You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kubiak retires ends tenure in Denver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Christ this forum is dramatic. He hasn't and can't even interview until next week and it's doom already.

lol I know. But it's okay if we hire Kyle Shanahan (for most of these people against Joseph) who will do the exact same thing as what is believed Joseph will do, only offensively.

None of us know what these guys will bring in interviews. This isn't like evaluating player personnel where you can actually visually watch what a guy offers.

So much more goes into being an HC that there is literally no way for a fan to make a judgement on.

This isn't '09, to even think it is is completely ludicrous. No HC is getting complete control of the organization. They can't sign, trade, or draft whoever they please. Further, Elway works closely with the HC.

Honestly, if the worry with Joseph is that he'll come in and be a dictator who controls one side of the ball then there is no way you can be for Kyle Shanahan being hired either.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious difference being the defense doesn't need an overhaul, the offense does. So yeah, more people would rightfully be okay with Shanahan completely taking over that side of the ball and would question Joseph doing the same on defense. You can't tell me they should be held to the same standard.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
The obvious difference being the defense doesn't need an overhaul, the offense does. So yeah, more people would rightfully be okay with Shanahan completely taking over that side of the ball and would question Joseph doing the same on defense. You can't tell me they should be held to the same standard.

To improve the offensive side of the ball, the Broncos would need to hire a defensive minded coach. That is how it works...it is just science.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

To improve the offensive side of the ball, the Broncos would need to hire a defensive minded coach. That is how it works...it is just science.
That's not necessarily true all the time. Sometimes you just need to make the right hire and let coaches coach. Look at the Bills, Rex Ryan ruined that defense but the offense got better.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

That's not necessarily true all the time. Sometimes you just need to make the right hire and let coaches coach. Look at the Bills, Rex Ryan ruined that defense but the offense got better.

Yeah, isn't there some crazy stat about that? That more often than not HCs hired with a specialty on one side of the football improve more on the other side during their time with the team?
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

Exactly!
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letting coaches coach is fine if we make a great hire at OC. But we continue to hear Vance's name linked to the mediocrity that is Mike McCoy, so I'm skeptical.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: