You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you react if the Redskins were the Patriots but couldn't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs for 7+ straight years? You'd be an insufferable baby too.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
How would you react if the Redskins were the Patriots but couldn't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs for 7+ straight years? You'd be an insufferable baby too.

I would kill for the Redskins to lose in the playoffs every year. I would kill for the redskins to have the best record multiple times and an exciting team to put on the field every year. The Caps aren't an embarrassment regardless of what caps fans think and they're in it every year. It will happen eventually because the team is still loaded with talent. Hell, they might win it all next year. So yeah, they're an insufferable bunch of ungrateful crybabies. I'm so tired of fans saying they're done with them. Get over yourselves.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/key-celtics-wizards-series-isnt-think-061341966.html

Quote:
Boston took a 3-2 series lead Wednesday because of an important group: The role players. Washington will need the same contributions if it wants to keep its season alive in Game 6.

Last night turned into the worst sports night in D.C. History when the media coaches it as the biggest!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

I would kill for the Redskins to lose in the playoffs every year. I would kill for the redskins to have the best record multiple times and an exciting team to put on the field every year. The Caps aren't an embarrassment regardless of what caps fans think and they're in it every year. It will happen eventually because the team is still loaded with talent. Hell, they might win it all next year. So yeah, they're an insufferable bunch of ungrateful crybabies. I'm so tired of fans saying they're done with them. Get over yourselves.
Caps are probably going to lose Oshie, Alzner and maybe a few others next year.

I don't think they're going to be as good next year.

The NHL needs to change their playoff format. The top 2 teams in the Conference shouldn't be playing in the second round every year just because theybplay in the same division and you want to give division winners a higher seed. If they did this, the Caps & Pens would probably meet in the Conference finals most years and it mean a lot more for the league if they played in the conference finals.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/alex-ovechkin-not-going-iihf-worlds-due-lower-body-injury-170645315.html

Quote:
Washington Capitals captain Alexander Ovechkin will not join Russia for the World Championships because of an undisclosed lower-body injury, the Russian Hockey Federation announced Thursday.

I just heard on the radio that he was taking pain killing shots so he could play.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

You play to win Championships. Expectations change with success. Teams like the Caps and Nats should now be judged off rings. Period.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Well you and I are different people. There's no way I could react like this.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say I don't understand fans who say they're so upset that they're not going to root for their team anymore.

1. It won't happen
2. They're bluffing

For me, I'm a casual hockey fan. I want the caps to win and have my entire life, especially from when I first started understanding what hockey was an everything in the mid 80s - just like Football and basketball - but it's not ending my world or ruining my day or week anymore.

It's like my dad says, "when they start sending me a check, I'll care more."

Or how Danny Roulier said it a few years back, "it's ok to have hope but when you start believing is where you mess up."

That just sums it up right there. For all D.C. Teams I hope they win a championship sometime soon, do I actually believe it though? I wouldn't say I don't believe they will, but I'm skeptical. I have little faith that we'll get blessed with another championship in D.C. Sports in my lifetime, and I'll be 38 next week.

lavar703

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Well you and I are different people. There's no way I could react like this.

I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of hockey but my girlfriend loves the Caps so I go to the games with her and watch the games with her. They've been far and away the best team in this area and yeah I know they haven't won a cup but it's a team you can be proud of. There's no embarrassment surrounding the front office and they're competitive year in and year out.
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'd say I don't understand fans who say they're so upset that they're not going to root for their team anymore.

1. It won't happen
2. They're bluffing

People get emotional in the moment and say dumb things. You of all people should know this.

Sig by Mike23md

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

1. It won't happen
2. They're bluffing

People get emotional in the moment and say dumb things. You of all people should know this.
Oh no doubt, which is why I just don't see it happening. If you're a fan of a team, you're always going to be a fan.

Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

1. It won't happen
2. They're bluffing

Oh no doubt, which is why I just don't see it happening. If you're a fan of a team, you're always going to be a fan.

Agreed. I got over it pretty quickly to be honest. I'm disappointed, but all say the same thing I did when the Redskins lost to the Giants last year, no point in letting a bunch on millionaires control my moods.

Sig by Mike23md

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards are only shooting 32% from 3 in the playoffs, down from 37% in the regular season.

Beal: 28% down from 41%
Porter: 31% down from 43%

Beyond the defense being horrible on the road this postseason for the Wizards, the Wizards have been missing open shots and that's been the biggest problem for the road.

lavar703

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious. The celtics are getting calls where a wizard isn't even touching them lol
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
This is hilarious. The celtics are getting calls where a wizard isn't even touching them lol
DC curse alive and well

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yardbarker: John Wall comes up clutch with game-winning three to force a Game 7

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/watch_john_wall_hits_game_winning_three_to_force_game_7/s1_12680_23944162 via @

Balls to the Wall! Laughing

Wall: 26 pts (9-25 missed some layups!) 2 rebs, 8 asts
Beal: 33 pts (1-8 on 3s, still can't hit 'em)2 rebs, 5 asts
Porter: 0 pts (still can't believe it!), 7 rebs, 2 asts
Morris: 16 pts, 11 rebs, 2 asts
Gortat: 4 pts, 13 rebs, 2 asts

The bench gave them nothing! 13 total points, 6 from Mahinmi, 4 from Bogdanovic (0-3 on 3s), 3 from Smith and 0 from both Jennings and Oubre.

Combined once again the team struggled from 3. 5/24 only 20.8%. They were very lucky that Wall & Beal got hot in the 4th quarter. The rest of the roll players like Porter, Gortat, Bogdanovic, Jennings, Oubre, Smith and Mahinmi are going to have to play better in Boston on Monday night if they want any hopes of winning and advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 16 of 28

Jump to: