Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Kirk Cousins Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric BickelVerified account
‏@EBJunkies
Wow. @corryjoel suggests on open market Kirk could potentially get $26.5+ mil per yr... $90 million guaranteed. Id want to leave too.

i like Cousins more than Tyrod, but i don't think it makes much sense for the team, however if im paying 26.5 mil i would be much happier with Cousins then Taylor.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to happen Washington already said they will use the Franchise Tag if a longterm contract gets banged out and I would hate to spend any money on a qb over 20 mil if they arent elite and Cousins is far from elite

Thanks Max
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kirk Cousins Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
Quote:
‏@EBJunkies
Wow. @corryjoel suggests on open market Kirk could potentially get $26.5+ mil per yr... $90 million guaranteed. Id want to leave too.

i like Cousins more than Tyrod, but i don't think it makes much sense for the team, however if im paying 26.5 mil i would be much happier with Cousins then Taylor.

All things are not equal though. I was thinking Cousins would get about $20-$21 mil per year on a long term deal (4-5 years). I think I would still take Tyrod at $18 mil a year as opposed to Cousins at $26.5 mil a year.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kirk Cousins Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
Quote:
‏@EBJunkies

Thing is, I really think Tyrod fits into our offense and what we're trying to accomplish. We are a run-first offense. In today's NFL, we are in the minority, but there is nothing wrong with that. We have Shady and Touchdown Mike in the backfield with Felton leading the way. Tyrod accounted for 580 of our rushing yards this year and 6 TD's. Having cousins back there would allow the defense to solely focus on the RB for our rushing attack. That didn't work last weekend for us.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we are a run first offense but we have Sammy Watkins...we could be way more balanced with Kirk. He will force feed Sammy the rock. Shady will get his either way...

I'd love Cousins. No shot it happens though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure why you guys want to bring in a qb that isnt amazing but willing to pay him 22+ mil a year but throw a fit when tyrod is getting on average 15 mil a year and still able to produce a top 10 offensive scoring. You would think after week 17 how bad the bills were without tyrod should prove to you doubters he is worthy of staying rather then trying to find a replacement that may not fit the offense the bills have been building on top of paying him around 8-12 mil more a year.

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Im not sure why you guys want to bring in a qb that isnt amazing but willing to pay him 22+ mil a year but throw a fit when tyrod is getting on average 15 mil a year and still able to produce a top 10 offensive scoring. You would think after week 17 how bad the bills were without tyrod should prove to you doubters he is worthy of staying rather then trying to find a replacement that may not fit the offense the bills have been building on top of paying him around 8-12 mil more a year.

This. And not to mention that Cousins only excelled when he got into Grudens' system.

He's not leaving D.C.
Buffalofan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Tyrod at his current salary then Kirk at 26 million. If we give Tyrod weapons outside he will produce. Watkins was hurt most of the season and if he returns healthy and we draft a player like Mike Williams Clemson's WR in the first round we have probably the best 1-2 punch in the NFL along with the best running game. Now that is a scary offense not to mention Clay is a dangerous TE
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cousins better than Tyrod, but not at that price. I'd definitely keep Taylor at $15M, especially when you think of what other options we would (or wouldn't) have access to.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't happen but I wouldn't pursue him anyway. People acting like he's not a substantial upgrade on Tyrod are crazy though. Cousins has no run game to lean on and absolutely no defense, the team's success is built entirely on him. He's certainly not a flawless player but he's pretty damn good.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Cousins but not gonna happen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i wish we got this guy for cheap back when RG3 was considered there starter

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
It wouldn't happen but I wouldn't pursue him anyway. People acting like he's not a substantial upgrade on Tyrod are crazy though. Cousins has no run game to lean on and absolutely no defense, the team's success is built entirely on him. He's certainly not a flawless player but he's pretty damn good.

I agree,

Tyrod is good, but he is not worth an 18 mil cap hit. You either go big, or you go cheap. You don't go halfway.

Paying "elite" money for "above average" is how organizations get (and stay) in trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: