Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 Ravens @ Bengals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Week 17 Ravens @ Bengals Reply with quote

Final game of the season against the Ravens, which has no playoff implications involved, thus this game will only affect the NFL draft order.

TV Coverage Map: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=17

Because I don't care about winning this game, instead I will list the 5 players that need to end the season on a good note, in order to help there stock in the offseason.

5.Rex Burkhead - He's been getting more reps near the end of the season, and certainly deserves to be back. But he could be looking to test the free agency waters and look to possibly be a good #2 RB on most teams, whereas he's going to be stuck behind Bernard and Hill if he stays here.

4.Domata Peko - Peko has been around forever, but has struggled just to even stay as a mediocre player. He will be a free agent, and it wouldn't shock me if he ends up returning, but he needs to go.

3.Michael Johnson - Major disappointment this season. It might be time to cut him should the Bengals look to draft a pass rusher in the 1st round. Wouldn't mind keeping him around as a rotation player, but for the amount of money he's making, it may not happen.

2.Rey Maualuga - He's never been anything special for his entire career with the Bengals, and it may be time to cut him as well. He's gotten less snaps this year to guys like Burfict, Dansby, and even Vincent Rey whos' preformed well in the limited time he's played.

1.Cedric Ogbuehi - The worst starter on the team without a doubt. While I was watching the Texans game with my dad, I told him that Ogbuehi was a 1st round pick, and he was like "Is this a joke?" Unlikely they give up on him after one season, but he hasn't shown one good thing all year.

Prediction

Don't care about this game, won't watch it. Go Ravens

Ravens 14 Bengals 10[/b]
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So close to a quality pick in the draft...
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's going to be a fair amount of roster turnover this offseason, so we're going to see some guys this week we haven't seen much over the year (or at least, until the last few weeks).

Means we'll see more of Denard like we did last week. More Cody Core, more Oggsuckface, Fisher, etc. Probably less Peko, Adam Jones, Winston, etc.

I think the Bengals are going to win, if for no other reason than they've been eliminated for a few weeks and the Ravens just got their cookies stolen last week. They're going to be down for this, the Bengals young guys playing for spots next year are going to be up for the game.

If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that it's a big week for Ogbuehi. It's a big offseason for him, but I don't think after what we have seen this season we are expecting much change in a week. I think it's a bigger week for Dennard, as he should finally get some field time, and needs to look good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ced was put on IR today. So Whit will start at LT and TJ Johnson likely at LG

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw he had an injury. Best that they don't try to play him through the injury. Best go ahead and offer Whit a 2 year contract, stipulation to move to guard if his play declines and there is a quality option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burkhead looks so much better running the ball.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. Played well today. No one cares.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Burkhead looks so much better running the ball.

He's better than Hill. Sucks that Burkhead will probably be somewhere else next season...
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to bring Burkhead back, especially once you consider that Gio is coming off a torn ACL and I'd a likely PUP candidate.

He is so much better than Hill it's ridiculous. I think he'll leave for a team willing to give him a bigger opportunity, unfortunately.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted the Bengals to lose, so Lewis could get fired. Once again, Mediorce Marvin did just enough to keep his job.

Crossing my fingers that Zampese gets fired, but probably nothing will happen. 2016 was probably was the worst years to be a sports fan if your from Ohio. Don't really see 2017 being that much better though.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavs won a title, Indians made the World series and almost won, Blue Jackets have the best record in the NHL, Ohio State made the CFP in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Really only down year for Cincinnati and Ohio State Men's basketball.

And you are kidding yourself if you think that we lost anythin other than one spot in the draft by winning today. Zampese may get let go, but it isn't unreasonable to expect improvement in his second year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I wanted the Bengals to lose, so Lewis could get fired. Once again, Mediorce Marvin did just enough to keep his job.

Crossing my fingers that Zampese gets fired, but probably nothing will happen. 2016 was probably was the worst years to be a sports fan if your from Ohio. Don't really see 2017 being that much better though.

The Bengals could have gotten crushed today and Marvin still wasn't getting fired. I suspect that if the Bengals have another sub-.500 season next year that he'll probably be gone, one way or another.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The Bengals could have gotten crushed today and Marvin still wasn't getting fired. I suspect that if the Bengals have another sub-.500 season next year that he'll probably be gone, one way or another.

Marvin and Zampese will both be back next year.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Cavs won a title, Indians made the World series and almost won, Blue Jackets have the best record in the NHL, Ohio State made the CFP in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Really only down year for Cincinnati and Ohio State Men's basketball.

And you are kidding yourself if you think that we lost anythin other than one spot in the draft by winning today. Zampese may get let go, but it isn't unreasonable to expect improvement in his second year.

Should of elaborated myself better on that, was really meaning for the Cincinnati area. Infact, the teams up north having good years makes it worse IMO, because now Cleveland is no longer the factor of sadness and instead possibly Cincinnati has taken there place. Ok, scratch that, San Diego fans probably had the most miserable year.

For the Bengals going from a team that almost finally won a playoff game to missing it the next year wasn't very good. Bearcats football sucked this year. Reds once again sucked. Bearcats basketball lost in stupid fashion in the tournament, and Xavier having the highest seed ever in school history chocked in 2nd round. lol. And for Ohio State football, lets not pretend like they accomplished anything last year. They showed the world that they had no business in the playoffs in the 1st place. So yeah, 2016 is a year I would love to forget.

And as for Zampese, PLEASE name one positive thing he's done this season. For what I've seen, he has no clue what he's doing out there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: