Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread Pt. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gah112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone rotates - look how scary Denver's pass rush was when they had a deep group of guys who could get to the QB.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Smith was the model RE and Tank Carradine was there 1st round pick to replace him. The Stanford kid is fine. All the "Goldman to DE" talk was pre Hicks. Thomas seems like a similar player.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears are looking for a potential Alshon-like replacement, they could do much worse than Evan Engram. He's listed as a TE but his measurables are more like a WR. If he's there in round 2 I jump on it, but more than likely they would need to trade up for him at the bottom of the first.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all can agree that John Lynch is taking Adams, Thomas or Fournette at 2. Whoever he passes on between Adams and Thomas, that guy will be a Bear. Just my 0.02
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been nice if Adams had ran a little faster in Indi.
Epyon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
I think we all can agree that John Lynch is taking Adams, Thomas or Fournette at 2. Whoever he passes on between Adams and Thomas, that guy will be a Bear. Just my 0.02

Thomas really depends if he can play OLB or not in base, because I don't see him translating well to NFL 5t. I'd also add, Thomas was good but not great as a pass rusher, and his primarily collegiate strength was run stuffing.... I'm just not sure he's as high on our board as you would initially think.

Adams is a bit lower on my personal board, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was in the top 3 for Pace's board.... He loves him some intangibles in his players. Even so, #3 for a SS is a hard sell. If you discount his leadership, his production and athleticism really aren't at that elite level where you consider massively over drafting positionally.

I think Jonathan Allen has to be in that mix as well, and is quite likely still by far the front runner. We can talk about his poor combine showing, but his game film tells a different tale. The medicals on the shoulders are the make or break issue there.

Finally, I think Malik Hooker is probably higher on Pace's board than people think as well.... Like Allen, you see athleticism on tape, so his lack of combine isn't all that concerning. I'd add that he played through those injuries for a large chunk of the season last year.... and still looked amazing on the field. His big knock is run stuffing.... but that's mitigated by the fact that 1) He's a free safety.... if the RBs are making it to your FS, your defense is already failing hard. 2) He's basically a shut down safety in coverage.... you watch his film and teams are positively terrified of throwing anywhere near his zone. 3) He's a turnover machine AND a defensive point scorer 4) He has the kind of elite range that lets him sit back on his own, while the SS gets to heavily cheat up inside the box and shutdown the run.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think Allen and Hooker are no-go's because of injury worries, although I do love Hooker. I will also add that I wouldn't 100% rule out Fournette. I know Howard is good, but if Fournette is there and they actually believe in BPA, how would he not be BPA? Also, Pace loves athletic freaks in the 1st round. Fournette is that.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the players I would accept as the 3rd pick, bit neccasserily be thrilled but would understand and support.

Myles Garrett
John Allen
Solomon Thomas
Marshon Lattimore, least favorite
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker, injuries scare me
Deshaun Watson
Mitch Trubisky
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the players I would accept as the 3rd pick, bit neccasserily be thrilled but would understand and support.

Myles Garrett
John Allen
Solomon Thomas
Marshon Lattimore, least favorite
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker, injuries scare me
Deshaun Watson
Mitch Trubisky
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be happy with any one of the following (in order):

Solomon Thomas
Jonathan Allen
Deshaun Waton
Mitch Trubisky
Jamal Adams

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport @ RapSheet #Bama LB Reuben Foster had dinner last night with the #Bears staff and is visiting the team today, source says. Chicago picks No. 3.

Dark horse pick at #3.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears listed as one of 10 teams with multiple executives at Toledos pro day. Presumably to watch RB Kareem Hunt and OT Storm Norton.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport @ RapSheet #Bama LB Reuben Foster had dinner last night with the #Bears staff and is visiting the team today, source says. Chicago picks No. 3.

Dark horse pick at #3.

The Bears next Lance Briggs?

Foster visiting makes sense since he was unable to interview at the combine due to his outburst but I'll be really surprised if he's the pick at #3.

Bears will be connected to a lot of top guys over the next few weeks. Some of them will be legit interest and others just a smokescreen.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Quote:

Dark horse pick at #3.

It would be an indictment on Trevathan's availability this year IMO, but would be very much a REALLY good long term pick IMO. He and DT for the long term in the middle of this Fangio defense could look a lot like SF. Foster comps to Navarro Bowman IMO, and Bowman is full value for #3 in my book.

To me GREAT defenses aren't just built up front but up the middle. Our defense under Lovie, Fangio' D in SF, Lewis/Reed Ravens, etc. Foster is really a right step in that direction. He's a 3-down difference maker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster is an interesting one to me. What if the Bears visit bama was more about foster and less about Allen? Foster is definitely more of a slight trade down target imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 37 of 98

Jump to: