Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Playoff Thread Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
lol at least we get Caldwell for another year. 5-11 here we come!

We said the same thing last year, made the playoffs.

More like 8-8 and #6 seed here we come. Followed by Caldwell extension.

Wink Crying or Very sad
well, the schedule looks harder next year and we won't get lucky with so many comeback wins

for real though, if we don't suck next year we're just moving closer to being the Bengals but with less hope

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Maverick12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why the NFL playoffs need to be best of seven series. Enough of this one and done crap.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
1King wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Wink Crying or Very sad
well, the schedule looks harder next year and we won't get lucky with so many comeback wins

for real though, if we don't suck next year we're just moving closer to being the Bengals but with less hope

Eh, let's give the offseason a go first before predictions(that are no doubt directly influenced by this 4 game skid). Lions are in good position cap wise to adv some talent, and Quinn's first draft is looking promising.

Just got to pray we somehow get a playmaking safety and/or pass rushing DT this offseason.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to tell you, the Lions did play a poor game but GOD D... I am TIRED of watching Seattle get the benefit of really poor officiating.

Pete Carrol has pics of someone up on high with someone else's wife or some ish like that.

What a shame.
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
I can't stand that these final 3 loses have come against my 3 most hated teams. Please Atlanta or New York win this conference

I am thinking it is going to be a Giants vs Falcons for the NFC championship so you are in luck there.

We did what we could to get you guys into the playoffs.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obvious it's not the coaches. The Lions simply aren't good enough.

I really want Ebron to succeed but his inability to block combined with his high drop percentage makes him a handicap.

They're a frustrating team.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:

Damn near spilled my coffee.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really getting comical first TD catch everyone in the world could see the wide out grab the dbs face mask and pull it up and back to the right away from the catch. The dude couldn't react and make a play on the one handed catch because he couldn't even see the ball down there after having his head jacked up. NO CALL yet they praise the catch and not once mention the face mask missed. Like no one was watching that at all right.... o wait not true they did see Pass interference bye the DB they threw the flag on that just in case he dropped it on 4th down.

I myself get sick and tired of hearing people say Lions can't win a playoff game its been 25 years or so yet with the refs making calls against us like last time in Dallas and now Seattle no wonder we lose these games.

I wonder what rule change is coming next it seems always to be a blown call against Detroit that changes something LMAO!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions sucked. I mean 4th and 1, you go for it, and you don't run it.... come on. I knew it was over then. Let alone I'd of just tried the Long FG to get the lead.

Instead they try a pass play for 1 yard, get stopped, then get drove on for a TD.(I know the TD shouldn't of counted because of the helmet grab but still.)

That was the momentum shifter really in the whole game to me. Seahawks weren't that good, they could of been beaten, but with the Lions shooting themselves in the foot coupled with one or two tough calls gets the Lions in big trouble.

No reason to blow the gig up though. Lions need, and I mean NEED a redzone target. Eric Ebron isn't it. He has to go or be sent into a secondary TE role. Complete and utter bust at 10. We can stop talking about it. Lions need depth at T and a starting RT. Going into the season I think we can actually count on Zach Zenner/Abdullah/Riddick. Need a starting CB opposite of Slay. Need to sign a guy who's an upgrade over Whitehead. Also need a guy that can generate sacks on the outside. Killebrew should prolly be starting, if Wilson is not going to be a big factor in the run game he's not good enough in coverage to play over Killebrew who's better near the line and maybe just as good in coverage.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Lions sucked. I mean 4th and 1, you go for it, and you don't run it.... come on. I knew it was over then. Let alone I'd of just tried the Long FG to get the lead.

Instead they try a pass play for 1 yard, get stopped, then get drove on for a TD.(I know the TD shouldn't of counted because of the helmet grab but still.)

That was the momentum shifter really in the whole game to me. Seahawks weren't that good, they could of been beaten, but with the Lions shooting themselves in the foot coupled with one or two tough calls gets the Lions in big trouble.

No reason to blow the gig up though. Lions need, and I mean NEED a redzone target. Eric Ebron isn't it. He has to go or be sent into a secondary TE role. Complete and utter bust at 10. We can stop talking about it. Lions need depth at T and a starting RT. Going into the season I think we can actually count on Zach Zenner/Abdullah/Riddick. Need a starting CB opposite of Slay. Need to sign a guy who's an upgrade over Whitehead. Also need a guy that can generate sacks on the outside. Killebrew should prolly be starting, if Wilson is not going to be a big factor in the run game he's not good enough in coverage to play over Killebrew who's better near the line and maybe just as good in coverage.

I actually think Killebrew is better in coverage. I know he's only had limited snaps but his coverage skills have looked solid thus far. I could be wrong but it almost seems like he's had some issues grasping the playbook/knowing his responsibilities. There's been a few times that I've seen him look lost when he was. Where he needs to go if there's a shift in the offense, what man he's supposed to have in a zone etc. it wouldn't surprise me to see him play a lot more next year.

I'm good with Abdullah/zenner and riddick other than the issue of health with abdullah and riddick. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at a late round guy as Washington has absolutely no vision.

I want Jonathan Allen. I don't think it would be the complete answer to the defense but I think it would go a long way. I know there's a lot of talented guys at DL this year but Allen looks the best to me.

I agree with needing a starting CB other than slay. I think Lawson is decent in the slot but is outgunned on the outside. I'd like to look at FAs there.

Whitehead needs to go. I know he had a lot of tackles this year but they were not generated under good terms. He's a solid tackler but he sucks at taking on blocks and is horrible in coverage.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:

That play told me we were going to lose. I truly don't understand why Cooter kept going away from Zenner. Good 1st half against Dallas, don't use him 2nd half. Good 1st half against Green Bay, don't use him 2nd half. Have a 4th and inches and he's playing great, draw up a passing play for our blocking TE with no blockers in front of him. Zenner wasn't even on the field during the play. Did Zenner sleep with Cooters wife or something? I don't understand why he hates the kid so much. It's bad enough they didn't play him all year even after having a great preseason, but they he produces late in the season and we ignore him and put in a cold Washington. Confused

If Cooter is not going to use Zenner, cut him, let him find another team and find a RB that plays just like him that you will play. WE NEED A RUN GAME!! Evil or Very Mad

Sig by El Ramster
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
1King wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Wink Crying or Very sad

Interesting. I hate to go down this path, but if you put Stafford on some of those Bengals teams he takes them a lot further than Dalton ever did.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a tough game to watch, Seattle got most of the calls, it looked like the O left the hands back in Detroit for the game... we def need another playmaker on both sides of the ball. another thing is why doesn't Austin let slay stay with the other teams best Wr? I mean I didn't hear Slay's name all nght so im guessing he shut down whoever he was on but if there the 3rd/4th option it wont matter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: