Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On to 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we let Djax Walk and we re-sign Garcon, should we consider signing Victor Cruz to a contract?

Cruz would be good Doctson insurance and would be a reliable #3 behind Garcon & Crowder. This year he had 39 recs, 586 yds, 15 TD avg and a TD. If he was in our offense I think he would get more targets than what he did this year for the Giants. A 15 TD average is pretty solid also, its 3 yards less than Djax but he'd still give us some ability to stretch the field.

If we signed Cruz, I'd see our receiving stats looking like this next year:

Reed: 100 recs, 1100 yds, 10 TDs
Garcon: 80 recs, 1050 yds, 6 TDs
Crowder: 75 recs, 1000 yds, 6 TDs
Thompson: 70 recs, 450 TDs, 3 TDs
Cruz: 40 recs, 600 recs, 3 TDs
Doctson: 30 recs, 350 yds, 5 TDs
Davis: 35 recs, 400 yds, 2 TDs
Harris: 10 recs, 150 TDs

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 guys I would want back for sure.

1. Cousins - I just don't want to think that we let him walk. We simply can't afford to do so especially with the Cowboys. Gaints and Eagles set in this position.

2. Chris Thompson. First time in his career he played all 16 games seems to have turn the corner on remaining healthy. If not too expensive sign him.

3. LT Ty Nsekhe super valuable as a swing tackle, love to have him back.

4. Chris Baker - He has earned it, and the last thing this team can afford is to let go of its only good to great player on DL.

5. Garcon - Love his passion, his courage and his blocking down field. He needs to remain a Redskin.

6. Djax. If possible, I would not cry a river if he goes, certainly I don't want him over Garcon.

Other players that we should try to sign to a reasonable deal, if not see you later.

TE Vernon Davis Resign to two year extension
C John Sullivan Re-sign to compete to be our starting C with Spencer Long
OLB Junior Galette re-sign to a prove it deal. he owes us.
DE Evander Hood re-sign to one or two year deal
CB Greg Toler Re-sign to the same deal
MLB Terance Garvin re-sign to the same deal
SS Duke Ihenacho re-sign to two year deal

Is 2017 the last year on Breeland's deal? See if you can extend him for cheap.

That is it.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chris Baker wants a lot of money I'm ok with letting him walk.

Adopt-a-Redskin: Bashaud Breeland
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

I'm with you, but would offer him a 1 year prove it deal with heavy incentives. He will probably walk, but if spending to much time with Trent W if he thinks he's a top 10 DL. Middle of the road at best.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Me too. I like Baker but we can find an equivalent player in FA or the draft. Baker is talented but he has times where he really looks out of shape and lazy on the field. He doesn't hustle after ball carriers much to ensure that the back or receiver is gang tackled and because he trots or walks if a play is on the other side of the field and 10 yards downfield, he misses on possible fumble recoveries. I think I've seen 3 or 4 cases where he didn't even know a ball was fumbled around him I the last 3 years because he wasn't hustling and wasn't paying attention.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we let Djax walk and sign Kenny Stills?

Stills is 24 and had 42 recs, 726 yds (17.3 avg) and 9 TDs. He'd be as close to replacing Djax as a deep threat as we could get IMO and given how much more we throw the ball than Miami, I'd envision him having 10 to 15 more receptions for another 100 to 150 more yards. He, Garcon and Crowder would make a great trio.

I think we could get Stills on a deal like Garcon signed in 2011 (5 years, $42 million) and he'd only count about $5 million towards the cap next year.

Hopefully we can get Garcon on a 4 year $20 million deal and his cap hit for next year will be $4 million.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Stills is 24 and had 42 recs, 726 yds (17.3 avg) and 9 TDs. He'd be as close to replacing Djax as a deep threat as we could get IMO and given how much more we throw the ball than Miami, I'd envision him having 10 to 15 more receptions for another 100 to 150 more yards. He, Garcon and Crowder would make a great trio.

I think we could get Stills on a deal like Garcon signed in 2011 (5 years, $42 million) and he'd only count about $5 million towards the cap next year.

Hopefully we can get Garcon on a 4 year $20 million deal and his cap hit for next year will be $4 million.

Per Keim:
Quote:
Wide receiver Pierre Garcon: He wont return if his deal is less than the $7.6 million in base salary he earned this season. Solid chance hes gone.

RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to sign 5 safeties.

Jefferson, Berry, Cyprien, Church, Swearinger, Addae, Wilcox, McDouglad, Harmon, McDonald

Take your pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:

Jefferson, Berry, Cyprien, Church, Swearinger, Addae, Wilcox, McDouglad, Harmon, McDonald

Take your pick.
Wait, you want to sign 5 safeties?

Adopt-a-Redskin: Bashaud Breeland
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Per Keim:
Quote:
Wide receiver Pierre Garcon: He wont return if his deal is less than the $7.6 million in base salary he earned this season. Solid chance hes gone.

I think Garcon is going to lower his asking price once he hits the market unless he wants to play for the some crappy team like the niners.
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:

Take your pick.

Kinda of being hyperbolic, but yes, Everett can stay I guess. The entire middle of the defense needs to be replaced unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Per Keim:
Quote:

I think Garcon is going to lower his asking price once he hits the market unless he wants to play for the some crappy team like the niners.
Agreed, he's 30 now and honestly hasn't had any great years since 2013 when he was RG3's only reliable wide receiver and hot like 130 targets or whatever! Laughing

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:

Take your pick.

Kinda of being hyperbolic, but yes, Everett can stay I guess. The entire middle of the defense needs to be replaced unfortunately.
I think there's a disconnect. You're saying you'd like to sign any of these 5 safeties, right? Not all 5 of them at one time. Mknight thinks you want to sign all 5 of them which is overkill especially when we have Cravens and Everrett already.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Per Keim:
Quote:

That's the hope! I'm not holding my breath though.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:

Take your pick.

I think there's a disconnect. You're saying you'd like to sign any of these 5 safeties, right? Not all 5 of them at one time. Mknight thinks you want to sign all 5 of them which is overkill especially when we have Cravens and Everrett already.

He's saying he wants to sign 5 safeties, which is why he listed 10...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: