FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

2017 Offseason: Rejected by a hobo, we hire John Lynch as GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Why does everyone seen to forget Josh McDaniels stint as OC in St.Louis? The Rams offense was doo doo. Not saying that means McDaniels will suck moving forward, but strangely that is never brought up. As if it never happened. Odd.

It is fair bring that up. You could say he hasn't proven anything without Brady, but the way he game plans for opposing defenses is awesome. Look at the different ways the Pats offense attacks depending on the match up. The offense with Jimmy Garoppolo looked good too, granted it was an extremely small sample size.

El ramster on the sig
AMG1713

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because I never want to let go, but... from the Barrows chat earlier

Quote:

MattB_49
No HC love for Vic Fangio in this cycle. Think he'd be interested in being a DC in SF if it's the right fit.

Ed Donatel used to work on Josh McDaniels Denver staff. Wonder if there would be a way we could finagle them away from Chicago, considering there were supposed rumors of friction between Fangio and Fox.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Why does everyone seen to forget Josh McDaniels stint as OC in St.Louis? The Rams offense was doo doo. Not saying that means McDaniels will suck moving forward, but strangely that is never brought up. As if it never happened. Odd.

Look at the team they had, they started a young Sam Bradford, A.J. Feely, and Kellen Clemons. The only real player they had was Steven Jackson. I'm not saying we have a better situation, but definitely something to keep in mind. I also think our defense is in a much better situation than theirs was back then. I'm not saying that we should disregard that season all together, but that was a BAD Rams team that didn't have much of anything going their way.

True. Too bad that rationale didn't work for Chip.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
just because I never want to let go, but... from the Barrows chat earlier

Quote:

MattB_49
No HC love for Vic Fangio in this cycle. Think he'd be interested in being a DC in SF if it's the right fit.

Ed Donatel used to work on Josh McDaniels Denver staff. Wonder if there would be a way we could finagle them away from Chicago, considering there were supposed rumors of friction between Fangio and Fox.

Yep, that's why I brought it up in the Phillips thread.

He also thinks Caserio could still be a candidate.

El ramster on the sig
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:

Anyone who stands next to BB (coaches, backup QB's, etc) on that sideline is put on a pedestal. Maybe he's improved as a coach but any Patriots coach will be lauded as a good hire

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Anyone who stands next to BB (coaches, backup QB's, etc) on that sideline is put on a pedestal. Maybe he's improved as a coach but any Patriots coach will be lauded as a good hire

Who do you want as our HC?

El ramster on the sig
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Who do you want as our HC?

Dave Toub

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pass on Toub.

El ramster on the sig
757-NINER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I was all for due diligence from Jed to begin with. But with Joseph now in Denver and Phillips possibly becoming available, as a DC AND McVay having his second interview with the Rams, I seriously get the feeling were going to be too late and lose out on both as potential coaches. I think he needs to pounce on McVay and sell him on being able to work with either Wolf or Gutekunst. McVay has ties with Phillips so he could possibly bring him in as DC. That would be the start to a helluva of a rebuild. I think we'll regret it if we let McVay go to LA. Despite his age, I think he's going to give some team a solid HC, who will only improve as he gains experience.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips would probably want to go to a better situation than this one. But I'd love to have him.

McVay may turn out to be great, but man that's a big risk for now. Barrows thinks he has the "it" factor but may be one that is much better the second time around.

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Phillips would probably want to go to a better situation than this one. But I'd love to have him.

McVay may turn out to be great, but man that's a big risk for now. Barrows thinks he has the "it" factor but may be one that is much better the second time around.

I said I liked him when we first lined up the interviews, and defended him a bit, but I agree with you...man, that's a risk. I will say that everything I have heard about him as been overwhelmingly positive. He crushed his interviews. Pedigree. As you said, Barrows said he had the "it" factor. The Washington forum is high on him as well. People say he's an insane worker...first in, last out type of guy. .

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
757-NINER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I said I liked him when we first lined up the interviews, and defended him a bit, but I agree with you...man, that's a risk. I will say that everything I have heard about him as been overwhelmingly positive. He crushed his interviews. Pedigree. As you said, Barrows said he had the "it" factor. The Washington forum is high on him as well. People say he's an insane worker...first in, last out type of guy. .

One thing about him I really like is he that he had that Skins offense clicking with Cousins at QB. And I don't think highly of Cousins at all. That's the slight edge I give him over McDaniels. McDaniels has arguably one of the greatest QBs of all time. Certified HOF. McVay had Kurt freakin Cousins at the helm, lost their top rusher from the previous 4 years in Alfred Morris and still had the 3rd ranked offense. I think that says alot him and his offensive prowless.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree McVay does seem like a tempting hire with the work he's done in Washington and the glowing reports about who is as a person, throw in that Phillips may be is DC and he becomes awfully tempting. Who knows maybe he walks away from that second interview still not signed and we get another with him.

I'd still be more than ok with a possible Shannahan/Morris combo as well as McDaniels and whoever he brings in at DC but regardless the feel 100% better about our coaching staff and FO with either one of these 3 guys at HC and any of the guys we've interviewed over Baalke at GM
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
I agree McVay does seem like a tempting hire with the work he's done in Washington and the glowing reports about who is as a person, throw in that Phillips may be is DC and he becomes awfully tempting. Who knows maybe he walks away from that second interview still not signed and we get another with him.

I'd still be more than ok with a possible Shannahan/Morris combo as well as McDaniels and whoever he brings in at DC but regardless the feel 100% better about our coaching staff and FO with either one of these 3 guys at HC and any of the guys we've interviewed over Baalke at GM

To be honest, I haven't heard (serious) reports of anything that isn't a total upgrade from what we had in 2015 and 2016. So, no matter what, we're getting closer to the solution.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:

To be honest, I haven't heard (serious) reports of anything that isn't a total upgrade from what we had in 2015 and 2016. So, no matter what, we're getting closer to the solution.

Exactlty, +1. However this turns out we'll be sitting in a better situation than we've been in the previous couple of years. Being patient to let it all unfold is going to be the hardest part now.

Chargers getting their second interview with Lynn, as well as the Rams.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 48 of 100

Jump to: