Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 FA's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12808
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
durreli wrote:
Bears are closing in on an agreement with TE Dion Sims, source says. Dolphins had wanted to retain him and Bears checked with other FA TEs.


Crying or Very sad

I'll be curious to see the numbers.


Also, Bengals OG Kevin Zeitler is singing with Cleveland.

5 years, $60 million, $31.5 million guaranteed. Glad the Dolphins aren't paying him that.


Just couldn't compete with those types of figures.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
durreli


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 224
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source: Dolphins have reached agreement with tight end Anthony Fasano, who is coming back to Miami where he played 5 seasons. Solid pickup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2914
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Source: Dolphins have reached agreement with tight end Anthony Fasano, who is coming back to Miami where he played 5 seasons. Solid pickup.


Confirmed!! With this news I guess we will not be drafting a TE in the first 3 rounds and that Sims will not be back.

http://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-veteran-te-anthony-fasano/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12808
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:
Source: Dolphins have reached agreement with tight end Anthony Fasano, who is coming back to Miami where he played 5 seasons. Solid pickup.


Confirmed!! With this news I guess we will not be drafting a TE in the first 3 rounds and that Sims will not be back.

http://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-veteran-te-anthony-fasano/


Which sucks. It's the best TE draft in recent memory.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerica


Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 1551
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:
Source: Dolphins have reached agreement with tight end Anthony Fasano, who is coming back to Miami where he played 5 seasons. Solid pickup.


Confirmed!! With this news I guess we will not be drafting a TE in the first 3 rounds and that Sims will not be back.

http://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-veteran-te-anthony-fasano/


Which sucks. It's the best TE draft in recent memory.


I dunno I wouldn't rule it out tbh. Guess we'll see how much they believe in Julius THomas.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
durreli


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 224
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources confirm #Dolphins have signed 2016 Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones to a five-year contract extension.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12808
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Sources confirm #Dolphins have signed 2016 Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones to a five-year contract extension.


Again, it always depends on guaranteed money, but that one has a chance to bite the team in the butt. Jones is already 29.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
durreli


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 224
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per source, Dolphins plan to waive Isa Abdul Quddus today because of failed physical
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12017
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Per source, Dolphins plan to waive Isa Abdul Quddus today because of failed physical


Shame for both player and team.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2914
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
durreli wrote:
Sources confirm #Dolphins have signed 2016 Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones to a five-year contract extension.


Again, it always depends on guaranteed money, but that one has a chance to bite the team in the butt. Jones is already 29.


Yeah, Jones is probably our best player but this move scares me. He's missed a lot of games to injury more than once and it's $35M garaunteed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2914
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
durreli wrote:
Per source, Dolphins plan to waive Isa Abdul Quddus today because of failed physical


Shame for both player and team.


Agreed. He played very well for us. I was hoping to see him back as a dolphin but hearing that he likely will not play again is really disappointing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2914
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins reportedly are hosting a visit from Patriots FA DE Jabaal Sheard. We are also rumored to be interested in Patriots FA LB Dont'a Hightower who is reportedly expecting a deal worth $10-13M annually.

http://nesn.com/2017/03/nfl-rumors-dolphins-among-teams-interested-in-donta-hightower/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12017
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
durreli wrote:
Sources confirm #Dolphins have signed 2016 Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones to a five-year contract extension.


Again, it always depends on guaranteed money, but that one has a chance to bite the team in the butt. Jones is already 29.


Yeah, Jones is probably our best player but this move scares me. He's missed a lot of games to injury more than once and it's $35M garaunteed.


I understand the trepidation, but I think you take that risk. He's an elite safety, and a home-grown player. Pay the man.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericsvibe


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 1166
Location: East Helena, MT
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it appears that the Dolphins are going to use free agency to rebuild the defense. Timmons, and Hightower are the targets to pair with Alonso. The Phins aren't expected to chase any big name free agent OG's.

This strategy will give the team the ability to chase the BPA in the first round, regardless of position. The team can then target OG in the later rounds. Don't rule out an OG in the 1st if that is the BPA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MiaDolphan13


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 1460
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something to be said about keeping your own. Especially after what the front office said about doing it.

It makes guys want to play for you and stay here. Stills etc who took less money to stay. We are developing a culture here that has been missing. I am glad we paid Jones. He's elite and deserves it. Eric Berry is 28 and received a 6 year 78 million contract. It's the market for elite safeties.

Lastly, teams can play with cap hits so much now, money doesn't matter. And the guaranteed money is a loop hole. It isn't my money or yours so who cares what their guaranteed.

I'd like to get Sheard and another cheap guard like Larsen. Head into the draft.
_________________
"I'd be happy for him. Great Guy! He is like Tim Tebow on Estrogen."

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group