Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OLB Ryan Anderson
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: OLB Ryan Anderson Reply with quote

I'm a massive fan.

We hear a lot about his teammate T.Williams and other pass rushers like D. Barnett, T.McKinley, C.Harris, C.Lawson (M.Garrett will go top 3, so I'm leaving him out of this), but I think Anderson will be the best pro of the bunch.

He's versatile, destructive and hard as nails.

I think regardless of how he tests, he's going to be the leader of an NFL D for many years.
If Pittsburgh can get him in RD 1, I'd be very happy. If we can get him in RD 2, I'd be ecstatic.

A perfect draft (again, my opinion) would be Foster at ILB in RD 1, and Anderson at OLB in RD 2, because I think it would both revitalize and cement our LB'ing core for many years to come, but I don't think either is likely to be there when we pick.

Might have to get Anderson in RD 1.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OLB Ryan Anderson Reply with quote

mwalker wrote:
I'm a massive fan.

We hear a lot about his teammate T.Williams and other pass rushers like D. Barnett, T.McKinley, C.Harris, C.Lawson (M.Garrett will go top 3, so I'm leaving him out of this), but I think Anderson will be the best pro of the bunch.

I think regardless of how he tests, he's going to be the leader of an NFL D for many years.
If Pittsburgh can get him in RD 1, I'd be very happy. If we can get him in RD 2, I'd be ecstatic.

A perfect draft (again, my opinion) would be Foster at ILB in RD 1, and Anderson at OLB in RD 2, because I think it would both revitalize and cement our LB'ing core for many years to come, but I don't think either is likely to be there when we pick.

Yes sir. I echo your every word. Love his overall game!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: OLB Ryan Anderson Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
mwalker wrote:
I'm a massive fan.

I think Anderson is one of the few prospects you and I are 100% on the same page on.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: OLB Ryan Anderson Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
mwalker wrote:
I'm a massive fan.

I think Anderson is one of the few prospects you and I are 100% on the same page on.

Lol I can respect that.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting for this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOGnUSMe1c

Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a violent player. You gotta love it. Let's get some Nasty back on that side of the ball!

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Such a violent player. You gotta love it. Let's get some Nasty back on that side of the ball!

His closing speed looks good also. I love his strong hands and how he shocks the OL. Will be super pissed if he ends up being a Raven. Damn Ozzie!

Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

His closing speed looks good also. I love his strong hands and how he shocks the OL. Will be super pissed if he ends up being a Raven. Damn Ozzie!

He looks a little short and squatty but is listed at 6'2". Perhaps it's because he's 250+. He does show good pursuit and quickness. Any guess as to why he's being rated borderline Rd 1 and 2? Lack of athleticism?

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
mwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

He looks a little short and squatty but is listed at 6'2". Perhaps it's because he's 250+. He does show good pursuit and quickness. Any guess as to why he's being rated borderline Rd 1 and 2? Lack of athleticism?

I think it's because he doesn't 'flash' and doesn't have huge sack totals. He won't test as well as some maybe, but he's a damn fine football player. I bet he's a better pro than most picked before him.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

what if we draft Ejuan Price a round or two later, similar player or not?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color me interested.

When looking at pass rushers in this class; I am not comfortable with almost any of them. I don't see anybody that offer something different from Dupree, per se. We need the kind of player who can at least offer what Harrison does in term of pass-rushing, run-stuffing, and intelligence. Ryan Anderson played at LOLB this year but I do see him succeed against the left tackles due to his skillset.

Much better athletic and more violent than Jarvis Jones IMO

I love the pop and how he used his core to beat the offensive lineman. This kind of skillset will wear down offensive linemen very fast.
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Size. Doesn't have extremely long arms. I liken him to Harrison/Doom. He's going to beat him through ankle bend, violent hands, and power.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Color me interested.

When looking at pass rushers in this class; I am not comfortable with almost any of them. I don't see anybody that offer something different from Dupree, per se. We need the kind of player who can at least offer what Harrison does in term of pass-rushing, run-stuffing, and intelligence. Ryan Anderson played at LOLB this year but I do see him succeed against the left tackles due to his skillset.

Much better athletic and more violent than Jarvis Jones IMO

I love the pop and how he used his core to beat the offensive lineman. This kind of skillset will wear down offensive linemen very fast.

Exactly. He isn't beating the OL with quickness but combination of quickness, power, hands and technique. He does have a DV that was dismissed. His style is similar to Tamba Hali also.

3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad his effort wasn't like Lloyd or Harrison. He doesn't go until the whistle like I would expect, but not many do anymore anyways, part of the evolution of the game. Rolling Eyes

What round will Anderson be drafted in? Most likely a RD1 pick?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
too bad his effort wasn't like Lloyd or Harrison. He doesn't go until the whistle like I would expect, but not many do anymore anyways, part of the evolution of the game. Rolling Eyes

What round will Anderson be drafted in? Most likely a RD1 pick?

Doesn't play to the whistle? Dude you are way off. As to what round, he is projected from 1st-3rd. Many analysts just "give" a grade without any film work. Then one likes him and all of a sudden he is a "riser" or "his stock is soaring ". Typical mainstream BS smh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: