Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread Pt. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Rod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont be surprised if we pick Mike Williams....interviewed at combine. Utah safety will be there in 2nd rd.

Last edited by Big Rod on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
G08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Brett Kohlman on Jamal Adams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVV56meJ-fk

Brett Kohlman on Malik Hooker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glWAP7vbeH8

Haven't watched both yet, but this guy does great in depth scouting and analysis.

I watched the one on Adams... nothing I saw even remotely made me think #3 overall pick.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rod wrote:
Dont be surprised if we pick Mike Williams....interviewed at combine. Utah safety will be there in 2nd rd.

I really do not think that Pace is ready to write off Kevin White. Picking another WR in the top 10 is essentially writing off your 7th overall pick.
Epyon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Big Rod wrote:

I really do not think that Pace is ready to write off Kevin White. Picking another WR in the top 10 is essentially writing off your 7th overall pick.

Personally, I'm not at all big on Mike Williams... He's a poor man's Alshon imo, and I thought Alshon was overrated (in production, not potential).

I'd genuinely be less upset with Evan Engram or John Ross than I would with Mike Williams..... Engram is a better possession guy, and has the versatility to play outside or work from the slot..... and John Ross has the legitimate game changing speed..

That being said, I also hope like hell that we don't go with any WR in the first round, unless we pull a massive trade down.
51to54

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Big Rod wrote:

Personally, I'm not at all big on Mike Williams... He's a poor man's Alshon imo, and I thought Alshon was overrated (in production, not potential).

I'd genuinely be less upset with Evan Engram or John Ross than I would with Mike Williams..... Engram is a better possession guy, and has the versatility to play outside or work from the slot..... and John Ross has the legitimate game changing speed..

That being said, I also hope like hell that we don't go with any WR in the first round, unless we pull a massive trade down.

Well, if he or any other WR is the BPA at number 3 we HAVE to take him. It doesn't matter if we already have 3 all pro WR on the roster and a one legged blind guy at QB, we would still have to take a WR if he is the BPA.

I just pray when our second and third round picks come up that all of the other BPA WR's are off the board after we've taken the BPA WR at number 3.

It worked out so well the last time we took the WR BPA in the top 7.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would throw my phone out the window if we drafted a WR. Yes it's a need but the impact on WR vs DE/DT is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Gabriel

Hearing that Bears could indeed have an interest in S. Thomas at #3 but not as a 5. More of a guy they would play all over, both up & down
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Greg Gabriel

Hearing that Bears could indeed have an interest in S. Thomas at #3 but not as a 5. More of a guy they would play all over, both up & down

He's the guys who fits Pace's 1st round M.O. Freaky athleticism. Him and Floyd could cause havoc. I think you could use him similar to Pernell McPhee, either up or down like Gabriel said. Think he seems much more like a Pace pick than Allen or even my guy Adams if we are basing it off his past drafts.

Last edited by Blaize4488 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock on Watson's Pro Day

To be fair, Mike Mayock disagreed with the tepid review. "[H]is footwork was much improved because they're working on the feet and the hips, trying to sync that up with his arm strength," Mayock said. "Now his arm strength at all three levels is outstanding -- short, medium, deep. He had a little bit more trajectory on the football, another thing they worked on. A quick overview on Watson would be very impressive workout. One caution -- like most spread quarterbacks, his accuracy is tied to his feet. His feet are a work in progress."
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Greg Gabriel

He's the guys who fits Pace's 1st round M.O. Freaky athleticism. Him and Floyd could cause havoc. I think you could use him similar to Pernell McPhee, either up or down like Gabriel said. Think he seems much more like a Pace pick than Allen or even my guy Adams if we are basing it off his past drafts.

Even if Thomas would gain weight to get to 285, he might lose some athleticism but would still be a hell of an athlete. Plus having the improved strength and ability to anchor down he would be able to be a hell of a player at 5T/OLB/or a joker of sorts.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is Solomon Thomas weighs 285 when he plays.

Guys cut a ton of weight to run at the combine.

Depending on where they want him to play they will move his weight around.
Epyon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hypothetical here....
We draft Thomas, under the presumption that he's OLB in base, on the line in nickel/sub.....

Two questions then arise from me:

1. Do we then still have to double down on a DL like Tanoh-5t or Dalvin Tomlinson-NT/5t? (for example, since those are two of the mid round guys I like)

2.And if we do.... who's on the field for our nickel/sub package?

The versatility w/ Thomas is just making it a bit more difficult to understand the fit, as compared to like where some of my other mocks grabbed Tyus Bowser for depth OLB.... and it being pretty obvious if/when/where he'd be on the field for all situations.

The one other bonus I can think of to Thomas being a base 3-4 OLB is it would enable my often dreamed about blitz package, where Leonard Floyd comes in at "SS" and gets free choice of where to blitz..... Then again, we'd need an elite FS for that to work (aside from the fact Fangio doesn't rush like that).... and we can't draft both S.Thomas and Hooker in the first.
gah112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW:

Solomon Thomas: 6.25', 273lbs, 33", 4.69, 30 reps, 35" vert, 126" broad, 6.95 3 cone
Justin Houston: 6.25', 270lbs, 34.5", 4.68, 30 reps, 36.5" vert, 125" broad, 6.95 3 cone
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickel

Floyd/Young
Goldman/Hicks, big guys rush better when they aren't tired
McPhee, where he rushed better in Baltimore
Thomas

That is a flat out terrifying and deep nickel pass rush.
Nads786

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Nickel

Floyd/Young
Goldman/Hicks, big guys rush better when they aren't tired
McPhee, where he rushed better in Baltimore
Thomas

That is a flat out terrifying and deep nickel pass rush.

Thomas would be an amazing pick up knowing that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 36 of 46

Jump to: