Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread Pt. 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: 2017 Draft Thread Pt. 2 Reply with quote

Continue

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious what a prospect really has to do in order for a GM to fall in love with them (QB). Obviously tape is huge... but what else? What makes teams reach for EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder? Is it the interviews?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I'm curious what a prospect really has to do in order for a GM to fall in love with them (QB). Obviously tape is huge... but what else? What makes teams reach for EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder? Is it the interviews?
Desperation. Like taking Mitch at #3.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah interviews and interaction are probably a big part. We get the Senior Bowl right? That's a pretty huge advantage.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty firmly against going QB at 3 now. Defensive value will be too good there. Go QB in 2nd or trade up into late first. One of Kaaya or mahomes is likely to be there. Mahomes is really intriguing.
My partial mock as of now would be
1.3: Jon Allen
Trade 2.36 and one of the 4ths with maybe an additional 4th for 1.31- Brad Kaaya(just guessing he is mos likely available here.
3. Evan Engram

In this scenario I am signing Romo to a 1 year deal and letting Kaaya sit a season. If not Romo, then I'll roll with Sparkles/Hoyer/Kaaya with the outside possibility of Kaaya playing late in the year. I think with an improved D, those QBs could win us 8-10 games. Hoyer got the Texans to the playoffs just last year
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
Pretty firmly against going QB at 3 now. Defensive value will be too good there. Go QB in 2nd or trade up into late first. One of Kaaya or mahomes is likely to be there. Mahomes is really intriguing.
Trade 2.36 and one of the 4ths with maybe an additional 4th for 1.31- Brad Kaaya(just guessing he is mos likely available here.
3. Evan Engram

In this scenario I am signing Romo to a 1 year deal and letting Kaaya sit a season. If not Romo, then I'll roll with Sparkles/Hoyer/Kaaya with the outside possibility of Kaaya playing late in the year. I think with an improved D, those QBs could win us 8-10 games. Hoyer got the Texans to the playoffs just last year

If we are not trading back to get a QB then I REALLY want to trade into the very late first to grab their guy. That 5th year option is huge when it comes to savings, especially at the QB position.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
3. Evan Engram

If we are not trading back to get a QB then I REALLY want to trade into the very late first to grab their guy. That 5th year option is huge when it comes to savings, especially at the QB position.

I think as much as fans like me and some of the board want to go defense at 3, I think Pace will go QB because he's feeling the heat from not drafting one the past 2 seasons. I hope I'm wrong, because there will be at least 3 blue chip level defensive players on the board at 3. Mahomes would be really good value in the late 1st but I think he will test his way into the top-25.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
3. Evan Engram

I think as much as fans like me and some of the board want to go defense at 3, I think Pace will go QB because he's feeling the heat from not drafting one the past 2 seasons. I hope I'm wrong, because there will be at least 3 blue chip level defensive players on the board at 3. Mahomes would be really good value in the late 1st but I think he will test his way into the top-25.

I mean, he would have to absolutely love someone in order for that to happen. I don't think Deshaun Watson is worth the #3 pick in the NFL draft, I don't care how great of a leader he may be, he'll be leading a clown car offense that will be a run-first system (IMO).

And then we have to sincerely look at who we have to develop him... Dowell Loggains? Dave Ragone?

Does anyone want THOSE two schmucks grooming our franchise QB/top 3 pick?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Athelite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Hooker, we haven't had a playmaker in the secondary in ages.

^mike23md props
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*trade 4th round pick in 2017 and a conditional pick that can become a 2nd if McCarron starts 14 games and throws for 3500 yards to the Bengals for AJ McCarron.

1(3) DE Jonathan Allen (Alabama)

*Trade: 2(36) and a 4th round pick for 1(2Cool

1(2Cool QB Pat Mahomes (Texas Tech)

3(67) S Marcus William (Utah)

5. OT

*trade: Kyle Fuller to the Dallas Cowboys for 5th round pick

5. TE

7. CB
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
*trade 4th round pick in 2017 and a conditional pick that can become a 2nd if McCarron starts 14 games and throws for 3500 yards to the Bengals for AJ McCarron.

5. OT

5. TE

7. CB

We still own Buffalo's 4th in this scenario.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

5. OT

5. TE

7. CB

Traded for McCarrons and the other to move up for Mahomes.

This way the Bears can evaluate 2 young QBs at the same time instead of 1. If McCarron sucks we owe the Bengals nothing in 2018 and Mahomes gets a shot.
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what all the hype is about with AJ McCarron. To me he's no better of an option than a Hoyer or Barkley.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
Desperation. Like taking Mitch at #3.

Bingo it has to be pure and utter desperation. It also killed both teams for 2-3 years. Lucky for the Vikes they keep drafting very well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

5. OT

5. TE

7. CB

Traded for McCarrons and the other to move up for Mahomes.

This way the Bears can evaluate 2 young QBs at the same time instead of 1. If McCarron sucks we owe the Bengals nothing in 2018 and Mahomes gets a shot.

Ahh, glossed past the top part.

I don't think I'd want to draft a kid and then have McCarron ahead of him... I'd rather do that for free with Barkley and see if he learned anything from this past season. If not, much easier to cut bait.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 1 of 102

Jump to: