Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card Sunday 4:40: New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Wild Card Sunday 4:40: New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers Reply with quote

w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli and the Giants had to win at Lambeau in both of their first two Superbowl runs. Let's see them complete the trifecta.
bullrider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Eli and the Giants had to win at Lambeau in both of their first two Superbowl runs. Let's see them complete the trifecta.

Not going to happen...Rodgers will be too much.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullrider wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

God this guy is so worried he would pay to have us gone before we see dallas Laughing Laughing Laughing

Btw we have been a top defense in every single category over the last 3 quarters of the season. Figured you would remember that since the only points dallas scored on us was on a trick play Laughing
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to see how the elements play a role. It should be a very interesting matchup. They don't have much of a running game so we can drop back 7 fairly comfortably. The way this secondary is playing, if we get a bit of pressure we will be alright. Then it's just up to our passing game versus their beat up secondary. I'm cautiously optimistic. I fell better about this trip than in 2007 or 2011.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't know. The defense is playing so great right now but at the same time GB is blazing hot and Rodgers with his damn legs is going to give them fits all night. So many times in that Detroit game they had him in a sure sack and he pulls a Houdini and escapes. I just don't see the defense shutting them down. So then the question is can the offense actually score enough to keep up with them...

But hey I was doubtful in 2007 and 2011 too so who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooting for a Giants-Patriots Superbowl. Here we go!

Playoff defense >>>

Also, let's not forget Playoff Eli is probably the GOAT quarterback EVER
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
I just don't know. The defense is playing so great right now but at the same time GB is blazing hot and Rodgers with his damn legs is going to give them fits all night. So many times in that Detroit game they had him in a sure sack and he pulls a Houdini and escapes. I just don't see the defense shutting them down. So then the question is can the offense actually score enough to keep up with them...

Their secondary is extremely banged up and I think our front 7 will contain Rodgers better than the lions did
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a more talented D-line than Detroit.

That is for sure.

The question is going to be the LBs and whether or not they can contain.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

The bolded is the problem and what worries me. Spags will need Robinson or someone to spy on Rodgers. If we can keep him in the pocket I think it gives us our only chance to pull off the upset. His last INTs came against us when JackRabbit got 2. It's all about keeping him in the pocket and taking him down -- no escape routes. I think that there are only 3 teams that can take the Pats down in playoffs or Super Bowl. Steelers, GB and us. If we can get past GB I think we're on our way.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
bullrider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
bullrider wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

God this guy is so worried he would pay to have us gone before we see dallas Laughing Laughing Laughing

Btw we have been a top defense in every single category over the last 3 quarters of the season. Figured you would remember that since the only points dallas scored on us was on a trick play Laughing

Bottom line: You can't win if you can't score, and NY has shown that they can't score. In the last 5 games NY has averaged 16 points a game.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullrider wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
bullrider wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

Bottom line: You can't win if you can't score, and NY has shown that they can't score. In the last 5 games NY has averaged 16 points a game.

Of course we can. In 2007 we beat the Patriots 17-14 in the Super Bowl. 16 will do it.

And worried isn't the word. This dude is terrified of facing us again Laughing Absolutely terrified.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullrider wrote:

And yet they went 3-2 in those games with a win over your Boys so...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for a good game fellas. Please don't break our hearts again. Just let us have one more superbowl and you can beat us next year. Deal?

I AM GOLTHAR THE TERRIBLE, WHAT HAVE I TO FEAR FROM ROME? - Aaron Rodgers
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus1337 wrote:
Hoping for a good game fellas. Please don't break our hearts again. Just let us have one more superbowl and you can beat us next year. Deal?

I'm sure by this time next year you would renege on that deal so nah Laughing

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: