You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospects & Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
Mangold is a minor upgrade on Andrews in his current state. If Mangold were to move to RG, it might be a consideration.

With the growth Shaq Mason showed, hopefully they wouldn't stunt his development in favor of signing and moving a full time center to play G over him

Mason still can't pass block he could always run block hell that's why they took him, so I am unsure what real growth there was. Now Andrews can also play guard

Agree in the aspect that his run blocking is exceptional, but if you don't believe his pass protection increased in the last season then you're smoking stuff better than mine. He was flat out bad as a pass blocker when he was a rookie. I didn't even want him to make the squad after last season, since he was only a 6th rounder and we had Tre Jackson whom was supposed to return and some hope in Jon Cooper.
FWIW, I don't know if it's his play developing to a higher level or simply a product of Coach Scar, but his pass blocking and overall play was way better this gear.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
Mangold is a minor upgrade on Andrews in his current state. If Mangold were to move to RG, it might be a consideration.

With the growth Shaq Mason showed, hopefully they wouldn't stunt his development in favor of signing and moving a full time center to play G over him

Mason still can't pass block he could always run block hell that's why they took him, so I am unsure what real growth there was. Now Andrews can also play guard

Agree in the aspect that his run blocking is exceptional, but if you don't believe his pass protection increased in the last season then you're smoking stuff better than mine. He was flat out bad as a pass blocker when he was a rookie. I didn't even want him to make the squad after last season, since he was only a 6th rounder and we had Tre Jackson whom was supposed to return and some hope in Jon Cooper.
FWIW, I don't know if it's his play developing to a higher level or simply a product of Coach Scar, but his pass blocking and overall play was way better this gear.

I am beyond a doubt smoking better stuff than you, but again I still think as a pass blocker he is sub par, I guess that is an upgrade from non existant
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/8c71bada-fad8-3ae7-8e32-fd4971695d2c/ss_report%3A-adrian-peterson-would.html Cool
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin_perkins wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:

Mason was a 4th rounder FWIW. He showed signs of improvement but not enough for me to feel the Pats should be committed to him.

Andrews at guard makes no sense to me. That highlights his biggest flaw (handling powerful DT) and minimizes his strength (making line calls, diagnosing blitzes). He'd be a step down from Mason
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:

Mason was a 4th rounder FWIW. He showed signs of improvement but not enough for me to feel the Pats should be committed to him.

Andrews at guard makes no sense to me. That highlights his biggest flaw (handling powerful DT) and minimizes his strength (making line calls, diagnosing blitzes). He'd be a step down from Mason

My point was if Mangold was cheap which he should be and a better center which he is IMO Andrews is a solid back up and a capable guard in sub packages.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
justin_perkins wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:

My point was if Mangold was cheap which he should be and a better center which he is IMO Andrews is a solid back up and a capable guard in sub packages.

I don't envision a scenario where the Pats use sub packages for linemen. They've rotated guys before as health as dictated, but they've never subbed guys out in specific situations.

Besides, Andrews and Mason have similar weaknesses (pass blocking). Even if Andrews could play guard, which I doubt, he wouldn't be a complementary option to the guys they already have.
patsfan06

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/8c71bada-fad8-3ae7-8e32-fd4971695d2c/ss_report%3A-adrian-peterson-would.html Cool

Pass. Rather get someone we could draft and develop.

That said, I'd probably rather have him over Blount though.
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

For better or worse, bringing in Peterson would be much more in line with precedent for this organization than drafting and developing a back.
LD696

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solomon Thomas is intriguing. He actually reminds me of another former Stanford guy: Ben Gardner. Both are athletic tweener types, who played all over the line, were successful college players and tested simlilarly. Thomas does have a great advantage though: he doesn't have Gardner's T-rex arms.

I feel he could be a good base strong-side DE, though I think he'll be forced to play 5-tech or DT, even though he has deficiencies to play those positions.

What can you tell me about DeMarcus Walker? I have to confess I haven't seen any Florida games this year, but I heard the hype around him, especially during the first half of the season. Could he become an inside rusher or is he exclusively an edge player?
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:

It depends on his price tag. If he wants to come here for a 1-year, $2M deal, I'll be more than happy to have him.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or would does it not seem like a Belichick move to take Mixon in third or fourth round? He has traded away all his top picks, so to get a guy with talent, he will need to take someone with red flags.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Is it just me or would does it not seem like a Belichick move to take Mixon in third or fourth round? He has traded away all his top picks, so to get a guy with talent, he will need to take someone with red flags.

There's flags and then there's breaking a college girl's face with your fist.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

Agreed. I think Mixon is good value on paper in the 3rd/4th, but there are other guys they can get that are just as good who haven't done something like that off the field.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

Agreed. I think Mixon is good value on paper in the 3rd/4th, but there are other guys they can get that are just as good who haven't done something like that off the field.

He's got Cincinnati written all over him Laughing

Wonder how far Sidney Jones falls now that he's out for 6 months. Maybe he's someone they look at 72 if he's still there.
iothar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medula Amendola wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

He's got Cincinnati written all over him Laughing

Wonder how far Sidney Jones falls now that he's out for 6 months. Maybe he's someone they look at 72 if he's still there.

I would think he would drop further then that.

Achilles is worse than an ACL tear I've always heard.

1. Dislocated knee (complete)
2. Patellar Tear
3. Achilles Tear
4. ACL/PCL/MCL tear
5. Hamstring

Above is how I've heard in passing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: