Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Regular season reflections. My 10 thoughts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes we really did make the playoffs.

2. Tenney did well, given a better Oline he might be alright.

3. Gase seems like our coach, I hope its not a one year wonder.

4. Mario Williams, good bye.

5. I want to see Jarvis in a Phins Jersey for many years, he officially is one of my all time favorite players.

6. We really did go 9 of 11 after starting 1-4.

7. Haters are still gonna hate us.

8. We need Linebackers, but man love for Kiko.

9. Win or lose in the playoffs, I still glad to be a Phins fan and not a Bills, Jets or Spy Gate/ Bill a cheat fan.

10. Did you see the hit Kiko, put on Colin Knealpik...

Adopt a Phins 2016 #1 pick
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Most of Maxwell's money is gtd next year. He will be gone in 2018, but will likely still be a Phin next season.

The Phins have enough holes to fill, plus some big free agency decisions to make. CB can wait until the 2018 season. I know many on here want to see major changes, but with Howard, Lippett, and McCain still growing in their roles, and with the veteran Maxwell on board, this isn't a dire need. Quddus and Jones will be back next year to shore up the back half. The real work is needed in the front 7. I don't think the front office wants to pay Jenkins, so he could walk. The same with Paysinger. Branch is going to get big money, and Williams will not be retained.

So the Phins need 2 DE's, 2 LB's, and 1 DT. That is allot of resources.

Totally agree. I would like to see us get a DE, LB, and DT in free agency. As well as an OG. Then we can focus on another DE and LB as well as a TE in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are going to think Im crazy but I think Dion Jordan will finally come through next season. I listen to VJ talk about him and his skill set, they see something him and having his college roommate (Kiko) around can only help him get his head on straight. Having said that I would definitely draft a DE but on D my focus would be LB we need TWO the only thing I want on Offense is a TE in the draft its very very deep no reason we should be able to get a good one at some point in the draft there just so many guys. That will put the Offense over the top I think.

O.J. Howard Alabama 6-6 251
Jake Butt Michigan 6-6 250
Evan Engram Mississippi 6-3 235
Jordan Leggett Clemson 6-5 260
Jeremy Sprinkle Arkansas 6-6 256
Bucky Hodges VA Tech 6-7 245
David Njoku Miami 6-4 245

Those are the tops guys but as you all know players come out of no where all the time to surprise. This draft is rich

Last edited by Daryl on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet Dion Jordan would be an upgrade over Mario Williams so I consider that spot covered.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
I would bet Dion Jordan would be an upgrade over Mario Williams so I consider that spot covered.

I think the same, there is a reason they just didn't cut him loose. They had every opportunity to do it. I am also of the opinion that we should try him at TE. Gray was a QB in college, and there have been basketball players like Jimmy Graham convert just fine. If he can't hack it at DE, put him on the other side for the offseason and see what he can do.
TheValiant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Dolphinmeister wrote:

I think the same, there is a reason they just didn't cut him loose. They had every opportunity to do it. I am also of the opinion that we should try him at TE. Gray was a QB in college, and there have been basketball players like Jimmy Graham convert just fine. If he can't hack it at DE, put him on the other side for the offseason and see what he can do.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all, he did play WR prior to entering Oregon IIRC, so the athleticism is there, though he's years removed from that. I'm still having a hard time holding faith in Dion Jordan however.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: