Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Off Season - Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
So far so we get any comp picks next year? Seems like we never do

Losses: Garcon, Jackson, Baker
Gains: Pryor, Swearinger, McClain, McGee, Carter

It's possible we end up with a 6th or 7th rounder, given the change in contractual value from our losses to our gains. I suspect the answer is no.

For the record, even if RJF signs somewhere, he wouldn't count for this since he was cut.
Yet another reason to hate the McClain and McGee signings.
Unless they do better than what they did last year and what Baker and RJF did for us last year.

Prorate them out as full time starters and McGee's numbers would be better than Baker and McCalin's #s would be 3 or 4 times what RJF's were last year.

Question: why do you constantly prorate just their last season and ignore their entire career?

Quote:
I could see them combining for around 9 sacks together and around 75 tackles.

If that happens, will you continually say that their signings were a mistake?

Again, I offered a sig bet against that.

Agreed Woz...

Turtle, stop "prorating" players and assuming that its a linear progression. Its not.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

It's possible we end up with a 6th or 7th rounder, given the change in contractual value from our losses to our gains. I suspect the answer is no.

For the record, even if RJF signs somewhere, he wouldn't count for this since he was cut.
Unless they do better than what they did last year and what Baker and RJF did for us last year.

Prorate them out as full time starters and McGee's numbers would be better than Baker and McCalin's #s would be 3 or 4 times what RJF's were last year.

Question: why do you constantly prorate just their last season and ignore their entire career?

Quote:

I don't do sign bets, it's childish to me. If I was a pessimist like almost all Redskins fans I would overreact to their signings because I would have wanted to overpay for Campbell and others. Most are acting like they're for sure these signings are going to fail almost to the point where they'd rather be right about them being bad signings than to have McClain and McGee play well for the redskins.

As for prorating, I'm prorating their stats based off of that they did last season and in McGee's case, if he had played all 16 games.

Why would I go back 3 or 4 years? That doesn't make much sense and it's not why we signed them. We signed them based off of what they showed on film last year and what we believe they can do in our defense over the next 2 or 3 seasons.

John Keim said on Cooley & Kevin that the reason the Redskins signed McClain and McGee were because that's who Jim Tomsula recommended they sign for his DL. They are the kind of DL he is looking for on his defensive line.

Here is the truth, our front office is listening to what one of the best defensive line coaches in the NFL is suggesting they do in free agency and all these fans think they know better. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. We'll have to see what happens.

Turtle-1. Do you really believe Tomsula didn't want Campbell?
2. Do you believe Tomsula didn't want Hankins
3. Do you really believe Tomsula didn't want Brandon Williams?
4. Do you really believe Tomsula didn't want donte Hightower?
Instead he wanted John McClain and Fibber McGee? Ok young bucks go check your google machine to figure this last one out lol

Anything they do is OK with Turtle because the Redskins will find a way to find success in it. Even if Tomsula wanted these guys, Turtle will find someway to defend Bruce signing of McClain and MCGee over them. The other guys had no interest in coming here or they wanted too much money. Another one, they will focus on the DL in the draft despite passing on Williams in 2015 and Billings (multiple times last year) plus other DLs throughout the draft after round 1.
Oh Turtle this, Turtle that, do you dream about me too?

Just because I'm willing to see what our free agents may do and what our front office will do in the draft doesn't mean I love all their moves and non moves, but I am willing to accept the possibility and have an open mind that they may be equivalent to or even better than the guys we didn't re-sign or cut.

It's obviously far easier to be a bandwagon guy and just agree with the opinions of all other fans of to just take the stance that no matter what Allen foes I'll hate it because that's huge popular opinion amongst fans & media in Redskibs nation. Keep riding that bandwagon.

I'll see what happens.

Laughing

McCloughan passed on the DL last year last time I checked.

Turtle your dreaming when you say McGee and McLain are better talents than Poe, Williams, Hankins, or Hightower. Be optimistic, but damn don't ignore the truth. Last I checked we aren't actually sure if SM made the call or not. Also if SM got his way wouldn't KC be already signed? Think report suggest that. Still shout out to your boy Bruce Allen though.

I know I said I would've waited to sign Kirk as well but it seems SM had a better plan than me and Bruce Allen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Turtle, stop "prorating" players and assuming that its a linear progression. Its not.

Like how many expect Murphy to surpass 6 sacks next season?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

NO! It's well within the rules of the forum for me or anyone to predict and project that any player, even the new most hated Redskins by most fans - McClain and McGee - can improve as players based off of the flashes they showed last year.

You don't like it, ignore it. Focus on if I break a rule, if I'm not, then don't tell me to not have a truly responsible opinion.

I can't even believe I have to read this post. What a load of crap.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

NO! It's well within the rules of the forum for me or anyone to predict and project that any player, even the new most hated Redskins by most fans - McClain and McGee - can improve as players based off of the flashes they showed last year.

You don't like it, ignore it. Focus on if I break a rule, if I'm not, then don't tell me to not have a truly responsible opinion.

Over-dramatic much? I'm pretty sure he wasn't speaking to you as a mod, just a fellow poster who is annoyed at your stubbornness when it comes to overrating certain players in an effort to defend your beloved Bruce Allen.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Actually I think reading a person projecting a few game stats to full seasons is a load of crap.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

With a 4 game suspension and no PED's, I expect like 2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Right so you wouldn't pay him going forward as though he's going to get you 6 again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is hilarious! So, let me get this straight:

1. A year ago today, many - maybe even most - in this forum didn't even think or maybe didn't even want Murphy on the team anymore, that was the "jump on the badwagon opinion of most fans." If you didn't like agree with it your were critized and pretty much called a homer, you wear burgundy and gold sun glasses, you never criticize players or aren't objective when analyzing them... etc. Only a few in this forum said he just needed more time to develop, needed to get stronger, and he would be a better pass rusher if he played more at LOLB or at DE.

2. Murphy goes out and has a career year (47 tackles, 9 sacks) - all be it with some kind of PEDs that no one knows what exactly he took - and let's be honest at east 75% of the NFL is on something so, I have a hard time saying he had an actual competitive advantage.

To now, he's trash again and won't get 2 sacks. Yeah ok, we get it. You're extremely biased and are happy he's getting suspended. Laughing

I think if his suspension isn't appealed and bargained down to 1 or 2 games he'll still go for 30 tackles and 5 or 6 sacks. He's a good football player, that isn't going to change.

Oh wait, should I delete that? I'm not allowed to project what a player will do based off of last year's stats... I forgot. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
mike23md wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Right so you wouldn't pay him going forward as though he's going to get you 6 again.
Well for one, he got 9 last year - not 6. And two, no one said how much we should pay him, just that if he goes out and keeps playing well we should want to re-sign him to a new deal.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - we're getting away from the intent of this thread. This thread is just an informative thread to keep us informed about the goings-on. Please keep the arguing out (yes, I've been guilty) and put it on another thread.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
mike23md wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Well for one, he got 9 last year - not 6. And two, no one said how much we should pay him, just that if he goes out and keeps playing well we should want to re-sign him to a new deal.

That's even better, in 12 games you would hope he had 1 sack at least every other game right? Paying him going forward is based on forward thinking. What can he produce beyond this year? 15 sacks in 4 years IMO. How much is that worth?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Over-dramatic much? I'm pretty sure he wasn't speaking to you as a mod, just a fellow poster who is annoyed at your stubbornness when it comes to overrating certain players in an effort to defend your beloved Bruce Allen.
Well that's rich. You're totally taking the reason I think McClain will be good and McGee can be good out of context.

Go read some articles from Cowboys newspapers or Dallas newspapers about McClain and how they should have signed him long term instead of Tyrone Crawford. Cowboys fans were upset they lost him.

Go rewatch the Redskins game vs the Cowboys last year and see how we had trouble blocking him particularly vs the run.

Watch the film study that's on YouTube that I posted about McGee.

I actually think they're going to be good for us.

People shouldn't get their feelings hurt because I post some predictions about the team that they don't agree with. I've been doing it for 15 years, it's for fun and a conversation piece, not for people to act like I hurt them because I like a
Redskins player and believe they may give us a good season.

What a joke.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

Well that's rich. You're totally taking the reason I think McClain will be good and McGee can be good out of context.

Go read some articles from Cowboys newspapers or Dallas newspapers about McClain and how they should have signed him long term instead of Tyrone Crawford. Cowboys fans were upset they lost him.

Go rewatch the Redskins game vs the Cowboys last year and see how we had trouble blocking him particularly vs the run.

Watch the film study that's on YouTube that I posted about McGee.

I actually think they're going to be good for us.

People shouldn't get their feelings hurt because I post some predictions about the team that they don't agree with. I've been doing it for 15 years, it's for fun and a conversation piece, not for people to act like I hurt them because I like a
Redskins player and believe they may give us a good season.

What a joke.

Have you taken a look at their respective snap count percentages last year compared to Baker and RJF's? What do you think will happen when two injury-prone players are forced to play more snaps than they ever have in their careers?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
mike23md wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Quote:

Agreed Woz...

That's even better, in 12 games you would hope he had 1 sack at least every other game right? Paying him going forward is based on forward thinking. What can he produce beyond this year? 15 sacks in 4 years IMO. How much is that worth?
In 12 games I think he'll have 5 or 6 sacks which would be about 1 every two games and I believe he'll get 30 to 35 tackles - if he plays mostly OLB/4-3 DE and not mostly 3-4 DE.

Just because we'll pay him on a long term deal doesn't mean it's going to be an expensive one. We could probably sign Murphy after next year on a deal that pays him $3 million or so a year, especially after his PED suspension.

You're not taking into account that in 2014 he spent 1/2 the year as a back up to 2 pro bowl caliber OLBs. In 2015 he was miscast as a ROLB and dropped into coverage over 70% of the time and only rushed the passer 30% of the time. Last year was the first year he rushed the passer most of the time and got a lot of snaps and he delivered. I think it's more likely he's going to be close to the 9 sack guy in 2017 and moving forward rather than a 2.5 sack a year guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: