Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NFC & Hawks playoff scenarios
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Yeah if changes arent made with the coaching staff this off season we will be even worse next year. Should have lost to the Pack in 14'. Got smacked by Carolina in the divisional last year. Will probably lose in the Wildcard this year. Getting figured out on both sides of the ball. The real question is will Pete change some of his own ideas and ways? I doubt it.

Agreed.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins are done!

We win & we play the loser of the Detroit / GB game. (Not TB as someone mentioned)

Hilarious if GB loses..... or rather very sad.....
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'd much rather play a dejected lions team at home at this point. Which they will be if they lose this game.

Also we have home games against the packers throughout regardless. Also once we beat the lions, giants become the low seed which means that the cowboys play them and have a high likelihood of getting knocked out IMO. Which means if we can go into Atlanta and win, we might have a home game before the Super Bowl.

If the packers win this game, the 3rd seed might have really worked out for us.

This is also assuming a lot, including the fact that we're not going to suck in the post season Laughing

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Think I'd much rather play a dejected lions team at home at this point. Which they will be if they lose this game.

Also we have home games against the packers throughout regardless. Also once we beat the lions, giants become the low seed which means that the cowboys play them and have a high likelihood of getting knocked out IMO. Which means if we can go into Atlanta and win, we might have a home game before the Super Bowl.

This is also assuming a lot, including the fact that we're not going to suck in the post season Laughing

Now it really sucks we weren't good enough to beat Zona and nab the 2nd seed.

I still believe the Pack will beat NYG & have a shot at beating Dallas.

The one positive is that when the Hawks beat Detroit & it won't be easy, the divisional game vs the Falcons will be on Saturday at 4:35 EST. We lost to them in 2012 on an early Sunday game, almost lost to Minnesota on an early game and lost to Carolina in the divisionals at the 1 pm EST Sunday game. Not that any of this will matter because we're just not that good of a team but at least it's not early. (Now we start off slow no matter what the time zone)

I wish we'd get McEvoy out there in red zone situations because we suck in the red zone. He's shown to have very good body control, hands and has the size. Use him with Baldwin, Graham and Willson subbing with Richardson. Keep Kearse on the side.

I'm glad Collins is starting to get some touches. He's shown to have pretty good hands & is a great choice as a 3rd down back. Instead we've put out Farmer & Reece. Screw that. Let Collins be a 3rd down back.

We have the personnel but PC has been so leery of playing guys that could positively impact the game in specific situations. That is one of the reasons we're not a great team. Average scheme & ineffective use of the roster.

Oh well. One can only hope.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
imani wrote:

Now it really sucks we weren't good enough to beat Zona and nab the 2nd seed.

I still believe the Pack will beat NYG & have a shot at beating Dallas.

The one positive is that when the Hawks beat Detroit & it won't be easy, the divisional game vs the Falcons will be on Saturday at 4:35 EST. We lost to them in 2012 on an early Sunday game, almost lost to Minnesota on an early game and lost to Carolina in the divisionals at the 1 pm EST Sunday game. Not that any of this will matter because we're just not that good of a team but at least it's not early. (Now we start off slow no matter what the time zone)

I wish we'd get McEvoy out there in red zone situations because we suck in the red zone. He's shown to have very good body control, hands and has the size. Use him with Baldwin, Graham and Willson subbing with Richardson. Keep Kearse on the side.

I'm glad Collins is starting to get some touches. He's shown to have pretty good hands & is a great choice as a 3rd down back. Instead we've put out Farmer & Reece. Screw that. Let Collins be a 3rd down back.

We have the personnel but PC has been so leery of playing guys that could positively impact the game in specific situations. That is one of the reasons we're not a great team. Average scheme & ineffective use of the roster.

Oh well. One can only hope.
A lot of things I agree with in here. McEvoy needs to be getting more playing time over Kearse. Frankly, if McEvoy shows like many of us believe he can we need to cut Kearse at the end of the year.

Collins is finally starting to look like the back we thought we had drafted.

Detroit is the worst team in the NFC playoffs imo so I am happy to play them above anyone else. I don't think we deserve to be a Super Bowl team this year, but if the Packers beat the Giants and Cowboys I think we have a chance against them at home. The game in Atlanta will be the big test. Quinn is going to have a lot of insight on how to beat this team with no Earl

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more with the McEvoy comment. Baffling how little playing time he gets considering how well he plays every time he's out there.

The offense is stuck in neutral....I'm hoping we shake things up and McEvoy can have a Chris Matthews-esque playoff run.
Ryder Williams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Couldn't agree more with the McEvoy comment. Baffling how little playing time he gets considering how well he plays every time he's out there.

The offense is stuck in neutral....I'm hoping we shake things up and McEvoy can have a Chris Matthews-esque playoff run.

I thought I was the only one, Tanner McEvoy is a great asset, he should start over Jermaine Kearse at least in the playoff run. He's tall af, he could be a great deep ball sort of guy, especially in the redzone. And he's good at throwing, he was a quarterback before switching to receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: