Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aj Bouye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Aj Bouye Reply with quote

Whatsup Houston fans! So I see Aj Bouye might be hitting free agency, what do you think about him? What does he excel in? Man or zone or press man? What contract will he be getting? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Aj Bouye Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
Whatsup Houston fans! So I see Aj Bouye might be hitting free agency, what do you think about him? What does he excel in? Man or zone or press man? What contract will he be getting? Thanks

he has turned into a well rounded CB. i wish we could keep him, but I think hes gonna get starting CB money from somewhere, and we already have 3 guys we have invested in.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hope is that we cut Joseph to free up some space and franchise tag Bouye, but like PD said he is going to get PAID this offseason. Dont think he can be a number 1 but he can be a solid number 2 CB. He does his best work as a nickle CB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
My hope is that we cut Joseph to free up some space and franchise tag Bouye, but like PD said he is going to get PAID this offseason. Dont think he can be a number 1 but he can be a solid number 2 CB. He does his best work as a nickle CB.

To heck with that, trade Kareem and keep JJo & pay Bouye with Kareem's $$$
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I want to go younger at the position. Jackson is 28 and Joseph 32. Make Jackson the number 1 CB until Johnson is ready to take over. Joseph is useless when all our CB's healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this guy. He has emerged as a Top 10, possibly Top 5 CB this year.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I want to go younger at the position. Jackson is 28 and Joseph 32. Make Jackson the number 1 CB until Johnson is ready to take over. Joseph is useless when all our CB's healthy.

I understand and I get that, but younger does not always mean better. I believe we have seen KJax's ceiling and his ceiling is JJo's floor. I would rather have JJo, KJo, Bouye, and two up and coming prospects (7th rd & UDFA types) to play ST while they learn from JJo. I think KJax could fetch a 4th or 5th round pick and clear up some cap room in the process. But I totally get where you are coming from.
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping Bouye has to be a major priority. In this day and age, you have to have a solid DB corps, Joseph's not getting any younger, and Johnson, while promising, still needs some development. Jackson's hit his ceiling. If we can manage it for the cap, Johnson/Bouye needs to be the future long term, and honestly I don't mind giving up one or even both of Joseph/Jackson to make sure that happens.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably should figure it out. We had the #2 pass D without getting very many sacks or INTs. That will all change next season with Watt back at 85%. Keeping the group back there together could be special

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson and JJo are both garbage.

I would dump JJO and his salary, keep jackson as our THIRD CORNER. Johnson and Bouye should start
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jackson and JJo are both garbage.

I would dump JJO and his salary, keep jackson as our THIRD CORNER. Johnson and Bouye should start

I wouldn't say garbage. Definitely better than that guy Denzel Rice we threw out there. I would hold on to J Jo until someone (maybe Robert Nelson, maybe a rookie) beats him out for that #3 spot (assuming the cap allows us to hang on to him). I think Jackson might be a better safety than he ever was a CB, and I feel like he's an very good zone CB, like when he's got help behind him he jumps throws pretty decently and tackles very well around the L.O.S. Again, until we find someone better for our #4 CB spot, I say we hang tight.

I don't think Bouye's coming back either. Remember Glover Quin? Who knows, maybe we'll learn from that, but I feel like usually if we're going to keep someone we lock them up before they ever sniff free agency. My guess is that they see him as too expensive (and they'll probably be right), and take a much more affordable bet on the DB scouts and coaches that seems to have been paying off recently (Bouye, Nelson, Hal, and I think they probably feel pretty good about Dillon and Ballentine still as well, NOT TO MENTION Terrance Mitchell who is starting and excelling for KC right now (they picked him up off our practice squad or waivers or something, but we had him all preseason he was #38 )).

Don't know much about the cap, but we're already paying some guys, and pretty soon we're gonna have to start making tough decisions with Hopkins, Clowney, Bouye, XSF, Fiedorowicz coming up. But actually, now that I think about it, our bottom of the roster churn is so effective, and we seem to be confident in it, that we might just pay everyone and keep doing these like mostly rookie teams where most of the players make peanuts.

Watched that Titans game again. Anyone see Joel Heath?! Holy [inappropriate/removed]. That guys going to be a difference maker for us in the playoffs. And all those young guys looked good. All rookies except Covington but he and Reader were late picks and Kamalu and Heath were UDFAs. That's some good got damn scouting right there. Just saying, I feel like no matter what we do with Buoye, Clowney, whoever, we're going to continue to field one of the leagues most formidable defenses, and I say that because our defensive scouts are straight killing [inappropriate/removed] lately.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a ridiculously strong CB draft. Also a great safety draft.

We have to keep Bouye. And I'm warming to the idea of drafting one in the first if they are BPA and have the rookie and KJo fight for #2 and #3 duties and transition Jackson to safety.

I know I say every off season to move Kareem back, maybe they'll do it now. I do think he can make a good safety.

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:

We have to keep Bouye. And I'm warming to the idea of drafting one in the first if they are BPA and have the rookie and KJo fight for #2 and #3 duties and transition Jackson to safety.

I know I say every off season to move Kareem back, maybe they'll do it now. I do think he can make a good safety.

I would have Joseph move to S. He is great at keeping guys in front of him and jumping routes, but his ability to stick on a man in press has diminished.

I would start Bouye and Johnson with Nelson/Jackson/someone else brought in
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:

I would have Joseph move to S. He is great at keeping guys in front of him and jumping routes, but his ability to stick on a man in press has diminished.

I don't know what voodoo is out there that can allow us to keep Bouye without cutting Joseph.

#JDI
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:

I don't know what voodoo is out there that can allow us to keep Bouye without cutting Joseph.

Franchise Bouye... work out a deal... Bouye signs deal... remove franchise tag... done...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: