You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills have 10th overall pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal Adams is a beast against the run and covering TEs he would definitely be an upgrade to Aaron Williams and be a starter day 1. I am still not sold on Jabril Peppers, watching his highlights somethings just will not correlate at the NFL level. Jamal Adams is a projected top 3-5 in the draft so I dont even know if the bills have a shot at him. Not sure about hooker going to have to do some research on him now that he is coming out.

Corey Davis is a projected 2nd rd pick and still has flaws not sure if picking him top 10 would be a smart move

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Jamal Adams is a beast against the run and covering TEs he would definitely be an upgrade to Aaron Williams and be a starter day 1. I am still not sold on Jabril Peppers, watching his highlights somethings just will not correlate at the NFL level. Jamal Adams is a projected top 3-5 in the draft so I dont even know if the bills have a shot at him. Not sure about hooker going to have to do some research on him now that he is coming out.

Corey Davis is a projected 2nd rd pick and still has flaws not sure if picking him top 10 would be a smart move

When i see Peppers i see what you are saying because there are no players like him. He is unique and that is what makes him a special player you can build a team around. He is versatile. We could put him at SS, OLB, PR, KR, or in at RB/Wildcat QB. He could do it all for a team who has lots of needs. Worst case scenerio he will be a tremendous nickle linebacker. Best case scenerio he revolutionizes the game of football with his unique talents. The only other player I see similar to him coming out was Tyrann Matheiu. I thought the honey badger wasnt gonna translate to the NFL game either because he was a unique player that wasnt like anything we have seen before. He is working out pretty good at FS. Most likely scenerio for Peppers is I see him as the SS versiom of Matheiu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is about all the positions you mention I dont want our top 10 pick being at all those positions I want him to stick with the role that is best. Tate was great in the return game and he can easily be kept for cheap. I dont want him in any wildcat position we have shady and gillislee for that if need be. I strictly want the Safety whoever it is to come in start week 1 and put a hurting on guys that are in the backfield or at the TE position especially if Bennett resigns with Pats.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The thing is about all the positions you mention I dont want our top 10 pick being at all those positions I want him to stick with the role that is best. Tate was great in the return game and he can easily be kept for cheap. I dont want him in any wildcat position we have shady and gillislee for that if need be. I strictly want the Safety whoever it is to come in start week 1 and put a hurting on guys that are in the backfield or at the TE position especially if Bennett resigns with Pats.

Tate is a good returner but he takes up an extra roster spot. If we can find a great positional player whonis also a good returner them that is great because itll open up a roster spot for a positional player.

And i agree about wanting a player to have one role. Im just saying it adds a wrinkle to the playbook if we ever decided to use him as such. Im not talking all the time but just to give defenses a different look.... and a deadly explosive one at that.

I think we all can agree that Hooker is the ball hawk safety, Peppers is the blitzing safety, and Jamal Adams somewhere in between these two. I guess its a matter on preference on what we want out of our future Safety.

And gotta keep eyes Evans, Baker, and Mayes who are all good safeties in 2nd round.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

When i see Peppers i see what you are saying because there are no http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=21222485players like him. He is unique and that is what makes him a special player you can build a team around. He is versatile. We could put him at SS, OLB, PR, KR, or in at RB/Wildcat QB. He could do it all for a team who has lots of needs. Worst case scenerio he will be a tremendous nickle linebacker. Best case scenerio he revolutionizes the game of football with his unique talents. The only other player I see similar to him coming out was Tyrann Matheiu. I thought the honey badger wasnt gonna translate to the NFL game either because he was a unique player that wasnt like anything we have seen before. He is working out pretty good at FS. Most likely scenerio for Peppers is I see him as the SS versiom of Matheiu

I just wrote a whole response just like yours I had to delete, but on the other side. While the Honey Badger is a good case of it succeeding, the player that came to mind for me was Taylor Mays, and he was too slow to play S and too small to play LB. So I think it can and can't work, that alone does not make me believe Peppers is a no-brainer prospect. I think he is a very good prospect, but I personally don't think he will light the NFL on fire.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

When i see Peppers i see what you are saying because there are no http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=21222485players like him. He is unique and that is what makes him a special player you can build a team around. He is versatile. We could put him at SS, OLB, PR, KR, or in at RB/Wildcat QB. He could do it all for a team who has lots of needs. Worst case scenerio he will be a tremendous nickle linebacker. Best case scenerio he revolutionizes the game of football with his unique talents. The only other player I see similar to him coming out was Tyrann Matheiu. I thought the honey badger wasnt gonna translate to the NFL game either because he was a unique player that wasnt like anything we have seen before. He is working out pretty good at FS. Most likely scenerio for Peppers is I see him as the SS versiom of Matheiu

I just wrote a whole response just like yours I had to delete, but on the other side. While the Honey Badger is a good case of it succeeding, the player that came to mind for me was Taylor Mays, and he was too slow to play S and too small to play LB. So I think it can and can't work, that alone does not make me believe Peppers is a no-brainer prospect. I think he is a very good prospect, but I personally don't think he will light the NFL on fire.

Difference between Mays and Peppers for me is that Peppers is definetly not too slow to play Safety. Dude is explosive. Some have even mentioned Charles Woodson when he came out... although i think this is just because both were from Michigan and both used on offensive side of ball and both were return men DBs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm switching it up a bit. Bleacher Report had us taking Watson at #10. Thoughts?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
I'm switching it up a bit. Bleacher Report had us taking Watson at #10. Thoughts?

I like Watson, but I don't like him in the first round. He might slide into the bottom of the 1st, but I wouldn't want him unless it was in the 2nd rd.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think watson is the most ready qb in this draft. Some people may not like him but I see him capable of starting right away if need be. Bills have needs but if Tyrod is gone then I would definitely want him to be the pick at 10 if he is even there. I still think the bears or niners take him early on. He has proven that he can compete and posted solid numbers against Bama last year and will face them next week, he also crapped all over the buckeyes. I just dont buy the trubisky being the top qb in this draft, he played 1 year at UNC and couldnt beat out the previous QB. Watson has thrown for 4,000 yards the last 2 years and averaged 800 yards rushing. He fits the offense the bills run with the dual threat. Obviously that may change with new coaching but if it doesnt I would be happy with them taking him at 10 if qb was a need.

On another note, i dont live in New York or northeast it seems like alot of you guys prefer Big 10 players over other conferences is it cause your a fan of them or just seem to have alot more Big 10 games on then other conferences?

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on board with using a 1st round pick for an offensive player this year. Was the offense the problem this past season? Nope. That D was a joke and it wasn't all because of the coaching. Our secondary gave up big plays mostly through the air, but they didn't wrap up in support of the running game either. That D needs to be addressed and we should have a good option or 2 at S with our #10 pick. In the 2nd round we should have a shot at another S, a CB, a T, a C, an OLB, a G, or a slight reach for a WR. Lots of good options to improve the team at that spot. In the 3rd, there should be decent options at WR, G, T, and CB with limited options at S and OLB. We have no 4th round pick and our 2 5ths are more like a 5th and a 6th. IMO, we cannot blow any of our first 3 picks or this draft will be a waste. Given where the strength is when we are picking, I'd like to see us go S in the 1st, T or CB in the 2nd, and WR or CB or maybe a G if there's a stud left in the 3rd. I'd like to think we could still somehow score a serviceable G in the 5th round though. We'll need to find whatever CB, WR, T, or G we fail to draft somewhere in FA. Even then, I still feel like a second S would help us out, so realistically, I guess I don't expect us to fill all of our holes this off-season. Is what it is.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
billzz wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
If bills traded down from 10 to late teens early 20s I would be good with Howard but not top 10. He is definitely a 1st rd player and wont last until rd 2

here Bills fans go again..

we don't need another TE, especially not bad enough to take one in the 1st round. Jake Butt just tore his ACL, taking him in the 5th and allowing him to heal to pair with O'Leary and Clay.. makes a lot more sense then drafting a TE that won't even be the best on our team in the 1st round.

Hooker if available, Peppers isn't even a constellation prize.. if not one of them, Cam Robinson would look good in Bills blue.

Lmao. Wtf is a constelllation?

I want Hooker or Peppers bad. I think Hooker ends up coming out, his value might be at an all time high.

Well, now, a constellation prize would bring an awful of stars to Buffalo- this may be a great idea!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell would anybody want Watson? We just had him on the roster in EJ.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guy you cant be serious about comparing Ej to Watson. The only thing they have in common is their color of skin.

He is mobil like Tyrod but has consistent accuracy with the ball and is much bigger then him. Both attributes EJ does not have. He has an arm and doesnt have that loft Ej has. Your also talking about a qb who has been successful at the college level who could arguably won the hesiman back to back years. His performance has been solid and you will see it displayed on the field when they face BAMA's tough defense on Monday night.

Again I will reiterate that this move would make sense only if tyrod is gone. Outside of that QB should not be in talks of 1st round

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Why the hell would anybody want Watson? We just had him on the roster in EJ.

Terrible comparison. He is more of a lesser version of Marcus Mariota. Doesnt have arm talent or speed as Mariota but play the same style.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Come on guy you cant be serious about comparing Ej to Watson. The only thing they have in common is their color of skin.

He is mobil like Tyrod but has consistent accuracy with the ball and is much bigger then him. Both attributes EJ does not have. He has an arm and doesnt have that loft Ej has. Your also talking about a qb who has been successful at the college level who could arguably won the hesiman back to back years. His performance has been solid and you will see it displayed on the field when they face BAMA's tough defense on Monday night.

Again I will reiterate that this move would make sense only if tyrod is gone. Outside of that QB should not be in talks of 1st round

You and I are not watching the same QB.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: