Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blake Bortles played this season with multiple injuries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Blake Bortles played this season with multiple injuries Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Jaguars QB Blake Bortles told @ESPNdirocco that he played this season with two shoulder separatoins and wrist tendonitis.

Damn.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sanctions for not following injury protocol should be fun. Hopefully it's just a fine because Gus is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gus Bus just keeps on giving.

Good lord. Well, I believe it was against Detroit when he went to the locker room during halftime and Henne kneeled down to end the half and he came back out and played next half. That is likely one of the shoulder seperations.

Gotta bring in competition of course, but this explains so much. Wrist tendinitis I hear is very painful.

El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:

Good lord. Well, I believe it was against Detroit when he went to the locker room during halftime and Henne kneeled down to end the half and he came back out and played next half. That is likely one of the shoulder seperations.

Gotta bring in competition of course, but this explains so much. Wrist tendinitis I hear is very painful.
I think the first one was week 2. He took a brutal hit and took a while to get up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

I think the first one was week 2. He took a brutal hit and took a while to get up.

Gotcha.

Just a brutal year all around. Hope the next HC is competent. Things just look worse and worse as time goes by with how Gus and co. ran this team.

Good riddance.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Gotcha.

Just a brutal year all around. Hope the next HC is competent. Things just look worse and worse as time goes by with how Gus and co. ran this team.

Good riddance.

Now players such as Ramsey, Gipson, and Fowler are complaining about how the defensive scheme held them back from being better then what they could have been. Fowler is saying he should have been used more as a stand up rusher.. which is why I have alluded to Fowler being a better fit as a 34OLB which is why I was saying that don't dis count our ability to make a transition from 34 scheme next year especially if we move Fowler to OLB.. I think Wade Phillips would have a field day with the talent on this team if you can get a guy like Shanahan who has been linked to be his DC where ever he goes but McDaniels is growing on me just interested in how he will build his staff.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Dalvin Cook - ????
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Gotcha.

Good riddance.

Now players such as Ramsey, Gipson, and Fowler are complaining about how the defensive scheme held them back from being better then what they could have been. Fowler is saying he should have been used more as a stand up rusher.. which is why I have alluded to Fowler being a better fit as a 34OLB which is why I was saying that don't dis count our ability to make a transition from 34 scheme next year especially if we move Fowler to OLB.. I think Wade Phillips would have a field day with the talent on this team if you can get a guy like Shanahan who has been linked to be his DC where ever he goes but McDaniels is growing on me just interested in how he will build his staff.

Personally, I'd like the 3-4 but you have to take into account the personnel. Where's Telvin playing? I think Jack would be a fine ILB as he's just as big if not bigger than a guy like Shazier, but Telvin at 220 is tough. Gotta be able to take on guards. At OLB in a 3-4 he doesn't make sense because he's not a pass rusher.

Fowler fits way better. Is Yannick as good in a 3-4? He succeeded when he had his hand in the ground more so than standing up at Maryland too.

Luckily, a 3-4 is only used 20-30% of the time from what I gather due to nickel defense. But there's some questions if we change. Telvin is arguably our best player on defense, maybe 2nd behind Ramsey...and he isn't an ideal fit at all. I don't think he'd be nearly as good at SS either. He's a LB in a 4-3.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Gotcha.

Good riddance.

Personally, I'd like the 3-4 but you have to take into account the personnel. Where's Telvin playing? I think Jack would be a fine ILB as he's just as big if not bigger than a guy like Shazier, but Telvin at 220 is tough. Gotta be able to take on guards. At OLB in a 3-4 he doesn't make sense because he's not a pass rusher.

Fowler fits way better. Is Yannick as good in a 3-4? He succeeded when he had his hand in the ground more so than standing up at Maryland too.

Luckily, a 3-4 is only used 20-30% of the time from what I gather due to nickel defense. But there's some questions if we change. Telvin is arguably our best player on defense, maybe 2nd behind Ramsey...and he isn't an ideal fit at all. I don't think he'd be nearly as good at SS either. He's a LB in a 4-3.

I agree but I also want them to find a way to create a package where you may Fowler rushing standing up even if you have him as a OLB in a 43. They have to be more creative on defense.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Dalvin Cook - ????
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Gotcha.

Good riddance.

I agree but I also want them to find a way to create a package where you may Fowler rushing standing up even if you have him as a OLB in a 43. They have to be more creative on defense.

Lot of good DC's actually scheme their defense to players strengths...we didn't have that. I'm not too worried about the next coaching staff until they show they can't do that.

El Ramster on the sig
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Blake Bortles played this season with multiple injuries Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Jaguars QB Blake Bortles told @ESPNdirocco that he played this season with two shoulder separatoins and wrist tendonitis.

Damn.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, the step back in play was SO dramatic is was hard to explain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: