Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No Change At Coordinators
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: No Change At Coordinators Reply with quote

John just said so in his press conference.

Fire Harbaugh.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 1m1 minute ago
Harbaugh said there will be a few coaching changes, but won't be with coordinators.

Castillo gone would be the next best thing...

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 13s14 seconds ago
Harbaugh said he's making the coordinator decisions. "That's a responsibility that Ozzie and Steve Bisciotti have given me."

Fire Harbaugh.
ilovecroissants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to laugh. Harbaugh will go down with the ship if there is no playoffs next season. I love Harbaugh but this decision is pretty mind boggling.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing and almost shocking to be quite honest.

I understand the idea of continuity, but Morninwheg was a replacement himself! Hard to comprehend.

We threw a pass (INT) on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line on Sunday. I didn't think it could get any worse than the Philly playcall. Never mentioned it because I figured oh well Marty will be gone anyway.

Last edited by dcarey20 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Very disappointing and almost shocking to be quite honest.

I understand the idea of continuity, but Morninwheg was a replacement himself! Hard to comprehend.

John doesn't fire his buddies. Steve had to step in and get rid of Cameron. I guess we never should have expected him to move on from Mornhinweg. No worries about Trestman because he didn't have a history with him.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 2m2 minutes ago
Harbaugh: "You could go a different way, but my heart, my gut says this is the best way to go."

Fire Harbaugh.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tying your own future to Dean Pees and Marty Morwhinweg... I mean if that's what you wanna do, you do you Harbs. This is the hill he's gonna live or die on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually okay with this, buuuut if they suck again next year then head will have to roll.

Also, run the damn ball.

Might be me being an idiot, but I feel like Marty is going to change up the offense quite a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I'm fine with Marty. The biggest complaint with him is not running enough, but I've never seen the point in running just to run, if you are not good at it. I'd rather get better at running the ball first. It's too easy for people to look back and say we should have ran it more in a game because we got X yards per carry, but the running game we had this past year would probably not have been good enough if it was the focal point of the offense, IMO. Let's see what he can do with an offseason. Hopefully learning to throw downfield, outside the numbers. I think Flacco is due for a bounce back season and I see improvement on offense just off of that.

Another year of Pees is brutal though. The funny thing is he would have been fired on the spot in his first year after then huge step back on defense if he had the greatest super bowl choke in nfl history to his name, but Jimmy bailed him out of that. But, we get the same thing every year. We know our fate is to have a significant lead in a big game and then go soft and if we are playing a Dalton or better level QB, then we will have a 5% chance of ever stopping them for the rest of the game.
paraven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im ok with marty too. To me the defense let us down more then the offense did down the stretch. The run game wasnt working this year so yea lets get rid of Castillo and get the run game going once again.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with Marty isn't his abandoning of the running game (same as every other coordinator not named Gary during Harbaugh's tenure). My problem with Marty is that he sucks. Bad situational play caller, and his own offensive system hasn't worked when he's had an opportunity to install it. A full offseason for him to work with the team isn't going to improve anything.

And Pees... yeah. Not that anybody could really expect John to get rid of him at this point.

This is going to get worse before it gets better. Harbaugh and the rest of the coaching staff is going to push for stopgap vets in free agency after they cut guys to open up cap space. They're coaching for their jobs this year. That's not going to work because the team needs to get faster and more cohesive overall. Too bad since this is basically a lame duck year for the coaching staff. Otherwise they could start a mini-rebuild now instead of next season.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Harbaugh got to go... He tripping bad.... did he not see how one player Jimmy smith killed our whole defense... and Marty is trash... I think he knows neither of them will ever get a promotion and he id trying to build continuity... but still screw that... they are trash...and continuity ain't gon mean nothing when they get u fired
ravens5520

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't matter who was calling the plays. Flacco shouldered a lot of the blame in my eyes as well. He had hard times even hitting check downs this year. Too many throws were off his back foot & im aware 1/2 were due to pressures given up by our linemen. Although many plays you would see flacco get skittish & throw off the back foot when the pressure was picked up. No where even near reaching him.

A lot will be on getting a better qb coach to mentor him. Kubiak come back for Joe's sake Rolling Eyes
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That entire offensive system was terrible. The amount of dump offs and underneath throws was embarrassing. We aren't the type of team that can be successful with that type of system and it showed itself in the brightest of lights.

Harbaugh just sealed his fate. 2017 is going to be a rough year.

Joe was 28th in the league in Yards per Completion. With a team full of downfield threats. 27th in YPA despite being 11th in completion %.

21st in total first downs despite being 4th in total plays run.

Embarrassing.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 1h1 hour ago
Harbaugh on Juan Castillo: "We have a very good offensive line coach. But we have to run the ball better, keep Joe cleaner."

So don't expect Juan gone either. Offensive line will be bad again. Therefore Flacco will be bad again.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: