Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT: Green Bay Packers (9-6) @ Detroit Lions (9-6)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20324
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Week 17 GDT: Green Bay Packers (9-6) @ Detroit Lions (9-6) Reply with quote

I'm not going to make this one pretty. It reflects how the Lions haven't been pretty lately, either. I'm on a 2 game losing streak with GDT's. Nnivolcm sucked last week as our Dallas savior. We all suck. The team all sucks except Zach Zenner.

Tough game against a red hot Rodgers and a red hot Packers team. It is at home, though... and we'll know if we are in the playoffs automatically with Washington's game right before ours. The game got moved to prime time so the world can see the Lions suck it up again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11061
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 17 GDT: Green Bay Packers (9-6) @ Detroit Lions (9- Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Nnivolcm sucked last week



_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 6513
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gots dis.

31-28. Prater hits a 47 yard FG in OT to win it.
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyguy1609


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 2704
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope we show up for a full game, Tate needs to have a huge game, ZZ I can see having a nice day... if Slay plays I can see him on nelson... I can see the final 24-21/ 27-24... it comes down to a fg and our Kicker is better then the packs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2080
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way the NFL keeps the packers out of the playoffs...this will probably be one of the worst officiated games of the year is my bet. The refs will keep drives going for them until they find their groove...you know this story oh to well

I don't even wanna watch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlitzKarma


Joined: 24 Dec 2016
Posts: 95
Location: Belding, MI.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
There is no way the NFL keeps the packers out of the playoffs...this will probably be one of the worst officiated games of the year is my bet. The refs will keep drives going for them until they find their groove...you know this story oh to well

I don't even wanna watch


I fully conquer. The NFL would rather have the Packers in the playoffs instead of the Lions. We will get reffed beyond our ability to challenge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9653
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saying we got it too. Matty Ice is coming through and bringing us the North.

Not saying it won't be a scary game. Rodgers will have a lot to say before the game is over, I think it'll be an unbelievable game for him just on the wrong side of the outcome. 5 TD's this game, 4 throwing, 1 rushing.


44-42 Lions.

Shoot'em out in the dome for the season finale. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 6513
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying my best to put any bias aside, I really think 2 things are gonna lead us to a win: The crowd, and the variety of guys to throw to.

I dont see one guy getting a bunch of catches (perhaps Riddick). I see us really spreading it around and getting 5 guys 5+ catches.

GB got away with a good bit of offensive holding in Lambeu, but will actually get called for it this go around. I wont say our Dline will dominate, but fueled by the crowd, they will make an impact.
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11061
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
There is no way the NFL keeps the packers out of the playoffs...this will probably be one of the worst officiated games of the year is my bet. The refs will keep drives going for them until they find their groove...you know this story oh to well

I don't even wanna watch


Packers and Lions might have already locked up playoff spots by the time the game is played.
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick12


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 2201
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
There is no way the NFL keeps the packers out of the playoffs...this will probably be one of the worst officiated games of the year is my bet. The refs will keep drives going for them until they find their groove...you know this story oh to well

I don't even wanna watch


Packers and Lions might have already locked up playoff spots by the time the game is played.


The amount of stress and anxiety that would be taken off if this happens would be greatly appreciated. Pray
_________________
Team Stylish
Adopt-A-Lion: Marvin Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick12


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 2201
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get Jerome Boger and his crew for this game. I'm personally not a fan of his, but at least it's not Brad Allens crew who insist they become the main focus of each game they officiate.

I've never been more nervous/excited to go to a professional sporting event in my life. Pretty cool that first 50,000 are getting rally towels that say "Beat the Packers." Cool

Saw this morning they had some standing room only tickets for sale starting at $90. Expecting an atmosphere to rival and even top 2011 vs Bears.
_________________
Team Stylish
Adopt-A-Lion: Marvin Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11061
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
We get Jerome Boger and his crew for this game. I'm personally not a fan of his, but at least it's not Brad Allens crew who insist they become the main focus of each game they officiate.

I've never been more nervous/excited to go to a professional sporting event in my life. Pretty cool that first 50,000 are getting rally towels that say "Beat the Packers." Cool

Saw this morning they had some standing room only tickets for sale starting at $90. Expecting an atmosphere to rival and even top 2011 vs Bears.


Boger and his crew is probably in my top 3 least desirable outcomes.
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SimsZilla


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 6075
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait...sitting in the endzone around row 14. got them in july for about 120ish. now i can sell them for a TON more but hell no i am keeping them!
_________________

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the sig!

AAL MATTHEW STAFFORD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JManTheJuiceMan


Joined: 14 May 2016
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In like Flynn!

Tear em a new one please

detroitroar wrote:
Trying my best to put any bias aside, I really think 2 things are gonna lead us to a win: The crowd, and the variety of guys to throw to.

I dont see one guy getting a bunch of catches (perhaps Riddick). I see us really spreading it around and getting 5 guys 5+ catches.

GB got away with a good bit of offensive holding in Lambeu, but will actually get called for it this go around. I wont say our Dline will dominate, but fueled by the crowd, they will make an impact.


Exactly. No way can the Packers cover Tate, Jones and Boldin. I've watched their last few games and their secondary is atrocious. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 had 100+ yards. Work Ebron in there too and is Riddick out? How is Zenner catching out of the backfield?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 6513
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JManTheJuiceMan wrote:
In like Flynn!

Tear em a new one please

detroitroar wrote:
Trying my best to put any bias aside, I really think 2 things are gonna lead us to a win: The crowd, and the variety of guys to throw to.

I dont see one guy getting a bunch of catches (perhaps Riddick). I see us really spreading it around and getting 5 guys 5+ catches.

GB got away with a good bit of offensive holding in Lambeu, but will actually get called for it this go around. I wont say our Dline will dominate, but fueled by the crowd, they will make an impact.


Exactly. No way can the Packers cover Tate, Jones and Boldin. I've watched their last few games and their secondary is atrocious. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 had 100+ yards. Work Ebron in there too and is Riddick out? How is Zenner catching out of the backfield?

Riddick still isn't practicing but I'd be surprised if he doesn't play.

Zenner has fine hands but isn't nearly as good after the catch.

And if there was ever a time for Ebron to have a breakout game it would be now.
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group