Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anthony Lynn is expected to hire Gus Bradley as DC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Anthony Lynn is expected to hire Gus Bradley as DC Reply with quote

It is now pretty much a forgone conclusion that Lynn is expected to get a head coaching job this cycle with the favorite being the Bills. Well Gus bradley is expected to follow where ever Anthony Lynn ends up. That just shows amount of respect Lynn has from other coaches.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newyorkupstate.com/articles/19907433/buffalo_bills_anthony_lynn_expected_to_hire_gus_bradley_if_he_becomes_coach_repo.amp?client=ms-android-verizon

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anthony Lynn is expected to hire Gus Bradley as DC Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
It is now pretty much a forgone conclusion that Lynn is expected to get a head coaching job this cycle with the favorite being the Bills. Well Gus bradley is expected to follow where ever Anthony Lynn ends up. That just shows amount of respect Lynn has from other coaches.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newyorkupstate.com/articles/19907433/buffalo_bills_anthony_lynn_expected_to_hire_gus_bradley_if_he_becomes_coach_repo.amp?client=ms-android-verizon

Ideal situation right there. All in for that.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I love the idea, as his scheme is very similar to Pettine, I can't help but think this is an agent who shares both clients getting their names out there.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Corey Davis 2: Budda Baker 3a: Duke Riley
3b: Sidney Jones 5a: Connor McDermott 5b: Nate Hairston 6: Xavier Woods 7: Jeremiah Ledbetter
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
While I love the idea, as his scheme is very similar to Pettine, I can't help but think this is an agent who shares both clients getting their names out there.

Yeah he runs a 4-3 base. I love the idea. I think it may be more than agent talk because Schefter put it out there. Wasn't a good head coach but his defenses in Jacksonville were good. He was the reason the Seahawks defense got so dominant years ago.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Yeah he runs a 4-3 base. I love the idea. I think it may be more than agent talk because Schefter put it out there. Wasn't a good head coach but his defenses in Jacksonville were good. He was the reason the Seahawks defense got so dominant years ago.

Thats what I mean though. These agents always reach out to the media and say stuff like this (true or not) to help increase the interest in their guy.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Corey Davis 2: Budda Baker 3a: Duke Riley
3b: Sidney Jones 5a: Connor McDermott 5b: Nate Hairston 6: Xavier Woods 7: Jeremiah Ledbetter
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you can't base this job off of one game but I really dont think Lynn is ready to be HC. I really think he needs some more experience at OC and learn to take on more responsibility. He could be the guy in the future but I just dont see how he is ready to take the next step.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok with this

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cdavls17"]I know you can't base this job off of one game but I really dont think Lynn is ready to be HC. I really think he needs some more experience at OC and learn to take on more responsibility. He could be the guy in the future but I just dont see how he is ready to take the next step.[/quote]

I am of the sand feeling.
The last 2 years we have drafted 3/4 players. Does this mean we start over again? Lawson was drafted as a 3/4 OLB. Where does he play. Plus we would have a glutton of ILBs.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hootlander shaq played with hand in the ground at Clemson I felt like he needed to be in a 4-3 system more then a 3-4 so he will go back to his original position. I worry about ragland as he may not be quick enough to play outside OLB but he may work well as a MLB.

Washington can be a guy on the outside or play inside depends on where they want him so i dont think scheme is going to be a huge issue if they move back to a 4-3

Ideally it would be great to stay at 3-4 however it seems like Dareus is so much better at 4-3 same with hughes

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
I know you can't base this job off of one game but I really dont think Lynn is ready to be HC. I really think he needs some more experience at OC and learn to take on more responsibility. He could be the guy in the future but I just dont see how he is ready to take the next step.

I am of the sand feeling.
The last 2 years we have drafted 3/4 players. Does this mean we start over again? Lawson was drafted as a 3/4 OLB. Where does he play. Plus we would have a glutton of ILBs.

Shaq Lawson fits in well as 4/3 DE, Adolphus Washington will play UT with us hopefully getting one more year of Kyle Williams. Reggie Ragland will be MLB.

It could work

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
hootlander shaq played with hand in the ground at Clemson I felt like he needed to be in a 4-3 system more then a 3-4 so he will go back to his original position. I worry about ragland as he may not be quick enough to play outside OLB but he may work well as a MLB.

Washington can be a guy on the outside or play inside depends on where they want him so i dont think scheme is going to be a huge issue if they move back to a 4-3

Ideally it would be great to stay at 3-4 however it seems like Dareus is so much better at 4-3 same with hughes

I think Ragland will be a fine MLB with both Browns on outside. Spikes was our MLB with Schwartz. Ragland is a more athletic faster version of Spikes.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I think Ragland will be a fine MLB with both Browns on outside. Spikes was our MLB with Schwartz. Ragland is a more athletic faster version of Spikes.

If we do go to some form of a 4-3, IMO Ragland has to go to MLB. And as you said, he's more athletic than Spikes was, so maybe he actually would be worth a damn running with TE's & HB's down/across the middle.

If we end up with Bradley or anyone else running a 4-3 Under however, Hughes will be limited to playing the LEO position as he is just too small to man the other DE spot, which ends up being staffed by more of a heavier 3-4 type of DE.

Also, if I'm an opposing OC and you have Preston Brown outside, I'm swinging a HB out of the backfield or sending the TE on an out to attack him. You'd likely eventually bring up safety help to cover Preston's deficiencies and then I'm sending that HB or TE there again and attacking deep in the one-on-one match-up behind that. What I'm saying is that I think Preston needs to be a backup in any version of the 4-3. Just not a fan of his.

Adopt a Bill:
CB Ronald Darby - 60 Tckl, 9 Ast, 0 Sck, 12 PDef, 0 Int, 0 FF, 0 TD
RB Mike Gillislee - 101 Rsh, 577 Yds, 8 TD, 39 FD, 9 Rec, 50 Yds, 1 TD, 1 FD
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

If we do go to some form of a 4-3, IMO Ragland has to go to MLB. And as you said, he's more athletic than Spikes was, so maybe he actually would be worth a damn running with TE's & HB's down/across the middle.

If we end up with Bradley or anyone else running a 4-3 Under however, Hughes will be limited to playing the LEO position as he is just too small to man the other DE spot, which ends up being staffed by more of a heavier 3-4 type of DE.

Also, if I'm an opposing OC and you have Preston Brown outside, I'm swinging a HB out of the backfield or sending the TE on an out to attack him. You'd likely eventually bring up safety help to cover Preston's deficiencies and then I'm sending that HB or TE there again and attacking deep in the one-on-one match-up behind that. What I'm saying is that I think Preston needs to be a backup in any version of the 4-3. Just not a fan of his.

Well Id Preston at SOLB... in a 4-3 the SOLB is taken out a majority of the time for a Nickel Cornerback. In fact the Nickle corner would likely see the field more than Preston the SOLB in todays NFL so i dont think itd hurt to much.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Well Id Preston at SOLB... in a 4-3 the SOLB is taken out a majority of the time for a Nickel Cornerback. In fact the Nickle corner would likely see the field more than Preston the SOLB in todays NFL so i dont think itd hurt to much.

That's actually a fair statement.

Adopt a Bill:
CB Ronald Darby - 60 Tckl, 9 Ast, 0 Sck, 12 PDef, 0 Int, 0 FF, 0 TD
RB Mike Gillislee - 101 Rsh, 577 Yds, 8 TD, 39 FD, 9 Rec, 50 Yds, 1 TD, 1 FD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: