You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NFC & Hawks playoff scenarios
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: 2016 NFC & Hawks playoff scenarios Reply with quote

Fairly easy right now.

Assumption #1 - Hawks beat San Francisco

#2 Hawk Seed: Atlanta loses to the Saints at home as 6.5 faves.
#3 Hawk Seed: Atlanta beats Saints at home.

Assumption of earning the #3 seed:

If the Redskins beat the Giants at home, the Redskins earn the #6 seed regardless of the Lions/Packers outcome. As the #3 seed, we would open vs the Skins.

If the Giants beat the Skins, then the #6 seed is the loser of the GB/Detroit SNF game. The winner would earn the #4 seed with assumption of Hawks beating SF.

Conclusion: As the #3 seed, Hawks would play either the Redskins if they win or the loser of the Detroit/Packer game in Detroit if Skins lose to NYG.
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Hawks were to stumble in SF which shouldn't happen with Hyde out, there is only 1 playoff scenario.

A loss to SF & the Hawks would be the #4 seed regardless of any other outcome and would open up with the NY Giants at home.

that is the only scenario.

Finishing #2 is obviously the bye & multiple scenarios of the #3,4,5 seeds that we'd face.

I don't think any of this really matters but it's nice to know what's going on.

Personally, I'd rather face the Giants, who don't have a running game, can't score in the red zone & have a QB that is prone to throwing interceptions. Next would be Detroit who we'd play as the #3 seed if NYG beat the Skins & GB beats Detroit. Detroit is #6 seed.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd feel most confident in a home game against Detroit, so I guess that's what I'll be pulling for. Both Washington and New York have underrated secondaries with the offseason acquisitions of Josh Norman and Janoris Jenkins, respectively.

Darius Slay is no slouch for Detroit, but he doesn't have the same supporting cast and I think we can expose that. The Lions are terrible at running the football on offense as well which should bode well for us.

The Giants don't scare me a whole lot for the same reasons you mentioned, but I definitely respect their defense more than the Lions. As much as I would hate to limp into the playoffs with a loss in SF, it wouldn't be terrible getting the Giants.

Ultimately, we could really use a Falcons loss and the 2 seed. It's looking very likely that we will get a rematch with Atlanta in the playoffs...the only question is where.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me the G men at home

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a Seahawks fan to join our Total Control GM mock. Control free agency, trades and the draft of your Seahawks! Sign up in GM Mock Forum

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Ryder Williams

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Giants beat Redskins, the loser of the GB/Lions game is out of the playoffs, Buccaneers get 6th seed. (If Bucs win)
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryder Williams wrote:
If the Giants beat Redskins, the loser of the GB/Lions game is out of the playoffs, Buccaneers get 6th seed. (If Bucs win)

What a bunch of B.S. Where do you come up with that trash?

Bucs aren't going anywhere. They won and guess what, if the Giants beat Redskins, BOTH the Lions & GB make the playoffs.

Winner wins the division & loser is the WC team. BUCS ARE COOKED with a Win! Done. Stick a fork in 'em.

So where did you come up with that trash you just spewed anyway?

Last edited by Zman724 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to the Seahawk offense to make the worst defense in the league look good.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is pathetic. I hope we get bounced out of the first round.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Leave it to the Seahawk offense to make the worst defense in the league look good.

bad team, poor coaching. Wagner is #1 in tackles but blew a coverage vs David Johnson to get a 1st down on that zona game winning kick. (before johnson's catch vs Kam). Now he's blowing more Rb's.

As mentioned weeks ago, this team is done. Our OL sucks & our D is playing like garbage.

I hope we finish #4.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
This team is pathetic. I hope we get bounced out of the first round.

We will. How many PC is delusional comments have been mentioned. THe coordinators stink & the personnel doesn't have the passion. The D can't stop anyone anymore.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryder Williams wrote:

Teams still competing for a playoff spot (Week 17 opponent and chances to make playoffs in parentheses, via FiveThirtyEight). We are not including all scenarios involving ties:

Detroit Lions (vs. Green Bay; 71%) If the Lions beat the Packers, they are NFC North champs and in the playoffs. If they lose, they can still get in as the wild card if the Redskins don't beat the Giants. (Giants win)

Green Bay Packers (at Detroit; 70%) If the Packers beat (or tie) the Lions, they are NFC North champs and in the playoffs. If they lose, they can still get in as the wild card if the Redskins lose to the Giants. (Giants win)

Thus, the winner wins the division & the loser takes the W.C. if the Giants beat the Redskins.

Sorry but it's a pet peeve for someone to say something that is so false but acts like it's the truth. Research next time, would ya'. uggggh

Thanks!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if changes arent made with the coaching staff this off season we will be even worse next year. Should have lost to the Pack in 14'. Got smacked by Carolina in the divisional last year. Will probably lose in the Wildcard this year. Getting figured out on both sides of the ball. The real question is will Pete change some of his own ideas and ways? I doubt it.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn a TO vs SF? omg.

Can we just start throwing the ball to Graham. High so it's either a catch or incompletion. How many 1 hand grabs does RW need to see b4 he trusts him?

I watch KC get Travis Kelce the ball so easily week after week, but we can't get Graham the ball in similar fashion. Something is so wrong. It's either route combo's, RW or Bevell calls. PRobably a combo of all 3.

another FG attempt. I'm spoiled and this team is so frustrating to watch but I can't turn off the set.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Burn a TO vs SF? omg.

Can we just start throwing the ball to Graham. High so it's either a catch or incompletion. How many 1 hand grabs does RW need to see b4 he trusts him?

I watch KC get Travis Kelce the ball so easily week after week, but we can't get Graham the ball in similar fashion. Something is so wrong. It's either route combo's, RW or Bevell calls. PRobably a combo of all 3.

another FG attempt. I'm spoiled and this team is so frustrating to watch but I can't turn off the set.

Bam. Catch at the 1. It's about time. The game plan is so simple but we make it so difficult. RW & Bevell & Pete.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: