Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Black Monday - HC (6) / GM (1) Openings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CAPJ


Joined: 31 Dec 2015
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter ∑ 2 hours ago

And here it goes: With his family concerned about his health, Gary Kubiak likely is stepping down as Broncos' HC, league sources tell ESPN.


Nothing more than rumors, but it seems Bruce Arians my retire as well, due to health concerns.


There is a lot of buzz about Saints trading Sean Payton. Can't remember last coach to be traded. Was it Parcells, NE to NYJ? I can't remember the exact details of these moves, but do recall them being pretty big...1st, 2nd and 4th rd picks.


Gruden from Oakland to Tampa was the last I believe and it was a major haul. Something like two 1sts two 2nds and cash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 30411
Location: Lodi
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAPJ wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter ∑ 2 hours ago

And here it goes: With his family concerned about his health, Gary Kubiak likely is stepping down as Broncos' HC, league sources tell ESPN.


Nothing more than rumors, but it seems Bruce Arians my retire as well, due to health concerns.


There is a lot of buzz about Saints trading Sean Payton. Can't remember last coach to be traded. Was it Parcells, NE to NYJ? I can't remember the exact details of these moves, but do recall them being pretty big...1st, 2nd and 4th rd picks.


Gruden from Oakland to Tampa was the last I believe and it was a major haul. Something like two 1sts two 2nds and cash.


Pretty sure Herm Edwards was traded after that. It was for a middle round pick I believe.
_________________
buno67 wrote:
I dont think I have seen a more arrogant a-hole on this site that wasnt an eagles fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
Quote:
Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.


Quote:
Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.


Wow. Bradley seems convinced Lynn lands a HC gig.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGame316


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 1870
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
Quote:
Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.


Quote:
Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.


Wow. Bradley seems convinced Lynn lands a HC gig.


Lynn's got he Buffalo job

They can't name it yet because they still need to do a dog and pony show to satisfy the Rooney Rule
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
Quote:
Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.


Quote:
Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.


Wow. Bradley seems convinced Lynn lands a HC gig.


Lynn's got he Buffalo job

They can't name it yet because they still need to do a dog and pony show to satisfy the Rooney Rule


What? Lynn is black. They can hire him outright if they want to,.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGame316


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 1870
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
Quote:
Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.


Quote:
Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.


Wow. Bradley seems convinced Lynn lands a HC gig.


Lynn's got he Buffalo job

They can't name it yet because they still need to do a dog and pony show to satisfy the Rooney Rule


What? Lynn is black. They can hire him outright if they want to,.


Didn't know that..... Buffalo doesn't really matter. I did hear that somewhere though, That he was their guy but they couldn't announce it due to the Rooney Rule, so I assumed he was white
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ware94


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 1578
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
Quote:
Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.


Quote:
Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.


Wow. Bradley seems convinced Lynn lands a HC gig.


Lynn's got he Buffalo job

They can't name it yet because they still need to do a dog and pony show to satisfy the Rooney Rule


What? Lynn is black. They can hire him outright if they want to,.


Didn't know that..... Buffalo doesn't really matter. I did hear that somewhere though, That he was their guy but they couldn't announce it due to the Rooney Rule, so I assumed he was white


Lol, maybe they have to interview a white coach?
_________________
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Texas Rangers - AL West Champions
NBA - New York Knicks
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charean Williams ✔ @NFLCharean
Quote:
Jerry Jones said he has not received calls requesting permission to talk to Will McClay or Scott Linehan this week. Yet...
5:50 PM - 1 Jan 2017


Quote:
Jerry Jones on McClay and Linehan calls from others: Iím not sure that anybody does that before a season is over anyway, just to be clear.

_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BloodOps


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 2369
Location: Long Island
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like Arians is staying not retiring, but Kubiak is still definitely stepping down.

Tough move but health comes first for sure, he'll be in demand if he decides to return to coaching in a few years.
_________________
PSN: BloodOps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDsportsfan


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 7248
Location: Between Richmond VA. and D.C.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD coach fired.
_________________
I'm a Dallas Fan.
Always smell it first....trust me

------------------------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Wade Phillips' contract is going to expire.

The defending Super Bowl Champions will have a brand new coaching staff.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/227290/kyle-shanahan-among-possible-candidates-for-broncos-job

Would be perfect, honestly.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 15102
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Interesting Wade Phillips' contract is going to expire.

The defending Super Bowl Champions will have a brand new coaching staff.


Sean Payton to Denver...guess who follows him there?

Don't know how that happens and it's a huge longshot I know...but I'm calling it.
_________________

Adopt a Cowboy: Anthony Hitchens: 39 tkl | 39 asst | 1.5 SK | 0 INT | 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m12 minutes ago
Quote:
Rams have requested permission to interview Washington OC Sean McVay, per source.


Quote:
49ers requested interviews with Josh McDaniels for HC job, and Pats' Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio for GM job, per source.


Quote:
Jaguars have requested permission to interview Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, per source.


Quote:
Jacksonville Jaguars have scheduled an HC interview for Friday with Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan, per source.


Quote:
Rams are requesting permission today to interview Jaguars' interim HC Doug Marrone for their HC job, per source.


Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1h1 hour ago
Quote:
Tentative plan is for Patriots OC Josh McDaniels to do his interviews with the Rams, Niners and Jags during the bye weekend.


Quote:
The 49ers have requested to interview highly regarded Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard, per source.


Quote:
Mentioned last night that the Rams, Jaguars and 49ers have all reached out to McDaniels. All 3 trying to set up interviews.


Quote:
Expect Redskins OC Sean McVay to generate interest. Rams have already touched base on him. Broncos likely to check in on him as well.


Quote:
The Jaguars are tentatively set to interview Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan on Friday, per source.

_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28231
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-begin-search-coach-gm

Quote:
But the 49ers will look to bring in other candidates for the job, including Seattle offensive line coach and former Raiders head coach Tom Cable, Buffalo interim head coach Anthony Lynn, Jacksonville interim coach Doug Marrone and Miami defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.


Quote:
The 49ers on Friday informed Trent Baalke he had been fired as 49ers general manager. The top candidates to emerge in that search are New England director of player personnel Nick Caserio, Kansas City director of player personnel Chris Ballard, ESPN analyst Louis Riddick, Minnesota assistant general manager George Paton, and Seattle co-player personnel directors Trent Kirchner and Scott Fitterer.

_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group