Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospects & Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
With Gronk's back possibly a long-term issue, and Bennett already 30, you have to think TE is a draft priority. Unless there's a trade or FA move, I would expect a TE in first three rounds.

That's just based on the roster as is, I don't follow CFB so I have no idea what prospects there are at TE.

Harmon's likely exit means safety will be a need - so pencil-in whoever started at safety for Rutgers with our second rounder.

I was thinking about this yesterday if they do trade Jimmy and get the proposed 1st and 4th (?), I think reaching for OJ Howard from Bama is a solid move by the Pats. Gronk is annually hurt at this point and Bennett may command a large deal in the offseason. The Pats have to make a choice on one of them IMO. I am willing to bet today Gronk will not play the entire season next year.

It's shaping up to be a pretty deep TE class, but Howard is definitely the best of the bunch. Wouldn't hate drafting him even if they do re-sign Bennett, he's such a versatile weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using a 1st rounder on a TE would be absolutely idiotic.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

If a tight end is the best player available, I'd have no issue whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
With Gronk's back possibly a long-term issue, and Bennett already 30, you have to think TE is a draft priority. Unless there's a trade or FA move, I would expect a TE in first three rounds.

That's just based on the roster as is, I don't follow CFB so I have no idea what prospects there are at TE.

Harmon's likely exit means safety will be a need - so pencil-in whoever started at safety for Rutgers with our second rounder.

I was thinking about this yesterday if they do trade Jimmy and get the proposed 1st and 4th (?), I think reaching for OJ Howard from Bama is a solid move by the Pats. Gronk is annually hurt at this point and Bennett may command a large deal in the offseason. The Pats have to make a choice on one of them IMO. I am willing to bet today Gronk will not play the entire season next year.

It's shaping up to be a pretty deep TE class, but Howard is definitely the best of the bunch. Wouldn't hate drafting him even if they do re-sign Bennett, he's such a versatile weapon.

I would only do it if we got a 1st and 4th for Jimmy the extra picks provide flexibility
MoJo63

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

Well, that's one mans opinion. It'll take a first or very high second to get him. And as I said " If we get the two picks for Jimmy " and based on Gronk always being injured. Couple that with how important that position is to our offense I think it's a pretty solid pick.
NMM11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan is going to get paid by some one. I'm not sold on Rowe as a #2 CB either. We could be drafting high at the position again imo.
Adopt a Patriot 2015: #98 Trey Flowers DE
NMM11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

Not if they trade Gronk.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMM11 wrote:
Starless wrote:

Not if they trade Gronk.

If the Pats are willing to trade Gronk, I would think teams would be skeptical based on his injury history what two back surgeries and an arm / elbow?
NMM11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
NMM11 wrote:
Starless wrote:

Not if they trade Gronk.

If the Pats are willing to trade Gronk, I would think teams would be skeptical based on his injury history what two back surgeries and an arm / elbow?

If the offense plays well in the playoffs and the team wins another super bowl, i could see them considering it a bit depending on the return but its obviously a long shot. As to teams being skeptical; it is what it is, you have to trust your doctors to do their job. Gronk is a valuable commodity both on and off the field.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMM11 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
NMM11 wrote:
Starless wrote:

Not if they trade Gronk.

If the offense plays well in the playoffs and the team wins another super bowl, i could see them considering it a bit depending on the return but its obviously a long shot. As to teams being skeptical; it is what it is, you have to trust your doctors to do their job. Gronk is a valuable commodity both on and off the field.

Well IF they retain Bennett and IF they win the SB and IF they trade Jimmy for a 1st and 4th then IF they trade Gronk then I would say absolutely the grab Howard.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Starless wrote:

If a tight end is the best player available, I'd have no issue whatsoever.

Assuming one of Bennett/Gronk is gone? I think it would be insane to take a TE in the first if both of those guys are there unless they've written off Gronk and are assuming he's a non-factor.

If you give Bennett a big contract, and have Gronk for a big cap hit, it seems like questionable at best asset management to sink a 1st rounder in the position.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Jake Butt is available late in the 3rd round.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMM11 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
NMM11 wrote:
Starless wrote:

Not if they trade Gronk.

His value on the field is questionable given his contract. Off field, I don't see much value. He's a frat bro, I could see that playing well in some markets and not well in others.

I don't think Gronk has much trade value right now. His career is in doubt and even if the medical staff thinks he can come back from his back injury, there's no reason to expect him to hold up next year. I think it's far more likely he's released by this time next year than traded TBH. If he has value in a trade, he has enough value to keep.

I think Gronk stays around a little while longer but I expect the team is planning on moving on from him soon, assuming he doesn't retire.
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two tackles I like for the Pats.

1.Dalvin Tomlinson Alabama 2nd/3rd
2.Chris Wormley Michigan 3rd/4th

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/player/dalvin-tomlinson/26007/
LD696

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll get this off my chest:

How do you think Christian McCaffrey would do with the Pats? Could they fit him on the roster?

He's not the guy they should be looking for, who can give Blount some competition, and the spectrum of opinions about him is quite wide. I see a patient runner, who can wait for his blocks to develop and is tougher than given credit for. He's versatile, who lined up all over the field and offers kick return ability. Problem is, they'll probably would have to invest a higher draft pick than they'd like to spend on a RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: