Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21668
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Also, I'm pretty excited for this:

“I’m gonna be the middle backer according to Marvin (Lewis) and Jim Haslett,” Minter said. “The “caller” like I was in Arizona.”

Base: Burfict - Minter - Rey/Mauluga
Nickel: Burfict - Minter/Vigil

Replacing Maualuga would be nice. Not sure why he's still $3.7 million against the cap.

I'm not convinced he'll make the team. Obviously the staff feels he's has a chance, otherwise they would have let him go before FA to give him a shot to latch on elsewhere. But he strikes me as a guy that could be in on the first round of cuts in training camp.

I mean, he barely played last year.


Mark this date down but I agree with theJ.

Really depends on if anyone gets injured early in TC at the LB position...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7753
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peerman is returning on a one year deal. Too lazy to link it. Just take my word for it.

\Edit: since beck would not probably take my word for it....

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/23/15038038/cedric-peerman-re-signing-with-bengals-per-report
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26404
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Katie Terrell, she expects Pacman to remain on the team as well
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5014
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Is it just me, or has the collective fanbase given up on Ogbuehi and Fisher far too quickly. Can we please give them a fair chance before we crucify them?

It irks me to see him already dubbed a bust. Yes, he struggled mightily last season. But he was a developmental pick to begin with. Let's let him grow into the position and gain some experience before we ultimately pass judgement.

It's because he didn't even show any flashes of being any good. That's a problem.


Kind of agree, and I'm as guilty as anybody about Oggy.

RT isn't his position; he's a LT, so I suppose we have to see what he can do. In fairness The Bengals have drafted their tackles pretty well over the years; so lets see how things play out; but the decision not to secure Whit for another year was completely stupid given his continued stellar play.

We'll see how things play out; but the bigger question for me is more about whether I trust the position coach anymore,
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5014
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Also, I'm pretty excited for this:

“I’m gonna be the middle backer according to Marvin (Lewis) and Jim Haslett,” Minter said. “The “caller” like I was in Arizona.”

Base: Burfict - Minter - Rey/Mauluga
Nickel: Burfict - Minter/Vigil

Replacing Maualuga would be nice. Not sure why he's still $3.7 million against the cap.

I'm not convinced he'll make the team. Obviously the staff feels he's has a chance, otherwise they would have let him go before FA to give him a shot to latch on elsewhere. But he strikes me as a guy that could be in on the first round of cuts in training camp.


Bengals value their locker-room leaders; so with losing Peko and Whit; in time honoured fashion, they'll let ReyM play out his contract, and look forward to that 7th round comp pick in 2019. Can't wait.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5014
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Saw a post on twitter with a quote from the Bengals website. Said that the day we drafted Zeitler, he was told he would not get a 2nd contract offer. Not sure I believe that, but found it interesting.


......I read that too and had a 'wow' moment.

If true; KZ must have been the first ever 1st round pick to be told exactly how long he'd be playing there.

Surprised now they 'gave' him a 5th year.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23029
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Is it just me, or has the collective fanbase given up on Ogbuehi and Fisher far too quickly. Can we please give them a fair chance before we crucify them?

It irks me to see him already dubbed a bust. Yes, he struggled mightily last season. But he was a developmental pick to begin with. Let's let him grow into the position and gain some experience before we ultimately pass judgement.

It's because he didn't even show any flashes of being any good. That's a problem.


Kind of agree, and I'm as guilty as anybody about Oggy.

RT isn't his position; he's a LT, so I suppose we have to see what he can do. In fairness The Bengals have drafted their tackles pretty well over the years; so lets see how things play out; but the decision not to secure Whit for another year was completely stupid given his continued stellar play.

We'll see how things play out; but the bigger question for me is more about whether I trust the position coach anymore,

They tried. Whit wanted 3 years. The team balked at that.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6820
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Peerman is returning on a one year deal. Too lazy to link it. Just take my word for it.

\Edit: since beck would not probably take my word for it....

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/23/15038038/cedric-peerman-re-signing-with-bengals-per-report


I believe you baby.

I've decided to stop thinking of Ced as a failed rt and only think of him as a talented first round left tackle. That sounds better and helps stop the need for whiskey.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7245
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Peerman is returning on a one year deal. Too lazy to link it. Just take my word for it.

\Edit: since beck would not probably take my word for it....

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/23/15038038/cedric-peerman-re-signing-with-bengals-per-report


I believe you baby.

I've decided to stop thinking of Ced as a failed rt and only think of him as a talented first round left tackle. That sounds better and helps stop the need for whiskey.


He needs to be putting in some serious time in the weight room this offseason
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21668
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Peerman is returning on a one year deal. Too lazy to link it. Just take my word for it.

\Edit: since beck would not probably take my word for it....

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/23/15038038/cedric-peerman-re-signing-with-bengals-per-report


I believe you baby.

I've decided to stop thinking of Ced as a failed rt and only think of him as a talented first round left tackle. That sounds better and helps stop the need for whiskey.


He needs to be putting in some serious time in the weight room this offseason


https://www.instagram.com/p/BRq5AoMlPlv/?taken-by=nuff_ced70&hl=en
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23029
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Peerman is returning on a one year deal. Too lazy to link it. Just take my word for it.

\Edit: since beck would not probably take my word for it....

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/23/15038038/cedric-peerman-re-signing-with-bengals-per-report


I believe you baby.

I've decided to stop thinking of Ced as a failed rt and only think of him as a talented first round left tackle. That sounds better and helps stop the need for whiskey.


He needs to be putting in some serious time in the weight room this offseason


https://www.instagram.com/p/BRq5AoMlPlv/?taken-by=nuff_ced70&hl=en

At first i was like whatever, he's only going to lift that once.

5 times. Ok. That's impressive.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6820
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His legs look like mine. How can he lift that?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23029
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
His legs look like mine. How can he lift that?

He's like the antithesis to Andre Smith in terms of mass/body type.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26404
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals are resigning Gilberry
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21668
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals are resigning Gilberry


tbh, he looked pretty good last year. As long as he's not starting or playing significant snaps, he'll be fine. Quality situational pass rusher. And unlike MJ93 or Dunlap, he knows how to move around/stunt to get a sack...

Beck Bristow wrote:
His legs look like mine. How can he lift that?


Pics or we don't believe you...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group