Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft QB Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Draft QB Talk Reply with quote

Feel free to merge into the draft thread, but I have a feeling we're going to be very active talking about the QBs in this class.

Where do you guys see Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, and Deshone Kizer being drafted? Let's say based on their actual current talent/value and then with the "QBs always get overdrafted" goggles on... go:

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect all 3 will go top 10 when it is all said and done.

1. Clev: Myles Garrett
2. SF: Mitch Trubisky
3. Chi: Deshaun Watson
4. Jax: Jonathan Allen
5. Ten: Jamal Adams
6. NYJ: Deshone Kizer
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If pace sticks to his history of drafting based on traits, isn't Kizer a no brainer? Best arm, best size, above average athleticism.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
If pace sticks to his history of drafting based on traits, isn't Kizer a no brainer? Best arm, best size, above average athleticism.

I think at QB, no. He cut his teeth in the NFL around Drew Brees, I don't think he will place excess value on height/weight/arm strength. He wants a leader, first and foremost.

I think Deshaun Watson is his dream QB in that regard, scouts seem to talk very highly about him there. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall when he's doing chalkboard work or breaking down defenses.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:

A lot will be based on scheme fit but I agree that Kizer has the makings of a better NFL QB than Watson does.
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 3 go in the 1st and possibly top-15.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
All 3 go in the 1st and possibly top-15.

This is kind of where I think things will go. In 2015 the top 2 went 1-2 and then didn't have another go for over 2 full rounds. That was an oddity and ridiculously bad class where depth was concerned. I think since 2000 there have been 3 QBs in the first in like 9 or 10, and that will likely continue this year. There isn't a Luck or other stud QB, but the top 3 each have something that really stands out. An offensive coach will want to cater an offense to their skill sets.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Epyon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trubisky will be a top 10 pick, and I think is favored to be the #1 QB (but not #1 overall)..... His draft floor is #9 to Cleveland.

Kizer to me is one of 3 categories: top 10, Early 2nd rounder, or "do not draft".....and which of those 3 depends entirely on where you view him (Franchise QB who only did badly because ND was trash = top 10, Heavily Flawed QB albeit with the tools to potentially be a franchise QB = 2nd Rounder, "Do not draft" = the Hackenburg (aka projected bust).... I feel like most GMs have already made up their mind on him by now too.... His combine/interviews can only hurt him.

Watson is the real wildcard.... Playoffs, combine, bowl game, and whiteboard interviews are all going to have his stock bouncing around. If he aces those, I think he's the #1 QB.... If not, he could tumble all the way down to a third rounder.... That being said, I think he's probably the safest of the 3 QBs for their rookie years, specifically because of read option type plays (and him likely being the best runner)...though obviously injury risk is also significantly higher long term if he would be used like that.

Webb: This is still the guy I think ends up rising the draft board. He won't be a 1st rounder, but I can see him making a play for as high as early second round if he does even remotely well at the Senior Bowl.... Personally, I really don't think there's all that significant a drop off between Kizer and him, as both are more potential than player to me. Kizer edges him on mobility and being better able to throw on the move, and should appropriately go first, but Webb arguably has better intangibles and a better deep ball which help keep him in the conversation.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read on Watson

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/acc/clemson-tigers/2016/12/27/deshaun-watson-versus-florida-state-weakside-blitz/
gah112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see all 3 of the big names drafted highly (possibly in the top 10) and that there will be a 4th QB drafted in the 1st round.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Good read on Watson

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/acc/clemson-tigers/2016/12/27/deshaun-watson-versus-florida-state-weakside-blitz/

This certainly makes me feel better about him, thanks for posting.

I have a feeling Watson is the guy Pace is chomping at the bit for in this draft.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Good read on Watson

This certainly makes me feel better about him, thanks for posting.

I have a feeling Watson is the guy Pace is chomping at the bit for in this draft.

The one thing that gives me some comfort if he does choose to go QB in the 1st is that he's been all over scouting these top guys all season, so if he's taking one of them it's because he's fully vetted them and deemed them worthy over elite defensive prospects like Allen, Adams, Foster or Barnett.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
I think we'll see all 3 of the big names drafted highly (possibly in the top 10) and that there will be a 4th QB drafted in the 1st round.

Who would you guess to be the 4th? I personally feel Mahomes will make it to early 2nd and be taken. While he is obviously not a finished product, physically he has close to Matthew Stafford's gifts with more speed (Yes, Stafford clearly was better prepared coming out of Georgia and their pro-style system). That will be very appealing to coaches who feel they can develop him, especially when he gets to go out next to the others and perform at the combine.

G08

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Mahomes declare??

Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Did Mahomes declare??

No, not yet. I just feel he will want to take advantage of what looks to be a weaker QB class. It will be hard to improve much other than mechanically, and I am hontestly not sure how much of a focus that will be. To me he will advance faster under an NFL positional coach, getting reps from under center now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 1 of 66

Jump to: