Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Free Agency Reply with quote

Now that the season is over, I think we need a free agency thread.

Here is the full list of free agents this year

RB: Rex Burkhead
RB: Cedric Peerman
WR: Brandon Lafell
OT: Andrew Whitworth
OT: Eric Winston
OG: Kevin Zeitler
G/C: T.J Johnson (RFA)
DE: Margus Hunt
DE: Wallace Gilberry
DT: Domata Peko
DT: Brandon Thompson
LB: Karlos Dansby
LB: PJ Dawson (EFA)
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick
CB: Chykie Brown
K: Randy Bullock
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB: Rex Burkhead- I want back, but think he leaves for bigger role elsewhere
RB: Cedric Peerman- Bring back for special teams
WR: Brandon Lafell - Wouldnt mind him back, but think we could do better
OT: Andrew Whitworth - MUST resign
OT: Eric Winston - Ok for cheap backup RT
OG: Kevin Zeitler - Should be resigned
G/C: T.J Johnson (RFA) - Should be resigned
DE: Margus Hunt - Walk
DE: Wallace Gilberry - wouldnt mind bringing back. been solid
DT: Domata Peko - Let him walk (I think we resign him though)
DT: Brandon Thompson - Walk
LB: Karlos Dansby - Eh. Wouldnt mind another year of him, but as a backup
LB: PJ Dawson (EFA) - Resign only because I am a fan
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick - Torn. I think we should resign him, but not sure we will.
CB: Chykie Brown - walk
K: Randy Bullock- walk or sign as competition for a rookie K

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I would rank the free agents

The Big Fish

1.Kevin Zeitler - Top priority for the team right now. One of the top guards in the NFL and still in his prime, I hope they slap the franchise tag on him if they can't get a deal done.

Key Starters

2.Andrew Whitworth - He may be 35 years old, but he's still getting the job done out there. He seems uninterested in leaving Cincinnati, which is good.

3.Dre Kirkpatrick - Solid player, would be a blow if they lost him. But with Jones, Dennard, Shaw, and already drafting WJ3 last year, he might be gone.

Starters with Questions

4.Brandon Lafell - Played all 16 games, and surprisingly he had better stats this year than what Marvin Jones had in 2015. Not sold on him being the longterm #2

5.Karlos Dansby - Lead the team in tackles this year, regressed though compared to last year. Finished strong at the end of the season, but he's 35.

6.Domata Peko - Has always been the weak link of the Bengals DL, yet the Bengals continue to keep him around each year. He needs to go, but the Bengals seem interest in bring him back

Quality Backups

7.Rex Burkhead - Saw plenty of action near the end of the season. Would like him back, but there are tons of other teams he could see more playing time with instead of the Bengals. Marvin Lewis said they want him back.

8.Margus Hunt - Never could reach his potential here, despite getting much more playing time this year. Good at blocking field goals, but that's it. He would fit better on a 3-4 defense.

9.Eric Winston - Was forced in the lineup with Ogbuehi couldn't hack it, but he still struggled and eventually lost his job to Fisher. He may retire.

10.Wallace Gilberry - Came back to the team after the Lions cut him. If he stays though, he will only eat up more playing time for guys like Clarke and possibly whomever they draft at DE

The Kicker

11.Randy Bullock - The only thing people will remember about him this year was his missed game winning FG against the Texans. With the Bengals and Giants this year though, he was 8 for 9 on field goals, but he did miss one xp.

Roster Bubble Players

12.Cedric Peerman - Special teamer and nothing more, would like to see them find an upgrade here. But if Burkhead doesn't come back, it will seem likely Peerman is back.

13.Brandon Thompson - His chances of even staying the roster will be slim to none with guys like Sims, Billings, and Williams ahead of him.

14.Chykie Brown - He gone

Restricted Free Agent

TJ Johnson

Exclusive Rights Free Agent

PJ Dawson
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all starts with Whitworth and Zeitler. They HAVE to keep both. I am inclined to think that Whitworth could be persuaded to take a bit less in order to ensure keeping Zeitler. If you have to franchise KZ, you do what you have to do.

After those two, move on to keeping Dre. Jones is declining, and going into next year without Dre is a bit disconcerting.

After these three, make a run at Burkhead, but only for backup money. Do not overpay. If he leaves, re-sign Peerman. If he stays, let Cedric walk.

The only backup I would make an early run on is Winston. Another vet guy who is a great locke rroom guy alongside Whit.

The rest are just guys. I like Dawson's potential, but he can't go anywhere. LaFell is okay, but we can do better. Same with Thompson, Johnson, Peko and Gilberry.

I would go out and sign Ross martion now to a future's contract and either draft his competition or re-sign Bullock for cheap and let them battle it out in camp.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bring back everyone but Dansby. A lot of them would be fighting for end of bench spots.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lap was on the radio yesterday and had some interesting thoughts:

- He says no way we resign both Whit and Zeitler, thinks Whit is the one resigned

- Said we were offered a 2 and 4 for McCarron last year, but wanted a 1 and 4.

- Thinks we bring Peko back

- Wants a rush guy at 9, if not says take a cover guy

theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
- He says no way we resign both Whit and Zeitler, thinks Whit is the one resigned

Did he say why? I don't know why that would be out of reach. Getting a deal done with Whit should be pretty easy.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Did he say why? I don't know why that would be out of reach. Getting a deal done with Whit should be pretty easy.

It had to do with money. He said that Zeitler turned down a nice offer (that we turned and gave to Boling) and will want 10+ a year. The Bengals won't pay that to a G according to him.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

It had to do with money. He said that Zeitler turned down a nice offer (that we turned and gave to Boling) and will want 10+ a year. The Bengals won't pay that to a G according to him.

Looks like we're losing Zeitler unless we tag him...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Looks like we're losing Zeitler unless we tag him...

I hate the idea of drafting guys, they turn out to be top 5 in the league at their position and letting them walk. It's tough because we are forced to pay Whit top money to return because our OT picks didn't pan out. The plan may have been to pay Zeitler and saving money with rookie contract OT. But that didn't pan out.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I hate the idea of drafting guys, they turn out to be top 5 in the league at their position and letting them walk. It's tough because we are forced to pay Whit top money to return because our OT picks didn't pan out. The plan may have been to pay Zeitler and saving money with rookie contract OT. But that didn't pan out.

Yeah, I don't blame the FO as they tried to address the trenches. Hopefully one of them (Fisher most likely) can pan out to be a decent RT. I'm not opposed to resigning Whit for 2 years, and drafting say Cam Robinson 9th overall to play LT. Whit can slide into the guard position.

Not ideal, but $11-$12m per season for Zeitler is a lot of money...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Yeah, I don't blame the FO as they tried to address the trenches. Hopefully one of them (Fisher most likely) can pan out to be a decent RT. I'm not opposed to resigning Whit for 2 years, and drafting say Cam Robinson 9th overall to play LT. Whit can slide into the guard position.

I am all about giving Whit 2 years 20 mill or so. But no way do i want a tackle at 9. We have huge needs for this year and I personally dont think Cam is worth pick 9.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pissed if they drafted Cam Robinson.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

It is, but with Fisher and ogbuehi both on rookie deals, it could be done. We have made a habit of paying our tackles the going rates. With the young guys not getting paid much, pay Zeitler now and plan to replace the young guys with a future tackle to control costs.
Crowe22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I would like our free agency to play out in terms of our own players.

RB: Rex Burkhead - resign, he's proven every time he touches the ball that he can make plays.
RB: Cedric Peerman - possible 1 year deal, but at this point several of our young players played well on special teams.
WR: Brandon Lafell - played well and would like to see return on at least a 1 year deal.
OT: Andrew Whitworth - resign as he is still one of the best tackles in the game, let him finish his career in cincy.
OT: Eric Winston - possible 1 year deal in the event that Ced does not improve or Fisher cannot hold onto the starting RT position.
OG: Kevin Zeitler - absolute must resign.
G/C: T.J Johnson (RFA) - maybe a 1 year deal
DE: Margus Hunt - training camp invite, he made progress, but lost snaps once they resigned Gilberry.
DE: Wallace Gilberry - let walk, he should have never been brought back.
DT: Domata Peko - let walk, he's about as bad as it gets at NT.
DT: Brandon Thompson - let walk, he's always injured or not showing enough to continue to resign.
LB: Karlos Dansby - let walk, past his prime.
LB: PJ Dawson (EFA) - resign and give him meaningful pre-season snaps, he has too much talent to waste away on the PS or to let go to another team.
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick - resign if the price is right otherwise draft a mid-round guy and explore free agency for a better option.
CB: Chykie Brown - let walk, he's terribad
K: Randy Bullock - let walk and try to sign Ross Martin or draft an upgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: