Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
JMU WINS FCS CHAMPIONSHIP !!!
Congrats Thai and Buck and all my friends I went to HS with that went to JMU which is dozens.

That being said I was rooting for the Youngstown State Penguins, my cousin was a back up QB for them 15 years ago or so when we were both in college and my favorite Congressman is from Youngstown. That Congressman is a cool guy, he's not too much older than me, probably around your age Thai, he's 43 and a really cool guy.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want us to look at Khalid Abdullah in Day 3 of the draft.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards Have Regained Fun Elements of Basketball

http://wizofawes.com/2017/01/02/washington-wizards-regained-fun-element-starting-win-games/‬

Wizards Need to sign Hollis Thompson for Outside Shooting

http://wizofawes.com/2017/01/05/washington-wizards-hollis-thompson-nba-free-agency-ideas-philadelphia-76ers/‬

Quote:
Washington Wizards need to add scoring and Hollis Thompson, a former Georgetown Hoya, could help spark the team’s second unit. Washington’s bench is the least efficient in the NBA and score just under 24 points per game – the second worst total in the entire league, per Hoops Stats.

Ian Mahinmi was the team’s prized signing, but has only played in one game this season. The rest of the new faces – almost all of whom are offensive-minded – have failed to contribute on a consistent basis.

Trey Burke and Tomas Satoransky have both been in and out of the team’s rotation, and Andrew Nicholson is glued to the end of the bench. Jason Smith has increased his production as of late, but has struggled to find his rhythm since the season began.

On Wednesday, the Philadelphia 76ers waived Hollis Thompson – a 6-foot-8 wing who’s most known for playing at Georgetown. Thompson, 25, didn’t necessarily fit into the Sixers’ plans moving forward given their need to play more promising young players ahead of him in the rotation.

As a career 39 percent shooter from deep, Thompson is capable of spreading a defense and providing a scoring spark off the bench in a traditional 3-and-D role.

If Thompson were to continue shooting at his career percentage, he would be the third best shooter on the Washington Wizards’ roster, behind Burke and Porter.

In two of his four seasons, Thompson has shot over 40 percent from beyond the 3-point arc. This season, all of Thompson’s made 3-point shots were assisted on, according to Basketball-Reference, which shows his willingness to accept a role as a catch-and-shoot option.

Assessing a Potential Trade For Paul Millsap

http://wizofawes.com/2017/01/07/washington-wizards-paul-millsap-trade-idea-analysis-atlanta-hawks/‬

Quote:
According to a recent ESPN report, the Atlanta Hawks are considering blowing up their foundation. The team is reportedly shopping Paul Millsap, who’s made the All-Star team three years in a row.

Teams that want to make the jump from mediocre to potential contender could consider acquiring Millsap. Washington shares the Southeast Division with Atlanta and were bounced out of the semifinals by the Millsap-led team a few years ago.

There’s an opportunity for Millsap to seek a team of his choosing, at least to an extent, and there’s a solid chance that he’ll take advantage of that right. With that in mind, a team like the Washington Wizards would be more willing to move one of their starters plus a single first round pick for Millsap.

Washington could swap a productive player on a bargain-contract, attach a pick and hope the Hawks bite.

In this instance, the Wizards might consider trading Markieff Morris – plus two fillers to balance out the finances – and this year’s pick for Millsap.

I think if the Wiz couldn't get a trade done like Ben originally proposed - Morris, a few fillers and their 1st (which I'm not too happy about giving up) - that they should just wait until Milsap becomes a free agent in July. We all know that the Wizards aren't a championship contender - even with a PF like Milsap they likely aren't - it's probably smarter to wait until July to sign a player like Milsap and then next year they'll have:

PG: Wall, Burke, Sato
SG: Beal, a FA, Rookie, or McLellan
SF: Porter, Oubre, hopefully they sign Hollis Thompson
PF: Milsap, Morris, Nicholson
C: Gortat, Mahinmi, Smith

And they'd have their 1st round pick which could end up being a lottery pick this year, if not it will be a top 20 pick.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
I really want us to look at Khalid Abdullah in Day 3 of the draft.
Agreed, he's a good looking back. If we got him in round 6 or 7 that'd be good and if he goes undrafted we defintiely should sign him as an udfa.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe to say that if we had beat the Giants last week and we're playing Seattle tonight that we'd be getting beat ax bad as Seattle so, it probably wasn't worth making the playoffs to get crushed in Seattle in another prime time playoff game.

I'll take having 4 picks higher in the draft which will allow us to draft a more talented defensive player.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Safe to say that if we had beat the Giants last week and we're playing Seattle tonight that we'd be getting beat ax bad as Seattle so, it probably wasn't worth making the playoffs to get crushed in Seattle in another prime time playoff game.

I'll take having 4 picks higher in the draft which will allow us to draft a more talented defensive player.

Turtle I agree. Do you know their run pass ratio? Wish our HC and OC looked and learned from them
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Turtle I agree. Do you know their run pass ratio? Wish our HC and OC looked and learned from them
Their passing game isn't as good as ours, so they don't throw as much as we do but I agree, we do need to run the ball more than we do. I will say Darrell Bevel is the person that I and many others wanted to hire as a HC in 2014 and I wanted to hire Ken Norton Jr to be our defensive coordinator.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yardbarker: WATCH: Grayson Allen appears to trip Boston College player

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/watch_grayson_allen_appears_to_trip_boston_college_player/s1_12740_22902400 via @yardbarker

BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Best damn weekend of my life....

Well until July when I get married! Cold, bright and perfect day in Frisco Texas

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Well until July when I get married! Cold, bright and perfect day in Frisco Texas
Congrats! On both!

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards get another win vs the Bucs and are 18-18 now on the season and in 8th place in the eastern conference.

http://ynzc.am/J2wUnp
http://yi.nzc.am/c1B3JC

CSN Mid-Atlantic - Wizards' bench takes shape with Kelly Oubre, Sheldon McClellan

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/wizards-bench-takes-shape-kelly-oubre-sheldon-mcclellan

Quote:
The second-year Oubre came two points shy of tying his career-high with 17 points. The undrafted rookie McClellan had eight points, three assists and two steals, getting his production in the flow of the offense and not forcing shots to do so.

That's how a 12-point deficit was erased by Washington (18-1Cool when Oubre scored 10 on 4 of 5 shooting. It's how they closed, too, with McClellan getting five in the fourth quarter.

"Our bench did a good job," Brooks said. "Sheldon played good minutes for us. Kelly came in and it's back-to-back good games for him."

Oubre drained a three-pointer on a beautiful ball reversal as Bradley Beal was closed out from shooting and Otto Porter made the extra pass. Then John Wall found him with a no-look pass to give the Wizards a 64-63 lead midway through the third.

His activity around the basket, three of Oubre's five rebounds were offensive, helped give Washington a 20-4 edge in second-chance points. Oubre, who will get left open based on how opponents cover, is 7-for-14 on three-pointers in the last three games. This is his best stretch of basketball since a Dec. 16 concussion interrupted what had been a stretch of solid play.

Wall: 16 pts, 7 asts, 3 rebs
Beal: 26 pts, 2 asts, 4 rebs (2 of 10 from 3 though Twisted Evil )
Morris: 20 pts, 10 rebs
Porter: 13 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts (needs to shoot more 3/7 from 3)
Gortat: 7 pts, 12 rebs
Oubre: 17 pts, 1 asts, 5 rebs (7/14, 3/7 from 3)
McLellan: 8 pts, 3 rebs
Burke: 5 asts, 2 rebs

BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Congrats! On both!

Haha thanks man. Today has been a struggle bus after this weekend I must say

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - I also want Kloosterman (TE) from JMU when he turns pro. Guy is a great TE. Only a Junior now.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for you Jeezy!

‪Morning tip: Sheldon McClellan earns trust of Wizards' coaching staff http://fw.to/a9eE8xl‬

McClellan is really starting to step his game up and Brooks is starting to make him Beal's main back up and he play some SF when they go to a 3 guard line up.

Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
This is for you Jeezy!

‪Morning tip: Sheldon McClellan earns trust of Wizards' coaching staff http://fw.to/a9eE8xl‬

McClellan is really starting to step his game up and Brooks is starting to make him Beal's main back up and he play some SF when they go to a 3 guard line up.

Cool Cool Cool

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: