You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush Sets [An Embarrassing] NFL Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
The Heisman trophy doesn't mean anything anymore.

Well considering Papi Lebatard has a vote, I don't think it means much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no idea Reggie Bush was still in the NFL. Thought no team signed him this year.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Best rushing team has a RB who sets a terrible record like this. Ironic.

Quote:
I actually didn't think of this. That's a good point. Laughing Especially considering how good they've been running the ball in general.

The funny part is, there are 11 players on the Bills who had more rushing yards, including Cardale Jones -1 yard and a 10+ rush... by the punter. Ouch.

Hey that run by Schmidt was the best thing he did all year Laughing

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
Crickett wrote:
Remember when Reggie Bush was the greatest running back prospect ever and the Houston Texans were fools to pass on this once in a lifetime player? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Laughing

I don't. He was never considered the greatest rb prospect ever.

Ya definitely was by a lot of people.

But i dont see this as embarrassing. If he ran it 30+ times ya but hes an old man who ran it 12 times. Its kinda funny but not really embarrassing.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
At least Trent Richardson was able to find his way into the backs of his offensive linemen, this is quite the achievement inachievement.

Well done, Victor Cruz Pun!!!

Ahhhh, if only I had thought of this defense, and justification, for Trent back during his travails for the Indianapolis Colts (Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, Montreal Alouettes, Ottawa Rough Riders, Terre Haute Fighting Turtles), we might have been able to extend his career another year longer, and continue the exciting debate, pro and con Trent!

I would caution you, though, as a friend and an admirer of your posts, to have a care when mentioning Trent in these parts. I apparently went a little too far in my enthusiastic support for The Sluggish One back in his heyday and drew a scream of hatred from one of his staunch fans around here. I'm not sure how lasting have been the repercussions and ramifications from that little indiscretion, but a couple of veteran posters mysteriously disappeared after that, and- I might be wrong- I think that my movements are being monitored. Strange phone calls come, and are abruptly terminated, in the night; cars drive slowly past my house at all hours. Be careful!
DutchFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:

Well done, Victor Cruz Pun!!!

Ahhhh, if only I had thought of this defense, and justification, for Trent back during his travails for the Indianapolis Colts (Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, Montreal Alouettes, Ottawa Rough Riders, Terre Haute Fighting Turtles), we might have been able to extend his career another year longer, and continue the exciting debate, pro and con Trent!

I would caution you, though, as a friend and an admirer of your posts, to have a care when mentioning Trent in these parts. I apparently went a little too far in my enthusiastic support for The Sluggish One back in his heyday and drew a scream of hatred from one of his staunch fans around here. I'm not sure how lasting have been the repercussions and ramifications from that little indiscretion, but a couple of veteran posters mysteriously disappeared after that, and- I might be wrong- I think that my movements are being monitored. Strange phone calls come, and are abruptly terminated, in the night; cars drive slowly past my house at all hours. Be careful!

I'm on the fence wether or not you're overreacting on this to be honest. Maybe you could help me by answering a few questions?

Could you clarify for me if the cars driving by are doing so in a slow manner or in a sluggish manner?

Are the cars perhaps driving up or down a field? Or maybe the name of the street has field in it?

And finally, could Trent drive to your house without ever being more then a 10 minute drive away from any fastfood restaurants?
patman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
patman wrote:
Crickett wrote:
Remember when Reggie Bush was the greatest running back prospect ever and the Houston Texans were fools to pass on this once in a lifetime player? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Laughing

But i dont see this as embarrassing. If he ran it 30+ times ya but hes an old man who ran it 12 times. Its kinda funny but not really embarrassing.

Well some people every couple of years say this guys is the best ever. I am talking about a consensus best rb. OJ was by far the highest ranked rb. Bo Jackson was 2nd. Earl Campbell was 3rd. no one who is old enough would ever have ranked Bush higher as a prospect than those three.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
patman wrote:
Crickett wrote:

Well some people every couple of years say this guys is the best ever. I am talking about a consensus best rb. OJ was by far the highest ranked rb. Bo Jackson was 2nd. Earl Campbell was 3rd. no one who is old enough would ever have ranked Bush higher as a prospect than those three.

But it still was a point in time that a vast majority of tv people were saying how he was going to be better then sanders and how he is going to be the greatest ever. Hes still had his time of being the best nfl rb prospect.

bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, he had a pretty good career. He didn't live up to the hype but, his career production was pretty good. Ironically he was a deadly threat as a receiver and pretty mediocre on the ground.

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Hey moderator, I would think you would've known better this isn't the place to post this. This isn't news. That can go in NFL general. Wentz broke the record for the most completions for a rookie in a single season, you don't see me posting that in the news. Cmon don't act like a rookie.

On the contrary, I would think you would've known better by sending me a PM regarding this; rather than to make a post in the thread. Wink

Trentwannabe wrote:
Best rushing team has a RB who sets a terrible record like this. Ironic.

I actually didn't think of this. That's a good point. Laughing Especially considering how good they've been running the ball in general.

The funny part is, there are 11 players on the Bills who had more rushing yards, including Cardale Jones -1 yard and a 10+ rush... by the punter. Ouch.

Meh, it's 12 carries. Most were positive. He had like three losses that made that the case. Miniscule sample size.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
Hey moderator, I would think you would've known better this isn't the place to post this. This isn't news. That can go in NFL general. Wentz broke the record for the most completions for a rookie in a single season, you don't see me posting that in the news. Cmon don't act like a rookie.
technically, if he did set an NFL record then it is news. Perhaps very minor news, but still technically news. Sorry that people would rather hear about this than about Wentz setting a rookie record in a year where he wasn't even close to being the best rookie QB.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
technically, if he did set an NFL record then it is news. Perhaps very minor news, but still technically news. Sorry that people would rather hear about this than about Wentz setting a rookie record in a year where he wasn't even close to being the best rookie QB.

I like you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:

Yeah I'm an Eagles fan and have been saying Wentz is the best QB prospect since Luck since before I thought we had any chance to get him, and I agree with this post. Funny, absurd records are much more interesting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's worse: this or 0-16.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I don't know what's worse: this or 0-16.

Im not sure if you are joking.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: