You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft QB Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Boston Globe guy thinks it is a 2nd from Browns or Bears.

Our 2nd more or less is a 1st.... and we have two 4ths this year.

So pick #36 and our first 4th round pick for Jimmy G might seal the deal... could throw in a 4th from 2018 for good measure.

Bleh. I don't love it, but I like it more than Trubisky/Watson/Kizer #3 overall.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather just sign Tyrod after he's cut then trade our 2nd and 4th or draft any of these guys in the first.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I'd rather just sign Tyrod after he's cut then trade our 2nd and 4th or draft any of these guys in the first.

Tyrod isn't signing here. Apparently him going to Denver is one of the worst kept secrets in the NFL.

Plus he is not coming to a team without any QB friendly coaching, when he can reunite with Kubiak.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Deshaun Watson... I think he's the closest thing in this draft to Derek Carr (pending height/weight of course). I think he isn't ready to start, though, and will need at least half the season on the bench. His leadership, from what I've gathered, is a huge plus and I think Pace will love it.

Deshone Kizer... has anyone really dug into him yet? I think he's as raw as raw can be and I really don't want him touching the field his rookie season. Aside from the huge arm, thick body, what else is he? The kid is highly inaccurate, either sailing balls or turfing them (I've seen one of each in a few games now as I work through him). Who do you compare him to that's currently in the NFL? Please don't say Cam Newton...

Regardless... I think Mike McCoy would be a solid OC for either of these two kids since it seems like his strength is adapting an offense to the talents on his roster. I don't think we'd get away from the zone blocking run scheme we have... but with Watson/Kizer I'd have to think the zone-read becomes a staple.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
gah112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson doesn't have Carr's arm talent. It's not even close.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:

You don't think so? I'd say it's right up there... their throwing motions are fairly similar as well if memory serves me right.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Boston Globe guy thinks it is a 2nd from Browns or Bears.

If you can get Jimmy straight up for a 2nd round pick then you do it because you might not believe he is better than Kizer, Watson or Trubisky but he is damn sure better than anyone else in this draft.

SF is the real wild card here to me though because everything for them changes it Chip Kelly is let go. I don't really see them as a player for JG if Chip is there. It if not then all bets are off. More takers = higher price, and if the price goes up Cleveland has the most to give with 2 2nds on top of their 2 1sts.

Personally, if we don't go QB at the top then I still prefer a trade down and still taking one later with additional picks in hand over Garoppolo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I like Deshaun Watson... I think he's the closest thing in this draft to Derek Carr (pending height/weight of course). I think he isn't ready to start, though, and will need at least half the season on the bench. His leadership, from what I've gathered, is a huge plus and I think Pace will love it.

Deshone Kizer... has anyone really dug into him yet? I think he's as raw as raw can be and I really don't want him touching the field his rookie season. Aside from the huge arm, thick body, what else is he? The kid is highly inaccurate, either sailing balls or turfing them (I've seen one of each in a few games now as I work through him). Who do you compare him to that's currently in the NFL? Please don't say Cam Newton...

Regardless... I think Mike McCoy would be a solid OC for either of these two kids since it seems like his strength is adapting an offense to the talents on his roster. I don't think we'd get away from the zone blocking run scheme we have... but with Watson/Kizer I'd have to think the zone-read becomes a staple.

Personally I think the zone read will get used with those guys similar to how Seattle has used it with Russell Wilson in that it was much heavier his first few years than it is now. I like Watson a whole lot as a player personally and I think he has top shelf intangibles too. I haven't decided yet whether I like him at 3 but at the same time I don't think he falls any farther than 6 to the Jets. Frankly if Chip Kelly is still in San Francisco next year I think there's a really good chance Watson is a 49er next year.

I do think if we do end up drafting him in the top five that he needs to be starting day one though. I don't think he learns anything sitting on the bench in comparison to what he learns actually seeing NFL defense in NFL speed. I don't think he's any less ready the Derek Carr was and Carr started right away. G08 I know you've been singing Carr's praises and rightfully so. He's probably not where he is right now without playing that whole first year and taking those lumps then though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note: Brad Kaaya is balling out right now...

KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a Bears fan to join our Total Control GM mock. Control free agency, trades and the draft of your Bears! Sign up in GM Mock Forum

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
G08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik Galko reporting that Brad Kaaya is expected to declare.

I hated him but he's looked damn good tonight.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

It worries me how much of a statue he is.

He was ranked 125/135 against pressure this season.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
gah112 wrote:

You don't think so? I'd say it's right up there... their throwing motions are fairly similar as well if memory serves me right.

Carr has an extremely strong arm...Watson doesn't come close to being able to push the ball down field with as much velocity.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
gah112 wrote:

Carr has an extremely strong arm...Watson doesn't come close to being able to push the ball down field with as much velocity.

I think the most glaring similarity is that they both seem to have that clutch gene.

In big moments, they play big.

Game on the line, hostile crowd, and they don't seem phased.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:

It worries me how much of a statue he is.

He was ranked 125/135 against pressure this season.

Kaaya looks completely lost again pressure...we would probably need to upgrade both OT spots this offseason for him to have a chance.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 3 of 66

Jump to: