Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting Robinson at 9 and paying Zeitler a big contract are both not good ideas as far as I am concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Drafting Robinson at 9 and paying Zeitler a big contract are both not good ideas as far as I am concerned.

I do worry that Cam Robinson has a bit of Greg Robinson in him. Physically superior but either too lazy/dumb to really perfect his craft. That said, I'd much rather take a guy like Cam than a secondary player with the #9 pick. If we draft a DB, I'll be furious...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I do worry that Cam Robinson has a bit of Greg Robinson in him. Physically superior but either too lazy/dumb to really perfect his craft. That said, I'd much rather take a guy like Cam than a secondary player with the #9 pick. If we draft a DB, I'll be furious...

The only DB I wouldn't be mad at is Hooker. But I realize it's not a need

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I can't see us taking a S after paying both Iloka and Williams last year. But then again, it wouldn't shock me if we did

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I like Hooker as much as the next guy, but he's not going to see the field if we draft him. He'll play ST with our current coaching staff... Laughing
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I like Hooker as much as the next guy, but he's not going to see the field if we draft him. He'll play ST with our current coaching staff... Laughing

No matter who we chose that may be the case with this coaching staff

theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Going down the list of positions, there are only a few i think wouldn't see playing time right away. QB, OL (depending on the position and who is resigned in FA), CB. Everywhere else (RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, S) they would at least be worked in, even if they don't start.

If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Going down the list of positions, there are only a few i think wouldn't see playing time right away. QB, OL (depending on the position and who is resigned in FA), CB. Everywhere else (RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, S) they would at least be worked in, even if they don't start.

You're probably right. But at safety we have two solid backups to go along with our starters. Granted none of them are "Ed Reed" who Hooker is getting some comparisons to but at the same time, I really like our safeties.

Iloka and Williams looked better towards the end of the season after they got time to gel. Deron Smith and Fejedelem I'm fans of as well. Especially Fejedelem, would love to see him get more time...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I don't know. I doubt a drafted RB sees the field behind Hill and Gio (and Rex if they work it out).

With Billings and Hardison coming back, I doubt a DT would see much time.

TE? No....

A top safety could jump the depth chart, but anyone taken on day 3 has to hurdle Iloka, Williams, Smith and Fegedelum.

Honestly, the only positions I think could see significant time are LB, RDE and WR2 (if we get a tall, rangy burner). And obviously a kicker, if we break habit and go for one in the draft instead of a veteran FA.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Lap was on the radio yesterday and had some interesting thoughts:

- He says no way we resign both Whit and Zeitler, thinks Whit is the one resigned

- Said we were offered a 2 and 4 for McCarron last year, but wanted a 1 and 4.

- Thinks we bring Peko back

- Wants a rush guy at 9, if not says take a cover guy

If it really comes down to the decision between either Whitworth or Zeitler, I want Zeitler. Whitworth may be the better player, but building for the future is more important. I honestly see no possible way Whitworth will leave.

Getting a 2nd and a 4th for McCarron is as good as it gets. There's no way any team will offer a 1st for him. And after seeing what happened to the Cowboys with Romo and Prescott, I'd rather keep McCarron around anyway.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I don't know. I doubt a drafted RB sees the field behind Hill and Gio (and Rex if they work it out).

TE? No....

A top safety could jump the depth chart, but anyone taken on day 3 has to hurdle Iloka, Williams, Smith and Fegedelum.

Honestly, the only positions I think could see significant time are LB, RDE and WR2 (if we get a tall, rangy burner). And obviously a kicker, if we break habit and go for one in the draft instead of a veteran FA.

I was talking with the 9th pick only.

And i'm not saying they'll start. But they'll see some action, even if it's a limited role.

RB would quickly play over Hill. A TE would see the field week 2 when Eifert got hurt. DT is a big rotational spot. A top pick boots Peko off the roster and probably spells the end of the jumbo DE's playing DT on 3rd downs.

A safety i can see the argument for. I just think they immediately jump Smith and Fedjy if picked at #9.

A 27th pick sitting is one thing. A #9 pick sitting is really rare, even for the Bengals.

If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

TE? No....

I was talking with the 9th pick only.

And i'm not saying they'll start. But they'll see some action, even if it's a limited role.

RB would quickly play over Hill. A TE would see the field week 2 when Eifert got hurt. DT is a big rotational spot. A top pick boots Peko off the roster and probably spells the end of the jumbo DE's playing DT on 3rd downs.

A safety i can see the argument for. I just think they immediately jump Smith and Fedjy if picked at #9.

A 27th pick sitting is one thing. A #9 pick sitting is really rare, even for the Bengals.

Gotcha. Was thinking you meant any draft pick.

The #9 pick almost needs to be a day 1 starter. And as we have discussed, it needs to be RDE, LB or possibly a WR if the top guys are gone at the other two positions.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

- He says no way we resign both Whit and Zeitler, thinks Whit is the one resigned

If it really comes down to the decision between either Whitworth or Zeitler, I want Zeitler. Whitworth may be the better player, but building for the future is more important. I honestly see no possible way Whitworth will leave.

Getting a 2nd and a 4th for McCarron is as good as it gets. There's no way any team will offer a 1st for him. And after seeing what happened to the Cowboys with Romo and Prescott, I'd rather keep McCarron around anyway.

I disagree with building for the future being more important. With what we have on the roster for OT, we would be screwed for the next few years. We do not have another player who can play LT on this roster. We do have multiple options at G. We have to protect Dalton at all costs and that is Whitworth for me

Crowe22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I disagree with building for the future being more important. With what we have on the roster for OT, we would be screwed for the next few years. We do not have another player who can play LT on this roster. We do have multiple options at G. We have to protect Dalton at all costs and that is Whitworth for me

We wouldn't necessarily be screwed. Too many people want to write Cedric off after a handful of games and that's straight ridiculous. A. Smith was terrible as a rookie and then turned into one of the best RT's in the NFL for like 5 straight years. Fisher should see an increase in snaps at RT and could turn into a serviceable guy and Ced, you know could improve in year 2 of playing.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowe22 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

We wouldn't necessarily be screwed. Too many people want to write Cedric off after a handful of games and that's straight ridiculous. A. Smith was terrible as a rookie and then turned into one of the best RT's in the NFL for like 5 straight years. Fisher should see an increase in snaps at RT and could turn into a serviceable guy and Ced, you know could improve in year 2 of playing.

Sure he could improve, but I am not willing to risk it starting him at LT and Fisher at RT going into next year. We gave up 41 sacks with Whit playing LT and being a top 5 LT this year. Imagine having both Fisher and Ced starting, Dalton would die

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: