Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gary Kubiak stepping down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
I think it'll come down to Vance Joseph and Kyle Shanahan. I hope Elway doesn't even consider Rex or having Wade as the HC.

Its really interesting. Denver has been his dream job, but he has a chance to hook up with his Father back in San Fran with even more power/opportunity.

Cards are all on the table for him at this point.
Broncoquake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media already has pegged Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph as the leading candidate for the job, suggesting that the hire could come quickly. Joseph, then the defensive backs coach in Cincinnati, interviewed for the Denver head-coaching job in 2015, before Kubiak was hired. Joseph has drawn rave reviews for his work in Miami this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/01/if-kubiak-goes-whats-next-for-denver/

Denver wanted him as the DC but the Bengals wouldn't let him interview for that position. The Broncos never wanted him as the HC. Rapoport has no clue what is going on with the Broncos right now and its obvious. Just hours before it came out that Kubiak was retiring, Rapoport tweeted that Kubiak was focused on coming back next season.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Dolphins fan, I have mixed feelings about Vance Joseph. He coached some great games, but some really awful ones too. Had to tell though if it was his fault or if he was doing the best he could with our atrocious secondary.

Nacho Simulation Football League
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
McDaniels and Garoppolo to Denver!

Poetry!

Hurricane McDaniels has already destroyed this franchise once---never again. Stay yourself as far away from this team is possible Josh. Go ruin somebody elses team.

This is easy. Resign Wade to a 3 year contract.
Hire Kyle Shannahan as HC

Shannahan is the offensive mind that this team needs, its almost too obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be really funny when McDaniels is a successful head coach without the specter of great QB hanging over him and a Denver realizes that Elway pushed three head coaches out in 6 years with two developing health problems and stress. Not to mention working an offense to an impossible standard then having them crack under pressure and falling apart the next two years even with very talented pieces, then doing the same thing with his defense a year later and realizing they can't keep the grind up either, and a QB ditching them for greener pastures.

Not saying he doesn't have an eye for talent. But pattern is emerging.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos just need to fix their offensive line. I don't think we need to go to deep into the philosophical problems deep within the organization, when there is something so tangible and obvious for them to work on.

Value the position more, scout it better, invest more, develop it better... idk.., but that's a pretty big weakness to have. It's amazing they overcame it to the degree that they have these last couple years. If you are not Russell Wilson, then that's going to cripple any offense.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
It's going to be really funny when McDaniels is a successful head coach without the specter of great QB hanging over him and a Denver realizes that Elway pushed three head coaches out in 6 years with two developing health problems and stress. Not to mention working an offense to an impossible standard then having them crack under pressure and falling apart the next two years even with very talented pieces, then doing the same thing with his defense a year later and realizing they can't keep the grind up either, and a QB ditching them for greener pastures.

1. Elway didn't push McDaniels out. The Broncos fired him before Elway got the job. Since you mentioned him, I assume that you are counting him in the HC's that Elway forced out (not Del Rio, who was DC).

2. If you want to point to anything for the stress issues and pressure going up, look to the arrival of #18 five years ago.

When Fox took over in 2011, he wasn't Elway's first choice (Gary Kubiak was, but he was extended by Bob McNair).

Fox took over a locker room that was poisoned by McDaniels, and changed the dynamic with his much more pleasant demeanor. However, the expectations for the team weren't very high coming off a 4-12 season.

Enter Tim Tebow.

Unorthodox as he was, the magical run that he led the team on in 2011 re-energized a fan base that was frustrated after five straight years with no playoffs.

A few months later, it would be time for another big surprise.

Enter #18. At that point, John Fox wasn't the right coach for the Broncos anymore. A slower rebuilding plan had accelerated to Super Bowl or bust virtually overnight.

Now, Elway kept Fox on for a few more years. However, he didn't do himself any favors. For example, his kneel down at the end of regulation in the 2012 playoff loss to Baltimore (when there was about 30 seconds or so left) didn't endear him to Elway, and he almost got fired after SB 48 when he didn't really have the Broncos ready to play.

A year later, Fox left for Chicago, and Kubiak (who Elway wanted from the start) was brought in.

This team won a SB, but don't get it twisted: That was Wade's championship, not Gary's. Wade's defense was able to cash the checks that were written by #18's arrival. Fox couldn't cash those checks, and Gary wouldn't have without Wade.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:

How about learning what the hell your talking about before making a ridiculous statement.

McDaniels was fired and then Elway was brought on. Josh pushed himself out by his general demeanor, team performance, and spying on the Rams practices. Elway wasn't involved.

Fox was a conservative coach who got thumped in the SB and didn't show up the next year. He left, Elway got Kubiak and won a SB. Fox had heart issues prior to joining Denver. Kubiak had health issues prior to Denver as well. Pretty disingenuous to claim John Elway is the reason for these guys preexisting conditions.

QB ditching them for greener pastures? Yeah life is really good for Brock Osweiler right now. He got benched on a playoff team again for his awful play. Brock messed up by chasing the money when he had a better gig here. If you think Denver is cut up about losing Osweiler though you're out of your mind

Thanks, Tzimisce
Broncoquake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:

You do know McDumbass was fired before Elway was brought in to save the Broncos right? Fox is the only coach Elway has pushed out and that is because Fox couldn't get the job done. Fox and Kubiak both had health problems before they even worked for Elway. You can go back to living in your little fantasy world now.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncoquake wrote:
lancerman wrote:

You do know McDumbass was fired before Elway was brought in to save the Broncos right? Fox is the only coach Elway has pushed out and that is because Fox couldn't get the job done. Fox and Kubiak both had health problems before they even worked for Elway. You can go back to living in your little fantasy world now.

No he doesn't. He is clueless

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as his play calling frustrated me at times when he was the head coach at Houston, I have nothing but respect for the guy, and glad he was able to manage to get a ring. Would have preferred it here, but hey, sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

I'm not surprised though. Given the mini-stroke he had while coaching the Texans, I figured his health was gonna catch up to him sooner or later. Wish him relaxation in retirement.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
Much as his play calling frustrated me at times when he was the head coach at Houston, I have nothing but respect for the guy, and glad he was able to manage to get a ring. Would have preferred it here, but hey, sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

I'm not surprised though. Given the mini-stroke he had while coaching the Texans, I figured his health was gonna catch up to him sooner or later. Wish him relaxation in retirement.

Classy post. This is the difference between a person with class and that other crap.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Bolts223

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elway is too smart to go near Rex or Chip Kelly.

Honestly if anybody can get Harbaugh to leave his job at Michigan and go to the NFL it is Elway. But I don't think that's happening. I would love the Chargers to get Wade Phillips back as a DC (Not head coach though).

Sean Peyton is a good option if they can keep Wade Phillips at DC. But keep him a million miles away from the defense.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:

Hater over here! Your ignorance is showing Laughing
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never wanted anything as much as I want Wade to become available. The one scenario I'd be fine keeping Payton in.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: