Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Bring Back Rex Ryan 2017 Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Official Bring Back Rex Ryan 2017 Thread Reply with quote

Granted, his defenses haven't been all that impressive the past few years, but anything he can muster up should be worlds better than what Pees has been producing.

Not sure if there is another team out there willing to give him another shot as a HC, so assuming he's willing to come back as a DC, I know we'd love to have him.

What do you guys think the chances are that we find a way to bring him back to the organization?

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if he was hired by the Ravens, and I'm not entirely sure that I want him to be given the downward trend of his defenses that he's had an influence over in the last 5+ years.

I get that he'd be better than Pees, but I think we should aim higher than that in the off chance that Pees is miraculously hired away or fired

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Rein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should be named "Bring back Ed Reed" - a Ravens icon like him should be on our coaching staff in some capacity.

The old mutiny during the SB season against Harbaugh is not helping, though...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 15h15 hours ago
Two years ago, Rex Ryan's mindset seemed to be that he'd either be a HC or go into TV. Didn't want to be a DC. We'll see if that's changed.

I'm ready for something new anyways. A defensive scheme and coordinator focused on getting a secondary all the help possible. That's what's needed to stop the good offenses these days. Baltimore has been way too focused on building up the middle when that's not what has been hurting them for... years. It starts with newsome and the front office though. Not sure if much is going to change much.

But with that said, please re-sign Williams. That money isn't getting spent on free agents fro other teams anyways.
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Pees out, but I don't know if Rex is the right choice.

Anyways, nothing will happen with Pees. Our organization are very good at convincing themselves everything is going alright and we are competetive. And when our defense performs well, it is because Pees is brilliant and not because we play the worst QB's and offenses in the league, and when we fail and give up 400 yards it is because we missed a player og players didn't play to their assignment.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way Rex Ryan would agree to come back to the Ravens, unless it was as Head Coach (which isn't going to happen).

I'm not sure I'd want him anyway, given how the Jets and Bills weren't really exceeding the sum of their parts on defense. But he'd be better than Pees, at the very least.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just randomly thought about this today too. Don't see it happening and I'm kind of on board with what's been said. Time for a change.

A lot of talk about Leslie Frazier. I'd be intrigued at the thought of that

Truly believe we let the lions steal our best defensive minded coach last offseason
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I don't see any way Rex Ryan would agree to come back to the Ravens, unless it was as Head Coach (which isn't going to happen).

I'm not sure I'd want him anyway, given how the Jets and Bills weren't really exceeding the sum of their parts on defense. But he'd be better than Pees, at the very least.

Someone as a HC is different than them as a coordinator of an individual unit, though. I would be all for Rex coming back. Heck, make Pagano the secondary coach and Ed Reed a special assistant to the D. Get the whole band back together! Smile

That said, if we can only replace one coordinator, I'd rather it be MM (thus replacing Trestman).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
This thread should be named "Bring back Ed Reed" - a Ravens icon like him should be on our coaching staff in some capacity.

The old mutiny during the SB season against Harbaugh is not helping, though...

Even if he's just brought in as a consultant of some type to show the guys in the secondary how he prepared for game day. That dude knew what most offenses were going to do before they did it, he always seemed THAT prepared.

As an Eagles fan I loved watching him play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: