Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyreek ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 8950
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Tyreek ... Reply with quote

I think there was a thread before, but I didn't find it. Thus .. a new one. Considered this interesting:

Quote:
Matt McMullen ‏@matt_mc25

Tyreek Hill finished the season with the fourth-most all-purpose yards in the NFL behind David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott and Le'Veon Bell.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter:@KC_Guy

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5935
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyreek ... Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
I think there was a thread before, but I didn't find it. Thus .. a new one. Considered this interesting:

Quote:
Matt McMullen ‏@matt_mc25

Tyreek Hill finished the season with the fourth-most all-purpose yards in the NFL behind David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott and Le'Veon Bell.


And he did it on 200 less touches than the 3rd guy
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7802
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a return guy who's a key guy on offense...this isn't really much of a stat. Obviously he's awesome, but "less touches"...he returns kicks, of course he's gonna average way more per touch.

Even if he's #1, it's not a huge deal...but #4? This is nothing.
_________________
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 19430
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all purpose yards doesn't mean that much. He gets so many of those on returns. What is impressive is how many TDs he has
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13774
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's his average yards per TD again? Like 40+ or something?
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimmydee1


Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Posts: 442
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.....what does a guy have to do around here to get some props. "Its not really important because he gets so many of those yards on returns", "he's JUST a return guy"..... Ya like the number of TD's he has, but don't like HOW he got them? It's like ...."I love this steak but did you HAVE to kill the cow??"

Watch this....the only thing he hasn't done yet is throw for a TD. So now you don't have to be surprised when he does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 19430
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Wow.....what does a guy have to do around here to get some props. "Its not really important because he gets so many of those yards on returns", "he's JUST a return guy"..... Ya like the number of TD's he has, but don't like HOW he got them? It's like ...."I love this steak but did you HAVE to kill the cow??"

Watch this....the only thing he hasn't done yet is throw for a TD. So now you don't have to be surprised when he does.


Where did I say it wasn't important. I said it's less impressive. and his TOTAL Yards being 4th isn't that impressive to me. considering how many return yards he has compared to David Johnson (who has 0 return yards). He's the most explosive weapon in the league, the fastest player I've ever seen and not close, and he completely changes the dynamic of our team. If he can learn all the subtleties of route running from Maclin and implement them we have the next Antonio Brown on our hands. Is that enough props for you b/c this is the stuff I've been saying all year about my boy Tyreek. I just don't think All purpose yards is the reason to be excited.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7802
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmy...nobody ever said JUST a return guy. That would be an insane comment...like people who don't eat steak.
_________________
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Habsawce


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1287
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante Hall that can make tough catches. What a treat. Also, is there any doubt he wins OROY? I really can't see how he doesn't, which will bother a lot of people because of his past.

So be it, the award is for football and the guy is pure electricity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 19430
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Habsawce wrote:
Dante Hall that can make tough catches. What a treat. Also, is there any doubt he wins OROY? I really can't see how he doesn't, which will bother a lot of people because of his past.

So be it, the award is for football and the guy is pure electricity.


he has 0 chance to win OROY
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jimmydee1


Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Posts: 442
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM, you're probably right, but for conversation....who DO you like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7802
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Habsawce wrote:
Dante Hall that can make tough catches. What a treat. Also, is there any doubt he wins OROY? I really can't see how he doesn't, which will bother a lot of people because of his past.

So be it, the award is for football and the guy is pure electricity.


he has 0 chance to win OROY


...and he's not Dante Hall really except for the return/excitement factor. Dante was fast, but not a blur. Tyreek has some wiggle, but Dante was 2nd only to Barry Sanders when it comes to hips and lateral movement. I think Tyreek understand the receiver position much better.
_________________
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 19430
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
RVM, you're probably right, but for conversation....who DO you like?


It's easily going to Zeke or Dak. Probably Zeke
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 7512
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
all purpose yards doesn't mean that much. He gets so many of those on returns. What is impressive is how many TDs he has

Points are always points. Yards are not always points.

J
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Anc260


Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 215
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyreek Hill has the most punt return yards in a season since... yes, you guessed it: Dexter McCluster in 2013.

Props to Dave Toub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group