Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 FA's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT Sam Young was signed to a 1-year extension worth just a little over $1 million.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
OT Sam Young was signed to a 1-year extension worth just a little over $1 million.

That's great! He is a decent backup OT.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE Marqueis Gray was re-signed a 2-year contract
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

another great resigning. Looks like we are really working to let guys know that if they play hard they will be rewarded.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

another great resigning. Looks like we are really working to let guys know that if they play hard they will be rewarded.

Probably means one of Dominique Jones won't be retained. I think Sims re-signing is more likely.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both of those signings. Depth and continuity often get overlooked, so it's nice to see us retain a couple of depth players that have flashed a little potential. Hopefully they continue to develop.......I kind of like Gray as that HB type of TE that can run nice routes matched up on LBs.

I'm hoping we can retain Dion Sims at fair value.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
I like both of those signings. Depth and continuity often get overlooked, so it's nice to see us retain a couple of depth players that have flashed a little potential. Hopefully they continue to develop.......I kind of like Gray as that HB type of TE that can run nice routes matched up on LBs.

If they resign Sims, I think that eliminates TE from the draft, as they have Duarte waiting in the wings. Duarte is a Charles Clay type of TE, and can be the seam threat we are looking fore. A TE unit of Sims and Gray as the traditional TE's, and Duarte as the Seam/Move TE could be very effective.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

If they resign Sims, I think that eliminates TE from the draft, as they have Duarte waiting in the wings. Duarte is a Charles Clay type of TE, and can be the seam threat we are looking fore. A TE unit of Sims and Gray as the traditional TE's, and Duarte as the Seam/Move TE could be very effective.

I agree. I'm OK with us drafting a TE, but I just don't want to do it in the first round.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word out of Buffalo is that the Bills will release Tyrod Taylor. They don't want to pay him his remaining contract, and will let the new HC select his own QB from either the draft, or free agency.

I don't believe the Tannehill will be the same QB, playing with a partially torn ACL. He won't have the mobility he needs to escape the pass rush. He is already the worst QB in the league when it come to pocket presence. You take away his ability to run, and he is a sitting duck.

Taylor showed some grit this year, his game to me is just about as good as Russell Wilson. He had no support in Buffalo, horrible play calling, and poor WR talent. Yet the young player never complained, and gave 100%. He has a great long ball, his short passing game is very accurate, and he has NFL arm strength. He is a better Matt Moore. He also can't be rattled, as we saw in the Dolphins game.

Before people come on here and try to flame me over Wilson, Wilson has a great WR core, and had one of the best RB's in the game during his Super Bowl run. He also has a great HC. Those things really help a QB.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams is as good as cut, Armando reported as much. There's a reason he wasn't active in week 17, and it wasn't injury (full participant all week).

Stills would be nice to have back, but I personally don't think the Dolphins should retain him given the likely cost. They won't be able to keep all 3 of Stills, Landry, Parker.. it's not realistic, and Landry is due a payday next year and DvP the year after. I'd rather keep the home-grown talent.

I understand DvP is, as of today, an inferior WR to Stills but his ceiling is undeniably bigger.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Stills would be nice to have back, but I personally don't think the Dolphins should retain him given the likely cost. They won't be able to keep all 3 of Stills, Landry, Parker.. it's not realistic, and Landry is due a payday next year and DvP the year after. I'd rather keep the home-grown talent.

We have ways out after 2017. Albert, Jones, and Maxwell could be great cost-saving moves after 2017.

If we can get a great safety prospect falling to us in the first, take him and not retain Jones after 2017. Maybe Jones can be moved to WLB? Just spitballin'.

If we get another OG, we can cut Albert and save a bunch.

Maxwell could easily get cut if we get another CB.

Going after DB's early this draft could save us $$$ bigtime after 2017.
Rgossett07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Stills a lot, but this is a new regime. They won't overpay (see Olivier Vernon and Lamar Miller circa 2016) when they cam replace for cheaper in the draft. This staff believes in their ability to develop young players. Which is good.

Some team will pay Stills $8-9mm per. Dolphins won't come close. I'm sure they think Caroo can be next man up. Which is good people. The best franchises in the league have to make tough decisions and let guys walk. They are great talent evaluators and developers of talent.

I would love to see Duarte develop. Julius Thomas and Martellus PBennett had huge years under Gase.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Word out of Buffalo is that the Bills will release Tyrod Taylor. They don't want to pay him his remaining contract, and will let the new HC select his own QB from either the draft, or free agency.

I don't believe the Tannehill will be the same QB, playing with a partially torn ACL. He won't have the mobility he needs to escape the pass rush. He is already the worst QB in the league when it come to pocket presence. You take away his ability to run, and he is a sitting duck.

Taylor showed some grit this year, his game to me is just about as good as Russell Wilson. He had no support in Buffalo, horrible play calling, and poor WR talent. Yet the young player never complained, and gave 100%. He has a great long ball, his short passing game is very accurate, and he has NFL arm strength. He is a better Matt Moore. He also can't be rattled, as we saw in the Dolphins game.

Before people come on here and try to flame me over Wilson, Wilson has a great WR core, and had one of the best RB's in the game during his Super Bowl run. He also has a great HC. Those things really help a QB.

I would love to have Tyrod in our QB stable. IMO he would be the best QB on our roster right now. I think the money factor will keep this from happening though.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

I would love to have Tyrod in our QB stable. IMO he would be the best QB on our roster right now. I think the money factor will keep this from happening though.

Don't forget about how much a motivating factor that getting to stick it to your former employer brings. There will be some sour grapes if he gets dumped because of Ryans ineptitude.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather roll the dice on a mid-round draft pick of Pat Maholmes than to shell out another 8 figure annual contract to a non-elite QB.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: