You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My high school quince orchard lost the 4A state champ to Perry Hall 😤😰

http://patch.com/maryland/perryhall/state-basketball-champs-perry-hall-boys-win-4a-crown

Wizards won their 5th straight game last night and 4th straight on this west coast road trip, they've won 42 games this season now.

On the flip side, the Caps lost their 3rd game in a row! Sad

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

http://patch.com/maryland/perryhall/state-basketball-champs-perry-hall-boys-win-4a-crown

Wizards won their 5th straight game last night and 4th straight on this west coast road trip, they've won 42 games this season now.

Okay, here I am. Looks like I'm having some crow for dinner. Barring a complete collapse down the stretch (read: 4-13), the Wizards will have their best record since losing to the Supersonics in the NBA Finals in the '78-79 season. I have to admit, they've played much better than I would have thought they would (and I think any of their fans would have as well). No one could say they expected the Wizards to be in 2nd place and 2.5 games behind Cleveland in mid-March with the fifth best record in the NBA.

Still would bet against them to make the Finals, but I am a lot less likely to put any money on them not making the Conference Finals.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Okay, here I am. Looks like I'm having some crow for dinner. Barring a complete collapse down the stretch (read: 4-13), the Wizards will have their best record since losing to the Supersonics in the NBA Finals in the '78-79 season. I have to admit, they've played much better than I would have thought they would (and I think any of their fans would have as well). No one could say they expected the Wizards to be in 2nd place and 2.5 games behind Cleveland in mid-March with the fifth best record in the NBA.

Still would bet against them to make the Finals, but I am a lot less likely to put any money on them not making the Conference Finals.
I believe I posted before the season started that they should trade John Wall now and go full rebuild. So yeah, I was way off.

They still have no chance at beating Cleveland though.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local teams in Men's NCAA Tournament:

10 seed VCU will play 7 seed St. Mary's on 3/16 in Salt Lake City.

5 seed Virginia will play 12 seed UNC Wilmington on 3/16 in Orlando.

8 seed Virginia Tech will play 9 seed Wisconsin on 3/16 in Orlando.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Tough 8 matchup for my Hokies. Wisconsin got hosed.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You know I never predicted it. I thought at the very best they'd be a 4 seed but most likely one of the last two teams to make the playoffs and just above .500 with lie 42 or 43 wins and they'd lose in round 1 to the Cavs or whomever at 2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Tough 8 matchup for my Hokies. Wisconsin got hosed.

Not too thrilled that should the Cavs fail-to-lose, they likely get Florida in Orlando.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@OBToojiveforyou
Quote:
Co-EC Players of the Week @NBA?
@JohnWall - 29.8ppg, 11.3apg, 51.7%FG
@RealDealBeal23 - 28.5ppg, 4.3rpg, 3,8apg, 53.2%FG, 54.8%3P
Wiz: 4-0

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696107-re-ranking-the-top-25-players-from-the-class-of-2014

What He's Done: You don't hear a lot about Quin Blanding because he plays for such a bad Virginia team, but the Cavaliers safety is one of the best players in college football. He is all over the field, and though it was a surprise that he came back for his senior year, he's got the ability to shoot even higher up the draft next season. He has an eye-popping 356 tackles in three years and six picks.

Why He's Here: Blanding can do it all. Most of the headlines center around Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker because those guys left early and are making a splash as they prepare for the NFL. But Blanding is coming back and trying to help head coach Bronco Mendenhall turn things around in Charlottesville. At 6'2", 205 pounds, he has ideal size for the position, and he could play his way into more of a household name this year.

If Swearinger doesn't work out, this is the safety we need in next year's draft.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696107-re-ranking-the-top-25-players-from-the-class-of-2014

What He's Done: You don't hear a lot about Quin Blanding because he plays for such a bad Virginia team, but the Cavaliers safety is one of the best players in college football. He is all over the field, and though it was a surprise that he came back for his senior year, he's got the ability to shoot even higher up the draft next season. He has an eye-popping 356 tackles in three years and six picks.

Why He's Here: Blanding can do it all. Most of the headlines center around Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker because those guys left early and are making a splash as they prepare for the NFL. But Blanding is coming back and trying to help head coach Bronco Mendenhall turn things around in Charlottesville. At 6'2", 205 pounds, he has ideal size for the position, and he could play his way into more of a household name this year.

If Swearinger doesn't work out, this is the safety we need in next year's draft.
I'm down

Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Even if Swearinger works out, picking up Blanding would still be a decent idea.
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giancarlo does not hit cheapies
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Even if Swearinger works out, picking up Blanding would still be a decent idea.
Yeah, the skins need to draft someone in the mid rounds to
Develop behind Swearinger. We do have Deshazor Everett but if they feel he can be upgraded by a rookie, then go for it.

I personally am a Deshazor Everett fan as our back up FS. That's why I've been mocking SS's more in the mid rounds to develop behind Cravens rather than FS's.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady's last two Super Bowl jerseys both recovered

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/20/tom-bradys-last-two-super-bowl-jerseys-both-recovered/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

The world can now continue to turn. Laughing

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Tom Brady's last two Super Bowl jerseys both recovered

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/20/tom-bradys-last-two-super-bowl-jerseys-both-recovered/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

The world can now continue to turn. Laughing

So this is what our FBI is using our taxpayer money for. Biggest stupidest waste of time and money. heres an idea- maybe focus on preventing terrorism or people jumping the white house fence?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 10 of 28

Jump to: