Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kubiak retires ends tenure in Denver
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Kubiak retires ends tenure in Denver Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18386784/denver-broncos-coach-gary-kubiak-likely-stepping-down
Best Xmas present I ever opened on New Year's day!

I am literarily Dancing in the street! We have been saved from multiple years of frustration, repetitive, unimaginative and uninspired offense.
The force is back with the Broncos. Hope Elway makes the right choice.
Thanks Kubes. Wish you good health and a healthy retirement. It was never personal. You just aren't the type of coach Denver needs.
Adios!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18391357/coach-gary-kubiak-tells-denver-broncos-retiring

Last edited by mke1010 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pain of missing the playoffs is suddenly gone. I will be watching the Raider game today with renewed hope and enthusiasm for next year.

Last edited by mke1010 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is one of two head coaches to have ever delivered a super bowl to the Broncos. Have a little respect.

Disgusting.

Now I'm glad he's made the wise choice and very interested to see where we go from here but anyone openly celebrating this news needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Fify.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
This guy is one of two head coaches to have ever delivered a super bowl to the Broncos. Have a little respect.

Disgusting.

Now I'm glad he's made the wise choice and very interested to see where we go from here but anyone openly celebrating this news needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Exactly what is disgusting? I wished him good health plus wished him happy retirement.
Never hid the fact I thought he was a non fit for Denver.
I have all the respect in the world for him as a a person. And I have said that. So chill.
Yes, I am still dancing in the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mke1010 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'm stunned. Not mad, not glad either. It's unfortunate for anyone to have to cut things short due to their health. I wish him the best in retirement, he has his warts as a coach but he brought a Super Bowl to Denver in the era of Bill & Brady and for that I am grateful.

Also, there isn't jack squat for coaching candidates out there so this will be a defining moment for the next decade of Broncos football. How I wish Gase lasted one year longer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Disgusting.

Dude relax. It's not people are asking for him to be beheaded in the town square.

No one out there forgets that Kubiak was the coach of the SB team, but it's undeniable that the team was different after his health scare mid-season. If it's for health reasons as speculated, I'm glad he's doing the right thing for his health and his family.

Now comes the coaching search. I hope we try something different and don't just rely on the Shanahan family to fix everything even though I think Kyle Shanahan is a bright mind

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure Kyle Shanahan is the front runner many think. Continue to be whispers Elway does not like Mike and would not want to bring him back in to the building directly or indirectly thru his son.
We'll see.
anewdawn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: blessing in disguise Reply with quote

have to admit its sad he doesn't get a crack at fixing this mess. And they did try to address the mess (OL) with the signings of Okung and Stephenson but failed miserably. Anyway I just ask that the next HC punt the ZBS!! This whole scenario of Kubs having to retire may be a blessing in disuguise. Hope Kubs and his health get on track!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial shortlist

Kyle Shanahan - Depends if we want one more crack at Shanny ball

Scott Linehan - He was a disaster with the Rams, but that was a decade ago and he will have learned a lot since then. This could be a smart hire because it would directly attack our weakest area in the offensive line.

Wade Phillips - Not my first choice by any means but if he refuses to work with another head coach then it may be better to promote him than lose him.

Todd Bowles - If he gets fired by the Jets i would bring him in as the Rooney rule interview. I think he's a potentially good coach who was dealt a bit only an unlucky deck of cards in New York.

Bill Musgrave / Jim Bob Cooter - Done great work with Carr/Stafford so could potentially do the same for Lynch.

Crazy idea - Throw the Saints a first and third for Brees and Payton and go all in again

Fify.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can throw Vance Joseph name on that list. We loved him two years ago and he's done great in Miami.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
My initial shortlist

Kyle Shanahan - Depends if we want one more crack at Shanny ball

Scott Linehan - He was a disaster with the Rams, but that was a decade ago and he will have learned a lot since then. This could be a smart hire because it would directly attack our weakest area in the offensive line.

Wade Phillips - Not my first choice by any means but if he refuses to work with another head coach then it may be better to promote him than lose him.

Todd Bowles - If he gets fired by the Jets i would bring him in as the Rooney rule interview. I think he's a potentially good coach who was dealt a bit only an unlucky deck of cards in New York.

Bill Musgrave / Jim Bob Cooter - Done great work with Carr/Stafford so could potentially do the same for Lynch.

Crazy idea - Throw the Saints a first and third for Brees and Payton and go all in again

I like the idea of Linehan, the way he built that offense up was the right way to do it, and it needs to be done here. Tony Romo went from iffy to outstanding once he got great protection... and obviously it springs Dallas run game.

No to Wade - he's just not a head coach. Much better served with an O-mind and forcing Wade on him as DC. Idk anyone who would object given the play of our defense since Wade got here. Only a fool wouldn't want to be armed with that defensive weapon. I think you question a coaches sanity who says they want to get rid of the defensive staff.

No to Bowles - I live in Jets land and he is horrible.

Payton - I think there's actually an outside shot that happens. I wouldn't mind it long as Elway still controls the personnel decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
You can throw Vance Joseph name on that list. We loved him two years ago and he's done great in Miami.

Another good one. I question whether or not we're going to want a defensive head coach though? I almost think a pre-req for the job is going to be to keep Wade and the D in tact.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:

Wade's not looking for a head coaching gig this late in his career. Just respect and more loot. I don't think we hire a defensive minded HC unless Wade leaves or retires. In that case VJ becomes a real possibility. But if Wade stays, and I don't see any HC prospect who would hv a problem retaining Wade, then I think it is a 99% chance we go with an offensive guy.

If there are no personal issues or personal issues can be sorted out, I think Kyle and Wade could work.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Another good one. I question whether or not we're going to want a defensive head coach though? I almost think a pre-req for the job is going to be to keep Wade and the D in tact.

I agree with this. I'd actually look to involve Wade from an early phase.

I'm really falling in love with the idea of Scott Linehan.

Fify.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this isn't true as I'd like to see what Kubes does in the offseason to address the OL, but if it is I hope he makes his decision quickly so as not to hamper the team moving forward.

Normally I would hate to go back to the NE well but I think Matt Patricia is going to be a hell of a coach. Teaches the game not a system. Love the way he adapts the scheme based on his personnel. Plus he's a [inappropriate/removed] rocket scientist, never hurts to have more smart people in the room.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: