Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Off Season - Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Redskins NT Phil Taylor

Maybe the 3/4 not going away after all. Doesn't seem like a 4/3 DT

Come aboard Wade

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66559&draftyear=2011&genpos=dt

Phil Taylor was good player before all those injuries. There is a reason he has been on the scrap heap. Hope it works out, but not expecting much if anything.

We worked him out in Week 6 and didn't sign him, so :shrug:

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Taylor played in a 4-3 defense at Baylor and both 3-4 DE & NT for the Browns, he's scheme diverse like most defensive tackles in the NFL, his reserve-futures contract really means nothing towards what scheme well run, we haven't even hired a new defensive coordinator yet.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Redskins NT Phil Taylor

Maybe the 3/4 not going away after all. Doesn't seem like a 4/3 DT

Come aboard Wade

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66559&draftyear=2011&genpos=dt

You can still have a NT in a 4-3.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Steve Wilks is an interesting potential DC because he seemed to be the guy-in-waiting in Carolina. Sean McDermott was eventually going to get a HC offer and Wilks was in place to take over. What I like most about him is that he is a DB coach...

The DB unit, more so than others, MUST be in sync for them to be successful. Our pass rush was pretty good and it seems that Scotty Mac has decided to keep Manusky/Olivadotti as LB coaches. Our DL just needs more talent. I think rush D is more about the players than the scheme. Hard to blame Joey B when guys like Cullen Jenkins and Ziggy Hood are getting BIG minutes.

My larger point is that while our D as a whole seemed to be out of sync and confused much of the time, it seemed that our DBs were constantly out of position and struggled to keep up. Wilks would bring a much needed expertise to that unit, which could immensely help overall.

Just a thought, but it could work.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
I think Steve Wilks is an interesting potential DC because he seemed to be the guy-in-waiting in Carolina. Sean McDermott was eventually going to get a HC offer and Wilks was in place to take over. What I like most about him is that he is a DB coach...

The DB unit, more so than others, MUST be in sync for them to be successful. Our pass rush was pretty good and it seems that Scotty Mac has decided to keep Manusky/Olivadotti as LB coaches. Our DL just needs more talent. I think rush D is more about the players than the scheme. Hard to blame Joey B when guys like Cullen Jenkins and Ziggy Hood are getting BIG minutes.

My larger point is that while our D as a whole seemed to be out of sync and confused much of the time, it seemed that our DBs were constantly out of position and struggled to keep up. Wilks would bring a much needed expertise to that unit, which could immensely help overall.

Just a thought, but it could work.
I have nothing against Wills after learning more about him over the past few days, but I think it's best for their defense and Gruden as a whole if he hired a Wade Phillips - who he should have hired 2 years ago - or a Gus Bradley because of their experience. I think we really need a DC who has experience building a championship caliber defense and putting together championship caliber game plans. We also need a DC who can control that unit, hold them accountable and demand respect from our players. Gruden shouldn't have to worry about babysitting that side of the ball and the coaches. He should stay with what he knows best, mostly work with the offensive coaches and let the DC do his job and mold that team into a great unit. If it's not a really experienced hire, I'm not sure Gruden can just let that DC run that unit on his own.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love to have Wade here but he will not come, unless Synder opens up the wallet and drops big bucks for him. Personally I like to think we are capable of hiring an up and coming young Defensive mind, aggressive and hard worker that wants to distinguish himself. Someone that will keep things simple but will demand perfection when it comes to fundamentals like tackling and swarming the ball.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this morning on Al Galdi's Espn 980 show that the reason we haven't hired a new def coordinator yet is because we are interested in hiring someone off one of the playoff teams staffs. Galdi said we were most interested in hiring Romeo Crenell.

Remember when we tried to hire him in the past? I can't exactly remember when that was, but I think it was Shanahan who wanted to hire him instead of Haz but Crenell chose to go to the Chiefs instead.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would he choose to leave his playoff Texans for us? Sure money talks, but that D is set.

- mike23md

mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crennell is not coming here.

I have seen that Mike Nolan is now in the talks. /sigh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

ah! McCloughan's first HC!

TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

ah! McCloughan's first HC!

Quick someone please get Scott away from the booze. Nolan? OMG I want Barry back.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan and Gruden share the same agent so Gruden can feel safe
Nolan hired Scott in SF when he was at his lowest point so Scot owes him

I remember Keim or somebody writing something that I was thought hilarious and completely unprofessional where Danny Boy put some vanilla ice cream at his door because the guy never blitzed

Connections, been fired multiple time, another spawn in the league- yeah that's a refskins hire ( unfortunately)
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The head coach hired the GM?

- mike23md

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Nolan and Gruden share the same agent so Gruden can feel safe Nolan hired Scott in SF when he was at his lowest point so Scot owes him

I remember Keim or somebody writing something that I was thought hilarious and completely unprofessional where Danny Boy put some vanilla ice cream at his door because the guy never blitzed.

Connections, been fired multiple times, another spawn in the league- yeah that's a refskins hire ( unfortunately)
Yeah, Dan defintiely did. That to Nolan because his defenses were so vanilla! Laughing

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
The head coach hired the GM?
Nolan served as his own GM when he was HC of the 49ers.

McCloughan was San Francisco 49ers Vice President of Player Personnel from (20052007). Nolan had final say and wa the HC.

When Nolan was fired Scot was promoted to GM in (20082009).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: