Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers likely to fire Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't touch the team with a 39 and a half foot pole right now. It's hard to think 3-5 years ago they were one play away from winning the Super Bowl. Young up and coming talented top 5 QB, stacked defense, stacked offensive line, and some amazing skill players like Crabtree, Gore, and Vernon Davis.

Then in one year like half of their team retired, the other half got injured like Bowman, and they lost guys like Crabtree to the Raiders, Gore to the Colts, and Davis to the Redskins. Then Kaepernick literally drove whatever "talent" he did possess right off a cliff and ruined his own career. Who knows how that happened. He went from Sports Illustrated cover and Pro Bowls, to scrub not even worthy to start over Blaine Gabbert. The fall of this team truly needs a 30 for 30 in a couple of years.

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm not a Chip fan but I just would have fired Baalke then let the new GM decide what to do with Chip. The owner firing him without having any semblance of a plan is stupid though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have fired Baalke years ago over the conflicts with Harbaugh. Harbaugh was the best thing that happened to the 49ers in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Wouldn't touch the team with a 39 and a half foot pole right now. It's hard to think 3-5 years ago they were one play away from winning the Super Bowl. Young up and coming talented top 5 QB, stacked defense, stacked offensive line, and some amazing skill players like Crabtree, Gore, and Vernon Davis.

Then in one year like half of their team retired, the other half got injured like Bowman, and they lost guys like Crabtree to the Raiders, Gore to the Colts, and Davis to the Redskins. Then Kaepernick literally drove whatever "talent" he did possess right off a cliff and ruined his own career. Who knows how that happened. He went from Sports Illustrated cover and Pro Bowls, to scrub not even worthy to start over Blaine Gabbert. The fall of this team truly needs a 30 for 30 in a couple of years.

They have a top three pick and 80 million in cap room before they cut Colin Kaepernick. Release him and they're up to 97 million. Kaepernick's salary is guaranteed for injury in 2017, sooooo they may want to put Gabbert back in today. It may be too late for that though given it's already sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
They should have fired Baalke years ago over the conflicts with Harbaugh. Harbaugh was the best thing that happened to the 49ers in a long time.

Raider fan in the bay area and I said to fire the GM back then as I thought Jimmy was the one to keep and pay well. 49ers have crumbled in recent years and need to rebuild.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Four head coaches in four years.. wow. They are Al Davis Raider Level dysfunctional right now. Who would want to sign there at the moment? They are gonna have to build through the draft for a long time.

For a lot of guys, money is still the deciding factor and they'll go to the highest bidder. And we have a lot of money.

The problem is, so do a lot of other teams. SF is in for a long couple years.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Four head coaches in four years.. wow. They are Al Davis Raider Level dysfunctional right now. Who would want to sign there at the moment? They are gonna have to build through the draft for a long time.

For a lot of guys, money is still the deciding factor and they'll go to the highest bidder. And we have a lot of money.

Because Stan Kroenke and Shad Khan dont?

Im sure theyll still get a good guy, but if you dont think a candidate sees 4 coaches in 4 years when they get hired than your crazy. I personally wouldnt be too thrilled to go to an organization with a quick trigger finger like that.

El Ramster on the sig
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 25s26 seconds ago
Adam Gase was informed he was choice as 49er coach 2 yrs ago then at last minute told Baalke pushed to go the other way, Gase was stunned
https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/815607793218523136

Just stupidity

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Crickett

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Adam Gase was informed he was choice as 49er coach 2 yrs ago then at last minute told Baalke pushed to go the other way, Gase was stunned

Just stupidity

Gase should be thanking his lucky stars he didn't go. He has turned the Dolphins around and given how quiet the 49ers were in free agency last year, it would have cut the legs out from him as an NFL head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Forge Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

Because Stan Kroenke and Shad Khan dont?

Im sure theyll still get a good guy, but if you dont think a candidate sees 4 coaches in 4 years when they get hired than your crazy. I personally wouldnt be too thrilled to go to an organization with a quick trigger finger like that.

The jags have also signed quite a few free agents despite being a mess as well. Kind of proves my point -players will still come

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

The problem is, so do a lot of other teams. SF is in for a long couple years.

Oh absolutely. And we definitely aren't going to be able to land all the free agents we want - guys will still have options and when you have options and similar wages, we will always lose out. I was more or less speaking to the idea that nobody would ever want to play here. It's a bit of hyperbole to say that - too many guys still are going to go where the money is. Players will come here. Sure, it may be due to massive overpaying, or perhaps that they have no other real offers out there besides one year minor deals and we give them something more, but players will still come.

The only ones we won't be able to get are the ones who have a choice and similar contract offers Laughing

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

Just stupidity

The rumor was that Gase wouldn't take on certain coaches that the 49er front office wanted to retain - specifically, the rumor was that they wanted him to keep Jim Tomsula as the DC. When Gase wouldn't do it, we just ended up with Tomsula.

I can understand that they wanted to keep Tomsula - apparently he was their in on the coaching staff, and quite frankly, he was a very good coach (positional coach), but that was crossing a whole lot of lines and Gase should consider himself lucky.

Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Yeah I'm not a Chip fan but I just would have fired Baalke then let the new GM decide what to do with Chip. The owner firing him without having any semblance of a plan is stupid though.

I'm a Chip fan, but I think all that would've lead to is big issues with a GM/HC mismatch. I think Chip either needs to be hired under someone that wants him there, and gets along with him, or he needs to be allowed into the room when they're talking about/to personal guys and actually have a say in who it is going to be. I think he's taken 2 of the worst jobs you can imagine in terms of ownership with no patience for him to put a team together.

I still think Chip will be a very good HC if he gets the chance to do things his way for a few years, with a team that doesn't expect immediate results, or with a team that's fairly well built to what he wants to start.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baalke torpedoed that 49ers roster that McCloughan and Nolan built. Hard to blame this year's lack of success on Chip.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chip will be Billicheck's OC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: