You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean McVay to interview for head coaching job with the Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 10004
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well can Goff throw a fade?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.


Colt McCoy?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 10004
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:
If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.


Colt McCoy?


Might as well be, but he would be overpaid for a position coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:
If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.


Colt McCoy?


Might as well be, but he would be overpaid for a position coach.


I'm with the majority that thinks this year isn't his to be a HC, but there are an awful lot of openings. By all accounts he is by far the hardest working coach on our staff pulling a Gibbs several days a week whereas blubber tends to knock off pretty early as Dunkin' Donuts prepares a fresh batch at 6pm daily.

If Scot thinks he the real deal would you be ticked off if he traded or fired Gruden and promoted mcvay? Hate to see a good young one get away. If he works on his red zone offense this offense may set NFL scoring records.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:
If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.


Colt McCoy?


Might as well be, but he would be overpaid for a position coach.


I'm with the majority that thinks this year isn't his to be a HC, but there are an awful lot of openings. By all accounts he is by far the hardest working coach on our staff pulling a Gibbs several days a week whereas blubber tends to knock off pretty early as Dunkin' Donuts prepares a fresh batch at 6pm daily.

If Scot thinks he the real deal would you be ticked off if he traded or fired Gruden and promoted mcvay? Hate to see a good young one get away. If he works on his red zone offense this offense may set NFL scoring records.

I'll answer predicated on if Scot did that and he had a first-hand opportunity every day to watch Gruden arrive, prepare, get the players ready, coach on the field, and diagnose what just happened that day. Whereas I have never met Mr. Gruden. Once. So Yes I would trust Scot on that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:
If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.


Colt McCoy?


Might as well be, but he would be overpaid for a position coach.
Pretty sure Danny made a couple extra dollars last year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
DCRED wrote:
mike23md wrote:
If McVay is offered the job and takes it, I would not want to see another HC come in to be a coordinator. Especially one that had just come from being a HC.

I wouldn't want Jay to feel undermined.

That being said, promote the QB coach to OC and find a QB coach.


Colt McCoy?


Might as well be, but he would be overpaid for a position coach.


I'm with the majority that thinks this year isn't his to be a HC, but there are an awful lot of openings. By all accounts he is by far the hardest working coach on our staff pulling a Gibbs several days a week whereas blubber tends to knock off pretty early as Dunkin' Donuts prepares a fresh batch at 6pm daily.

If Scot thinks he the real deal would you be ticked off if he traded or fired Gruden and promoted mcvay? Hate to see a good young one get away. If he works on his red zone offense this offense may set NFL scoring records.

I'll answer predicated on if Scot did that and he had a first-hand opportunity every day to watch Gruden arrive, prepare, get the players ready, coach on the field, and diagnose what just happened that day. Whereas I have never met Mr. Gruden. Once. So Yes I would trust Scot on that.


I'm no Will Rodgers- (yeah another continuing ed homework assignment for those snowflakes under 30) " everything I know I read in the papers" my information may be just as accurate or inaccurate as I pick it up from my bartender near the Park Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪Washington OC Sean McVay reportedly 'crushed' his interview with the Rams | Rams Wire via @theramswire

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/09/los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay-crushed-interview/‬
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monk HOF


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 527
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Garafolo
✔ ‎@MikeGarafolo

Sean McVay has had/is having a second meeting with the Rams, as @TomPelissero reported. Niners still in mix but this is heating up.


We might me needing an OC very soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
Mike Garafolo
✔ ‎@MikeGarafolo

Sean McVay has had/is having a second meeting with the Rams, as @TomPelissero reported. Niners still in mix but this is heating up.


We might me needing an OC very soon.
Yep, I think they're going to hire him.

‪Rams have second meeting with Sean McVay http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/rams-have-second-meeting-with-sean-mcvay/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

I don't see us hiring a new OC. I think Callahan or cavanaugh will get the job and we'll replace one of them as a position coach.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10605
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter Verified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.


Let's just go ahead and fire Gruden and promote McVay Laughing
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mar29020


Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 1820
Location: VA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt be upset if McVay left. Gruden can go back to calling plays and maybe we will run the ball more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sassan11


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 1321
Location: DMV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Adam Schefter Verified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.


Let's just go ahead and fire Gruden and promote McVay Laughing


Funny that McVay knows a good defensive coordinator when he see's one but our entire organization couldn't figure out that Phillips is way better then Barry.

On the bright side if McVay gets the job we can trade Cousins to the Rams for 5 first round picks and probably get them to throw in a 4th rounder and Goff (JK Obviously).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3698
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can take the Rams and McVay wanting Kirk off the list as too why he will command top dollar! Maybe we could pry Anthony Lynn if he doesn't snag one of these HCing gigs
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group