You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 FA's
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: 2017 FA's Reply with quote

Way too early, I know But there are several intriguing names:

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

1. Kirk Cousins QB WAS
2. Chandler Jones OLB ARI
3. Le’Veon Bell RB PIT
4. Eric Berry S KC
5. Jamie Collins OLB CLE
6. Alshon Jeffery WR CHI
7. Dont’a Hightower OLB NE
8. Melvin Ingram OLB SD
9. Kawann Short DT CAR
10. A.J. Bouye CB HOU
11. Kevin Zeitler G CIN
12. Jason P-Paul DE NYG
13. T.J. Lang G GB
14. Tony Jefferson S ARI
15. Terrelle Pryor WR CLE
16. Martellus Ben. TE NE
17. Calais Campbell DE ARI
18. Bennie Logan DT PHI
19. Nick Perry OLB GB
20. Zach Brown ILB BUF
21. Morris Claiborne CB DAL
22. Nick Fairley DT NO
23. Larry Warford G DET
24. Ronald Leary G DAL
25. Eddie Lacy RB GB
26. Trumaine Johnson CB LA
27. Brandon Williams DT BAL
28. Charles Johnson DE CAR
29. Dontari Poe DT KC
30. Stephon Gilmore CB BUF

We're a team on the rise and have more appeal than ever before, IMO.

Does JPP want to come home? I imagine he could get the franchise tag. But would they pay top-dollar for two DE's? Their DT Damon Harrison is also under contract for 10M/yr for the next 4 years.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/yearly/cap/

Lots of intriguing names here, and snagging one or two quality players at need positions would help us draft more for BPA.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the projected cap space, and this is the reason that I believe that free agents this year are going to be some of the highest paid in the history of the NFL. This is also why I believe that the Dolphins won't be very active in free agency, besides resigning our own players.

Buccaneers will have 68 mil. Add to the fact they have a great young QB and barely missed the playoffs, they are going to be hard to contend with.

Browns will have 62 mil. What else is new, however some guys only want the money.

Patriots will have 60 mil. How is this even fair. They will be able to land any free agent they want.

Titans will have 48 mil. Again a great young QB, they will be able to compete with the blue chips.

Redskins and the Bears will have 47. Both have lots to offer free agents.

Again, this is going to be a tight market. The Dolphins will be right in the middle with our available free agent dollars.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Here is the projected cap space, and this is the reason that I believe that free agents this year are going to be some of the highest paid in the history of the NFL. This is also why I believe that the Dolphins won't be very active in free agency, besides resigning our own players.

I think Stills and Alonso are our only MUST re-signs. Branch & Sims would be nice.

Willams & Misi could be cuts/re-stucutres. That'll save 12M if bother were cut. Cutting Albert would save 7M in 2017, but 10M in 2018.

I think, we really just need two additional holes plugged in FA, without creating new holes. We still have rollover (8M?) and a projected 10M in salary cap increase.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to keep Sims, Stills and Alonso. Tanneyhill is set to make 20 million, not sure he is worth it.

I would rather resign Moore to a 3-4 million deal and grab a rookie. But not sure how much a hit we would take on Tanney.

Landry deserves his pay day as well.

Adopt a Phins 2016 #1 pick
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
I would really like to keep Sims, Stills and Alonso. Tanneyhill is set to make 20 million, not sure he is worth it.

I would rather resign Moore to a 3-4 million deal and grab a rookie. But not sure how much a hit we would take on Tanney.

Is Rashad Jones a necessary re-sign in 2018? That would pay for Landry.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Is Rashad Jones a necessary re-sign in 2018? That would pay for Landry.

It always depends on money, but absolutely, 100% yes.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the season I'm posting a mock offseason where I address a lot of this.

Kiko is a RFA so he will be re-signed for 1 year for about $2 million.

Williams & Misi being cut will save about $12 million.

Just those moves alone will leave Miami with $45-ish million in cap space, without a ton of priority FAs to resign. Kenny Stills, Andre Branch, & Jelani Jenkins will likely be the most expensive. Dion Sims, Jason Jones, Spencer Paysinger may get re-signed as well.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One nice thing this year is that you will have guys wanting to come to Miami to win and not just looking for the over inflated payday.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
One nice thing this year is that you will have guys wanting to come to Miami to win and not just looking for the over inflated payday.

I think winning our Wildcard game could do wonders as to bringing in 1 or 2 Veteran upgrades. That would really be something to pair with a coach players want to play for and 8 games a year of no state tax.......plus the warm weather and renovated stadium.

I'm feeling optimistic about our team for the first time in a long time........ I still blame Ireland.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw a free agent update, it listed Stills as a player that will generate allot of interest. They expect him to get a deal that mirrors Pierre Garcon's latest contract. He received a contract that pays 8.5 mil a year for 5 years.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Dolphinmeister wrote:

I think winning our Wildcard game could do wonders as to bringing in 1 or 2 Veteran upgrades. That would really be something to pair with a coach players want to play for and 8 games a year of no state tax.......plus the warm weather and renovated stadium.

I'm feeling optimistic about our team for the first time in a long time........ I still blame Ireland.

You and me both!!![/u]

Adopt a Phins 2016 #1 pick
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe would be really nice! Some solid OG options too. Brown at LB would be helpful too. Most of the rest of the list either doesn't fit our scheme or will probably get paid more than they are worth.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
I just saw a free agent update, it listed Stills as a player that will generate allot of interest. They expect him to get a deal that mirrors Pierre Garcon's latest contract. He received a contract that pays 8.5 mil a year for 5 years.

I think this is why we traded up for Carroo.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the number one goal is linebackers. They are needed for run support and secondary help in the passing game. I feel the linebackers are the difference between Miami's defense now and a top 5 defense next year.
Alonzo is very good but not great and the rest of the backers are average at best.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to resign Branch, Denney, Sam Young, Michael Thomas, Dion Sims, and Kenny Stills. I want to cut Mario Williams or get him to take a pay cut. Same with Misi and Mitchell. Then I want to sign a NT, LB, and OG. They don't have to be cream of the crop FA signings, but solid starting caliber players. Then I think we still need to draft DE, LB, OG, TE, and a developmental QB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: