Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Off Season - Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
mike23md wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
So far so we get any comp picks next year? Seems like we never do

Losses: Garcon, Jackson, Baker
Gains: Pryor, Swearinger, McClain, McGee, Carter

It's possible we end up with a 6th or 7th rounder, given the change in contractual value from our losses to our gains. I suspect the answer is no.

For the record, even if RJF signs somewhere, he wouldn't count for this since he was cut.
Yet another reason to hate the McClain and McGee signings.
Unless they do better than what they did last year and what Baker and RJF did for us last year.

Prorate them out as full time starters and McGee's numbers would be better than Baker and McCalin's #s would be 3 or 4 times what RJF's were last year.

Question: why do you constantly prorate just their last season and ignore their entire career?

Quote:
I could see them combining for around 9 sacks together and around 75 tackles.

If that happens, will you continually say that their signings were a mistake?

Again, I offered a sig bet against that.

Agreed Woz...

Turtle, stop "prorating" players and assuming that its a linear progression. Its not.

Like how many expect Murphy to surpass 6 sacks next season?

With a 4 game suspension and no PED's, I expect like 2.

Right so you wouldn't pay him going forward as though he's going to get you 6 again.
Well for one, he got 9 last year - not 6. And two, no one said how much we should pay him, just that if he goes out and keeps playing well we should want to re-sign him to a new deal.

That's even better, in 12 games you would hope he had 1 sack at least every other game right? Paying him going forward is based on forward thinking. What can he produce beyond this year? 15 sacks in 4 years IMO. How much is that worth?
In 12 games I think he'll have 5 or 6 sacks which would be about 1 every two games and I believe he'll get 30 to 35 tackles - if he plays mostly OLB/4-3 DE and not mostly 3-4 DE.

Just because we'll pay him on a long term deal doesn't mean it's going to be an expensive one. We could probably sign Murphy after next year on a deal that pays him $3 million or so a year, especially after his PED suspension.

You're not taking into account that in 2014 he spent 1/2 the year as a back up to 2 pro bowl caliber OLBs. In 2015 he was miscast as a ROLB and dropped into coverage over 70% of the time and only rushed the passer 30% of the time. Last year was the first year he rushed the passer most of the time and got a lot of snaps and he delivered. I think it's more likely he's going to be close to the 9 sack guy in 2017 and moving forward rather than a 2.5 sack a year guy.

You just took this somewhere else I asked one question! Stick to your logic I'll stick to mine!

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Instead he wanted John McClain and Fibber McGee? Ok young bucks go check your google machine to figure this last one out lol

*whistles* you went OLD with that last reference. I only know that one because of my dad liking to listen to the Big Broadcast on WAMU on Sunday nights (playing all the old radio programs from the 40s and 50s).
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

It's possible we end up with a 6th or 7th rounder, given the change in contractual value from our losses to our gains. I suspect the answer is no.

For the record, even if RJF signs somewhere, he wouldn't count for this since he was cut.
Unless they do better than what they did last year and what Baker and RJF did for us last year.

Prorate them out as full time starters and McGee's numbers would be better than Baker and McCalin's #s would be 3 or 4 times what RJF's were last year.

Question: why do you constantly prorate just their last season and ignore their entire career?

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Turtle, stop "prorating" players and assuming that its a linear progression. Its not.
NO! It's well within the rules of the forum for me or anyone to predict and project that any player, even the new most hated Redskins by most fans - McClain and McGee - can improve as players based off of the flashes they showed last year.

You don't like it, ignore it. Focus on if I break a rule, if I'm not, then don't tell me to not have a truly responsible opinion.

I can't even believe I have to read this post. What a load of crap.

Thaiphoon and I are first and foremost fans and posters here. That mod badge just means we have a few more powers (and a whole lot more responsibilities).

My previous point regarding your focus solely on the previous season is that you are potentially falling into the trap of expecting that top level of performance instead of expecting a reversion to the mean. My point regarding projecting linear performance is that you are expecting a guy to always do the same every game; it doesn't work that way. Sometimes a guy will have a GREAT game (possibly due to a weak opponent, or he just ate his Wheaties the right way that day) and sometimes he'll have a CRAPPY game (slept wrong, opponent gameplanned around/away from him).
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

NO! It's well within the rules of the forum for me or anyone to predict and project that any player, even the new most hated Redskins by most fans - McClain and McGee - can improve as players based off of the flashes they showed last year.

You don't like it, ignore it. Focus on if I break a rule, if I'm not, then don't tell me to not have a truly responsible opinion.

I can't even believe I have to read this post. What a load of crap.
Actually I think reading a person projecting a few game stats to full seasons is a load of crap.

That was uncalled for, MKnight.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Instead he wanted John McClain and Fibber McGee? Ok young bucks go check your google machine to figure this last one out lol

*whistles* you went OLD with that last reference. I only know that one because of my dad liking to listen to the Big Broadcast on WAMU on Sunday nights (playing all the old radio programs from the 40s and 50s).

Big Broadcast is very cool!!

That was even before my time lol but I enjoy listening with a nice glass of scotch and watching how beautiful 20 something girls ask things like " Why does he keep asking is secretary to get someone to get on his horn" this one can go in a number of directions Smile
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Big Broadcast is very cool!!

That was even before my time lol but I enjoy listening with a nice glass of scotch and watching how beautiful 20 something girls ask things like " Why does he keep asking is secretary to get someone to get on his horn" this one can go in a number of directions Smile
I love how your stories always start with a scotch and end with a beautiful woman.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Don't forget Molliy!
(I listened to everything my Grandad said)
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/chris-thompson-signs-restricted-free-agent-tender/

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/chris-thompson-signs-restricted-free-agent-tender/

If I'm not mistaken, he had no other options since either yesterday or today was the last day to receive RFA tenders from other teams.

At this point, with rare exceptions (see the Patriots snatching Gillislee), assume you are going to keep your RFAs.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, he had no other options since either yesterday or today was the last day to receive RFA tenders from other teams.

At this point, with rare exceptions (see the Patriots snatching Gillislee), assume you are going to keep your RFAs.

So I'm assuming Will Compton is just going to petulantly refuse to sign his tender until June 15 after seeing that no other teams wanted him even at the UDFA tender level?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

So I'm assuming Will Compton is just going to petulantly refuse to sign his tender until June 15 after seeing that no other teams wanted him even at the UDFA tender level?
I can't imagine him not being at OTAs and minicamps. He just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. If he's hurt because we signed competition for his position, he's got to get over that and be ready to compete and hopefully beat our Foster for the other ILB spot.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I can't imagine him not being at OTAs and minicamps. He just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. If he's hurt because we signed competition for his position, he's got to get over that and be ready to compete and hopefully beat our Foster for the other ILB spot.

Umm, why? Foster was the better player last season.

And he's already skipped the first round of offseason workouts. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed others.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Umm, why? Foster was the better player last season.

And he's already skipped the first round of offseason workouts. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed others.
I think you need to read my entire comment, you are taking it out of context. I'm saying it for him, like hopefully for him personally he can beat out Foster, not that I think he will or really care if he does.

I definitely agree Foster played better. I said all season long Foster should be a 3 down player and Cravens should have been our other starting S. It was clear in 2015 when Foster started that our run defense got better and overall we got better, of course the same could be said for Will, but he didn't play as well last year and neither one are fast. I love the Zach Brown signing, he's a fast sideline to sideline Lb which is what we need in the middle. He's a huge upgrade over both Compton and Foster.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: