Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OLB Ryan Anderson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson will be a solid 2nd round pick. He is hurt in that the EDGE players are so deep this year. In a normal year, he could sneak into the 1st.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Anderson will be a solid 2nd round pick. He is hurt in that the EDGE players are so deep this year. In a normal year, he could sneak into the 1st.

good year to be drafting Edge, works in our favour doesn't it?
mwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a helluva Championship game
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson was terrific in that game. Missed a sack though by trying to strip the ball but he was a beast.

Someone tell Martavis Bryant to celebrate the Clemson win the smart way so he doesn't get suspended again.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Big Ben sig
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't count on him being there late in the 2nd. I'd have no qualms with "reaching" for him in the 1st if a trade down wasn't possible.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
I wouldn't count on him being there late in the 2nd. I'd have no qualms with "reaching" for him in the 1st if a trade down wasn't possible.

Yes. If he's there in the 1st and there's no incredible value on a ballhawk in the secondary (CB or FS) or BPA like a DeCastro situation where someone falls we never expected, I think he's worth a 1st.

He showcased his ability to rush the passer, stack and shed blockers in the run game, and created turnovers. From the handful of games I watched of Bama this year, Anderson jumped off the screen more than Williams ever did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Yes. If he's there in the 1st and there's no incredible value on a ballhawk in the secondary (CB or FS) or BPA like a DeCastro situation where someone falls we never expected, I think he's worth a 1st.

He showcased his ability to rush the passer, stack and shed blockers in the run game, and created turnovers. From the handful of games I watched of Bama this year, Anderson jumped off the screen more than Williams ever did.

David DeCastro situation? OG was one of our biggest needs that year.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

I think he means that DD was supposed to go waaayyy higher than where we snagged him.

GaTechRavens wrote:
Let's not be blinded by a flashy stat without taking a deep look at the context behind it.
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one year more than most, where I want a trade down to the high second.

If we can get a 2, 4, 2018 2 for our 1st and nab Ryan Anderson in the high second I would be ecstatic.

Unfortunately that's not the MO of this team.
waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

I think he means that DD was supposed to go waaayyy higher than where we snagged him.

Thank you Stillersenat....that is what I meant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with Anderson at all. But his lack of explosion and footwork right now prevent him from being a 1st rounder. But he is a solid 2nd rounder...45-50 range. He will be downgraded just like former Steeler " Levon Kirkland " was when he was drafted. A total 1st round Football talent that fell because of a lack of Physical traits..Height...Weight, ect. When they should have been concentrating on Kirkland's GREAT Aggressive football instincts and tenacity.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:
Nothing wrong with Anderson at all. But his lack of explosion and footwork right now prevent him from being a 1st rounder. But he is a solid 2nd rounder...45-50 range. He will be downgraded just like former Steeler " Levon Kirkland " was when he was drafted. A total 1st round Football talent that fell because of a lack of Physical traits..Height...Weight, ect. When they should have been concentrating on Kirkland's GREAT Aggressive football instincts and tenacity.

Exactly. In a draft that is amazingly deep in EDGE rushers, Anderson will fall into the 2nd round. I would not make another Jarvis Jones mistake with a 1st rounder. I like Anderson. I do not like Anderson in the 1st.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bell ringer wrote:

That might very well be the case. I'm a guy you values film, impact plays, production more than most these days (as opposed to NFL big wigs). I watch Anderson last night rush the passer standing up and with his hand in the dirt and he was far more explosive and productive when standing up. I love his versatility, moving around and rushing the passer from all different angles and sides.

Interesting you brought up measurables though. I was just thinking last night during the game our last 3 first rounders have tested out fairly well: Shazier, Dupree, & Burns. Makes me wonder if that "the numbers" will take Anderson out of consideration for an early pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Anderson. However to be honest, my first choice is UCLA Takkarist McKinley. He is a beast. Gets doubled constantly and still produces. He so much reminds me of James Harrison and Dupree.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:

Interesting you brought up measurables though. I was just thinking last night during the game our last 3 first rounders have tested out fairly well: Shazier, Dupree, & Burns. Makes me wonder if that "the numbers" will take Anderson out of consideration for an early pick.

Jones looked good on tape and had no measurables. You can not teach quick twitch. For an EDGE rusher, I would err to explosive athletes. While there are some explosive athletes that have failed as EDGE rushers there are no non-explosive athletes that have succeeded.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: