You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Nats Park isnt necessarily a hitter's ballpark so
Yeah, typical Chris Russell where he tries to make a point no one else is making or a new angle but doesn't realize the other side of it.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The fan base is seeing the best team basketball played in DC since the 70s, they're excited with that, who wouldn't be?

It's a mirage.

Does anyone think (barring substantial injuries) that the Wizards could take down Cleveland or Boston, much less Golden State? If not, they are what they are: a team that is capped at the second round of the playoffs. A good team, but a team with next to no chance of hoisting the trophy.

Celebrate if you want, but it's just going to end in disappointment.

Quote:
Sure everyone wants more and wants a championship but I don't think most hate the team that's constructed right now. They can always trade Porter and others if an opportunity opens up to get a 3rd star or a super star - not likely but the option is there.

He's not being traded since it is doubtful they can get the equivalent in salary back from Porter's new deal.

Quote:
If Wall doesn't sign an extension in DC, whomever signs him is also going to be a contender and will probably have to do a sign and trade with us.

That assumes Wall wants max money. If he wants a ring, he might go to a contender for less than max.

Quote:
They'll have to unload a good or great player and other players/picks to make cap room for Wall. The wiz will lose a great player yes, but they'll get some players back in return that will still help them be a good team and probably a team equal to what they are now.

Or they could end up with nothing.

Quote:
I use the New Orleans Pelicans example because I think eventually Wall & Cousins will work out a way to play together, probably in DC or New Orleans. If Wall leaves for New Orleans so the Pelicans can have Wall, Davis & Cousins, they will have to trade back someone like Jrue Holiday - their good PG - in return. Put Holiday and another player/players/picks with Beal, Porter, Morris etc and they'll still be a playoff team.

Team I would watch vis a vis Wall: San Antonio. Parker's long in the tooth, Mills is a career backup, and Murray's a big question mark.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
"I have a secret to tell / From my electrical well ..."

I think you folks will like it, but until then ... muahahahaha ... my secret my PRECIOUS!

A couple of people have found out ... but still ... it's mostly a secret ... heeheehee Very Happy Laughing
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Woz wrote:

I think you folks will like it, but until then ... muahahahaha ... my secret my PRECIOUS!

A couple of people have found out ... but still ... it's mostly a secret ... heeheehee Very Happy Laughing
Are you talking about that thing, that's like this thing, but is the newer thing?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Woz wrote:

Are you talking about that thing, that's like this thing, but is the newer thing?

It's that thing.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Woz wrote:

It's that thing.

Oh, I had the wrong thing in mind.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wizards would trade for mutilple players from another team to make the money work with any other team, and if it's Wall they're trading and not Porter they'll probably get a 1st round draft pick back as well. I hope it diesnt happen, but it may.

Woz, I still think that Porter will have a career year like he did last year and the year before that when he became the starter and you've doubted him every year. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Porter once again score another basket or two a game next year as he did the previous season and score 16 to 18 ppg this year and everyone will be satisfied with their top 4 players.

Beal 24-25 ppg, Wall 24-25 ppg, Porter 14-17 ppg, Morris 14-17 ppg, Gortat 11-13 ppg, Meeks 8-9 ppg, Oubre 8-9 ppg, Scott 6-8 ppg, Frazier 6-8 ppg, Smith 6-7 ppg, Mahinmi 5-7 ppg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The fan base is seeing the best team basketball played in DC since the 70s, they're excited with that, who wouldn't be?

It's a mirage.

Does anyone think (barring substantial injuries) that the Wizards could take down Cleveland or Boston, much less Golden State? If not, they are what they are: a team that is capped at the second round of the playoffs. A good team, but a team with next to no chance of hoisting the trophy.

Celebrate if you want, but it's just going to end in disappointment.

Quote:
Sure everyone wants more and wants a championship but I don't think most hate the team that's constructed right now. They can always trade Porter and others if an opportunity opens up to get a 3rd star or a super star - not likely but the option is there.

He's not being traded since it is doubtful they can get the equivalent in salary back from Porter's new deal.

Quote:
If Wall doesn't sign an extension in DC, whomever signs him is also going to be a contender and will probably have to do a sign and trade with us.

That assumes Wall wants max money. If he wants a ring, he might go to a contender for less than max.

Quote:
They'll have to unload a good or great player and other players/picks to make cap room for Wall. The wiz will lose a great player yes, but they'll get some players back in return that will still help them be a good team and probably a team equal to what they are now.

Or they could end up with nothing.

Quote:
I use the New Orleans Pelicans example because I think eventually Wall & Cousins will work out a way to play together, probably in DC or New Orleans. If Wall leaves for New Orleans so the Pelicans can have Wall, Davis & Cousins, they will have to trade back someone like Jrue Holiday - their good PG - in return. Put Holiday and another player/players/picks with Beal, Porter, Morris etc and they'll still be a playoff team.

Team I would watch vis a vis Wall: San Antonio. Parker's long in the tooth, Mills is a career backup, and Murray's a big question mark.
Wall wants to play with his Kentucky buddies. I think it will either be here in D.C. or they'll all go somewhere where they can play together. That's why I said New Orleans because if he goes there they'd have 3 of them and they could sign a 4th also if they could get Eric Bledsoe next year also.

I'm frankly not that disappointed that the Wizards haven't won a finals or been to a finals with Wall & Beal yet. They're young and have years ahead of them while most of Cle's core is older and Lebron is probably going to leave when he can for LA and Boston's core is older than our core also. They may not get past either in the next few years but I think eventually they will when those teams are too old. I'm excited about their future and even if they don't get to the finals or win one I won't be that disappointed.

Both Beal & Porter are only 24, Oubre is only 21. Wall and Morris are only going to be 27 & 28 in September. The only other team I can think of that has a core that young is Philadelphia and who knows if they'll develop into good players in their prime or not, it looks like they will but they're an unknown.

We'd all give anything for the Redskins to be as good and consistent as the wizards each year so I really don't get your attitude towards them. We should be applauding that, not hating on them because they MAY not win a championship next year or the year after, at least like the Capitals and the Nationals they'll be in the conversation at the end of the year and that's a hell of a lot better than what they were for my entire lifetime until 4 years ago.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪James Hardy's death ruled a suicide. Sad I remember him being one of the WRs skins fans debated drafting in 08.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/19/james-hardys-death-ruled-a-suicide/

Quote:
Allen County Coronerís Office chief investigator Michael Burris announced on Wednesday, via ESPN.com, that the office has ruled that Hardy drowned and that his death has been ruled a suicide.

The ruling was made based on evidence found on Hardyís body as well as his psychiatric history. Hardy was committed to a mental health facility in 2014 after being found not competent to stand trial for resisting arrest during a confrontation with law enforcement.

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington dead at 41. Apparent suicide. Sad

http://cnn.it/2ue0ZBg‬

Quote:
From the CNN article:

Bennington was open about his troubled life, including an introduction to smoking pot after his parents divorced when he was 11, which escalated to cocaine and methamphetamine use.

He also suffered sexual abuse as a child, he said.

"When I was young, getting beaten up and pretty much raped was no fun," he told The Guardian in 2011. "No one wants that to happen to you and honestly, I don't remember when it started."

Spotting a photo of himself as a child at his mother's house from around the time of the abuse brought it all back, Bennington recalled.

"I remember that stuff happening to me at that stage and even thinking about it now makes me want to cry," he said. "My God, no wonder I became a drug addict. No wonder I just went completely insane for a little while."

Sad

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/07/20/the-nfl-never-wanted-to-be-the-no-fun-league-it-just-happened-that-way-until-now/?utm_term=.00fdd67db458&wpisrc=nl_break&wpmm=1

The NFL never wanted to the the no fun league, it just happened that way until now.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪Report: Kyrie Irving requested Cavs trade him, no longer wants to play with LeBron

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyrie-irving-requested-cavs-trade-no-longer-wants-play-lebron-195055656.html‬

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪Fight could be looming over possible three-time franchise tag limit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/21/fight-could-be-looming-over-possible-three-time-franchise-tag-limit/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wall agrees to four-year, $170 million contract extension with Wizards

https://usat.ly/2uRvn7K

Who wouldn't? Laughing wow Shocked

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Sullinger is coming back from back & foot injuries. He's playing in the Super16 tourn on ESPN & Balling! TheWizards need to work him out in holes he can be a back up PF/C, he's been nailing 3's and scoring at will. He looks great.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: