Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers likely to fire Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty to wait until all the big college jobs were gone. Every college coach not named Saban, Meyer, Swinney, and Peterson just got nervous.
eagles512

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say this is bad a move because he only had one year, but I can't

That 49ers team was worse than the Browns
Starless

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

This would be the perfect situation for Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio tbh.

Why? Just honestly why? It's a terrible ownership situation combined with an awful roster. Most of the talent is gone. McDaniels taking that job would tell me he learned nothing from Belichick - he of the NYJ's napkin resignation.
It's not OBJECTIVELY perfect, but knowing Josh, he'll want an opportunity to put his stamp on things and in SF he'd basically have a blank slate to do with as he pleases.

Belichick's napkin resignation was a unique moment. He'd personally had bad dealings with Woody Johnson to prompt that.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles512 wrote:
I want to say this is bad a move because he only had one year, but I can't

That 49ers team was worse than the Browns

I think it was the right move but at the same time it kinda sucks for Chip because there was no way he was winning until that roster was rebuilt.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this make the 2017 49ers the first team ever to have four different head coaches in four successive years?

I think Chip Kelly is a terrible head coach, they should never have hired him in the first place, but whoever they tab as their next guy they absolutely need to commit to giving him time to turn the team around. Their roster needs a complete overhaul and they might well be a 4-12 team next year but they need to pick their guy and stick with him. 3 seasons minimum.

Fify.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Jeff Fisher.....come on down.

LOL.

For some reason that sounds about right.

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four head coaches in four years.. wow. They are Al Davis Raider Level dysfunctional right now. Who would want to sign there at the moment? They are gonna have to build through the draft for a long time.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes. Shows how much of a plan they had last season. Big waste of time. They should have canned tomsula/kap/balke after last year. Just wasted chips time.

But its the right move(a year too late but still). They desperately needed to press the reset button. This is a great job for a gm to come in and build this team up. They have great cap space/high draft picks. Jed needs to hire the right guy and give him time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Four head coaches in four years.. wow. They are Al Davis Raider Level dysfunctional right now. Who would want to sign there at the moment? They are gonna have to build through the draft for a long time.

For a lot of guys, money is still the deciding factor and they'll go to the highest bidder. And we have a lot of money.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:

It wasnt till year 4 that the raiders started showing big signs of beign a really good team..... And they were a far worse mess to clean up than the 9ers are right now. Jed needs to hire the right guy and give hime time....stuff turns pretty quick in this league....but you can also stay in crap for much longer if your owner has a quick trigger finger or if you hire an idiot gm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

For a lot of guys, money is still the deciding factor and they'll go to the highest bidder. And we have a lot of money.

And dropping dolla dolla bills in free agency aint a good way to build for the long haul...draft well, save cash for the core guys, and when youre team is ready to compete for something meaningful, drop the bills...in the mean time, go thrift shopping.

_________

I wonder if josh mcdaniels is going to get much interest...... im sure denver fans still taste that ish in their mouths Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

And dropping dolla dolla bills in free agency aint a good way to build for the long haul...draft well, save cash for the core guys, and when youre team is ready to compete for something meaningful, drop the bills...in the mean time, go thrift shopping.

_________

I wonder if josh mcdaniels is going to get much interest...... im sure denver fans still taste that ish in their mouths Laughing

Not trying to build for the long haul in free agency- sometimes it's just about getting competitive. Once you're competitive, hopefully there's some stability, then you don't have to quite pay as much. We had to do the same pre-harbaugh. Guys like Justin Smith, Nate Clements and several others were handsomely overpaid at the time. But we got somewhat respectable...and then took the next step without free agency.

We have so many holes that this is going to be a multi year rebuild. By the time we are there, most of the contracts we would give out this year (perhaps even next) could be cut out with minimal damage at that time.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
It's the right move. But back to back one-and-dones with HCs does reflect poorly on that organization. If I'm a HC, I'm telling them that I'm not interested in the job if Jed York is involved in football decisions.

Yeah it looks bad. But if your having doubts about whether your HC is right for the team then it's time to go. Limit the damage and start over.

He's done less with more talent than Tomsula did last year. If Tomsula was fireable after last year, Kelly certainly was after this disaster of a season.

Speaking of Coach Tomfoolery, I wonder if this makes him look like a decent coach considering how badly they bombed with Chip.

I'm surprised to see he's not coaching for anyone right now. Guessing he'll jump back in next season?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Forge wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
It's the right move. But back to back one-and-dones with HCs does reflect poorly on that organization. If I'm a HC, I'm telling them that I'm not interested in the job if Jed York is involved in football decisions.

Yeah it looks bad. But if your having doubts about whether your HC is right for the team then it's time to go. Limit the damage and start over.

He's done less with more talent than Tomsula did last year. If Tomsula was fireable after last year, Kelly certainly was after this disaster of a season.

Speaking of Coach Tomfoolery, I wonder if this makes him look like a decent coach considering how badly they bombed with Chip.

I'm surprised to see he's not coaching for anyone right now. Guessing he'll jump back in next season?

Yeah, I'm assuming that it was something he decided to do...live off the guaranteed HC salary and take a year off. He's an amazing defensive line coach, so I can't imagine that he couldn't find a job doing that again if he wanted to look.

PapaShogun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Last year's team was worse. Ranked dead last in DVOA. A 5-11 record is misleading. 49ers were clearly the worst team in the NFL with Tomsula. We have a more limited team this year with injuries that have mounted up. From the eyeball test it felt like Chip was doing the best with what he was given. Tomsula had no idea what he was doing or talking about. Even in the post game pressers he seemed lost. Kelly doesn't seem lost. The cards in his hand are just doo doo.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: