Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KennyBania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Barwin signed with the Rams

I wish I could say I didn't see that coming.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
I just want to know what the backup plan for left tackle is. I don't see one on the roster. Boling?

Ramzyck in the 1st I think is the answer you're looking for Beck......

That would be the worst thing ever. Give the young guys a chance and have a backup since we dont have one on the roster currently.

......I didn't say I wanted Ramzyck; I was suggesting that is what The Bengals might be likely to do.

The plan for back-up for LT is unclear; and moreso with any injury.

This years draft is weak @ LT, we don't have any players on the current roster behind Oggy who have played the position, and Mike Brown doesn't want to spend the $$$'s on a vet FA.

Makes you wonder all the more why they didn't franchise Whit for one more year. I really thought this team had moved beyond making huge dumb personnel moves like this with Whit. They have nickel & dimed him for the last few years, and clearly pi$$ed him off; even though he has continued to perform @ LT at a very high level.

I also wonder how much the continued BS from the likes of Pacman have influenced that attitudes of stand-up guys like Whit and KZ....... completely stunned that our FO didn't even offer KZ a damn contract......
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
I just want to know what the backup plan for left tackle is. I don't see one on the roster. Boling?

Ramzyck in the 1st I think is the answer you're looking for Beck......

That would be the worst thing ever. Give the young guys a chance and have a backup since we dont have one on the roster currently.

......I didn't say I wanted Ramzyck; I was suggesting that is what The Bengals might be likely to do.

The plan for back-up for LT is unclear; and moreso with any injury.

This years draft is weak @ LT, we don't have any players on the current roster behind Oggy who have played the position, and Mike Brown doesn't want to spend the $$$'s on a vet FA.

Makes you wonder all the more why they didn't franchise Whit for one more year. I really thought this team had moved beyond making huge dumb personnel moves like this with Whit. They have nickel & dimed him for the last few years, and clearly pi$$ed him off; even though he has continued to perform @ LT at a very high level.

I also wonder how much the continued BS from the likes of Pacman have influenced that attitudes of stand-up guys like Whit and KZ....... completely stunned that our FO didn't even offer KZ a damn contract......

They should have used the Transition tag on Whitworth actually

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We re-signed TJ Johnson for 2 years. I for one am happy. I like him and think he can actually step in for Zeitler if need be...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
We re-signed TJ Johnson for 2 years. I for one am happy. I like him and think he can actually step in for Zeitler if need be...

I think he's alright. That guy that tries hard but his talent level isn't all that great

theJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

That's making a huge assumption based on no evidence.

He agreed to those deals, in any case.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I think he's alright. That guy that tries hard but his talent level isn't all that great

Maybe but I'm still in the camp that Zietler was slightly overrated as well. I don't think the drop-off from Zietler to TJ Johnson is as bad as say the drop off was from Andre to Ced...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals signed Minter

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals signed Minter

I for one like it (Granted I wish it was Keenan Robinson). I was a big fan of his at LSU. Good against the run and blitzing. He seemed to get better each season with the Cards as well after initially struggling.

I'm guessing with Burfict, Minter, and Vigil that we're probably not drafting Foster now. Which is OK if we can get a pass rusher at #9...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals signed Minter

I for one like it (Granted I wish it was Keenan Robinson). I was a big fan of his at LSU. Good against the run and blitzing. He seemed to get better each season with the Cards as well after initially struggling.

I'm guessing with Burfict, Minter, and Vigil that we're probably not drafting Foster now. Which is OK if we can get a pass rusher at #9...

I'm thinking we go BPA. Could very well be OJ Howard

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals signed Minter

I'm thinking we go BPA. Could very well be OJ Howard

God help me if it is Howard. I would not be happy at all

IrishBengalGXG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe Foster is in the cards since Minter is a one year deal. They offered hi m more years but he wants to prove himself for a bigger contract, so Foster is still a viable option, with Foster, Minter and Burfict starting, Vigil still learning and Rey the every man backup. It just means the Bengals don;t have to try to draft two backers I think. But yeah Foster definitely still on the table in my opinion

2017 Wish List: Malik Hooker S, Joe Mixon RB, Dede Westbrook WR, Super Bowl 52
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishBengalGXG wrote:
I still believe Foster is in the cards since Minter is a one year deal. They offered hi m more years but he wants to prove himself for a bigger contract, so Foster is still a viable option, with Foster, Minter and Burfict starting, Vigil still learning and Rey the every man backup. It just means the Bengals don;t have to try to draft two backers I think. But yeah Foster definitely still on the table in my opinion

If he plays real well early in the year i can see the Bengals offering him an extension mid season as well.

He was better in coverage than I realized last year. He is likely out starting nickel LB with Burfict to start the season

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
IrishBengalGXG wrote:

If he plays real well early in the year i can see the Bengals offering him an extension mid season as well.

He was better in coverage than I realized last year. He is likely out starting nickel LB with Burfict to start the season

I get the feeling that the team is so invested in the comp pick formula that they essentially handed him a one year deal (with some kind of handshake agreement on an extension) so they wouldn't negate the Whitworth value of a fifth rounder. And i'm not 100% sold on the idea that this takes Foster out of the equation. We still need one more LB, and the top three DEs are probably gone by #9. If the team isn't sold on Taco or any of the WRs at 9, they could still go for Foster. I think this also opens the door just a bit more for Corey davis at #9 as well.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
IrishBengalGXG wrote:

I get the feeling that the team is so invested in the comp pick formula that they essentially handed him a one year deal (with some kind of handshake agreement on an extension) so they wouldn't negate the Whitworth value of a fifth rounder. And i'm not 100% sold on the idea that this takes Foster out of the equation. We still need one more LB, and the top three DEs are probably gone by #9. If the team isn't sold on Taco or any of the WRs at 9, they could still go for Foster. I think this also opens the door just a bit more for Corey davis at #9 as well.

That wouldn't surprise me if we do have a long term deal in mind. I personally think this does take us out of the Foster sweepstakes at 9. I don't want Taco at 9, but give me Corey Davis all day there. Improve this offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 29 of 33

Jump to: