Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospects & Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
On the topic of RBs, I'm confused by the teams apparent attachment to DJ Foster, he's been essentially a wasted roster spot since Lewis came back, and didn't contribute anything meaningful before that either. The coaches obviously value him.

I didn't follow his college career at all, assuming he stays around next year could he ever be a true RB at pro level? Or is he purely a scat-back type? If he stays around next year, will it be at the expense of White and/or Lewis?

I think early in the year, he was receiving back insurance to White. Once Lewis has come back, it's been more of a case of "who else is worth a roster spot?"

There's really no need to get rid of him at this point, or expose him to waivers. Bring him to camp and keep him through final cuts in case someone gets hurt.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
On the topic of RBs, I'm confused by the teams apparent attachment to DJ Foster, he's been essentially a wasted roster spot since Lewis came back, and didn't contribute anything meaningful before that either. The coaches obviously value him.

I didn't follow his college career at all, assuming he stays around next year could he ever be a true RB at pro level? Or is he purely a scat-back type? If he stays around next year, will it be at the expense of White and/or Lewis?

I think early in the year, he was receiving back insurance to White. Once Lewis has come back, it's been more of a case of "who else is worth a roster spot?"

There's really no need to get rid of him at this point, or expose him to waivers. Bring him to camp and keep him through final cuts in case someone gets hurt.

Yeah I think he's our all around backup RB. Can catch passes if White goes down and can take snaps off of our more "delicate" guys like Lewis or White if Blount goes down.

In the same way that Bolden used to offer just enough running and (questionable) catching skills to be a generic backup, we're keeping Foster as the general RB backup option. If we lose Blount, we want to avoid Lewis or White rushing 20 times a game so Foster can take some of those running snaps. Similarly, if we lose White, our primary pass catching RB, Foster can take some of White's passing snaps since Foster is pretty well-rounded.

Plus, the coaches love Foster. So much so that they don't want to risk him getting taken off of waivers

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said this a couple times on this forum, but I really wouldn't mind replacing Amendola with Ryan Switzer.
m haynes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
I've said this a couple times on this forum, but I really wouldn't mind replacing Amendola with Ryan Switzer.
nice vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsKGPnhgyg
MoJo63

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
nice vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsKGPnhgyg

Ever wonder why they insist on crappy music with these vids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: