You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What should the Browns do with their 1st round picks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highboltage55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Garrett is the "Blue Chip" / "Slam Dunk" prospect of this class, but does anyone think if they transition to more of a "base 4-3" they opt to select Jonathan Allen instead?

I know they took Ogbah and Nassib last year and clearly Garrett as a prospect is leaps and bounds ahead of both guys, but with Gregg Williams coming over to run the Defense would they opt for Allen ?

I personally would take Garrett and be done with it, having Ogbah and Garrett as potential bookends would be great- but what about a DL consisting of: Ogbah (DE)-J. Allen (3 Tech) - Shelton (1 T NT) and Nassib/FA/Draftee (DE)?

I am not too familiar with Clevelands schemes, I know obviously most teams run a lot of hybrid looks in today's NFL but Williams typically ran a 4-3 most recently in LA. Allen from what I have read can also play all along the D-Line giving versatility. I posted kind of the same question just not as in depth under the Gregg Williams post in the news section, just curious.
Ello667

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
I understand Garrett is the "Blue Chip" / "Slam Dunk" prospect of this class, but does anyone think if they transition to more of a "base 4-3" they opt to select Jonathan Allen instead?

I know they took Ogbah and Nassib last year and clearly Garrett as a prospect is leaps and bounds ahead of both guys, but with Gregg Williams coming over to run the Defense would they opt for Allen ?

I personally would take Garrett and be done with it, having Ogbah and Garrett as potential bookends would be great- but what about a DL consisting of: Ogbah (DE)-J. Allen (3 Tech) - Shelton (1 T NT) and Nassib/FA/Draftee (DE)?

I am not too familiar with Clevelands schemes, I know obviously most teams run a lot of hybrid looks in today's NFL but Williams typically ran a 4-3 most recently in LA. Allen from what I have read can also play all along the D-Line giving versatility. I posted kind of the same question just not as in depth under the Gregg Williams post in the news section, just curious.

I would be happy with Allen or Garrett at 1. I just want this team to improve at stopping the run though which is my concern as well. I am assuming we take Garrett but I think Allen and Solomon Thomas in round 1 would be the ideal scenario in improving our defense overall.
neo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to what it would take to trade up to the #1 spot from the 3rd. Bears fan here and if we could get Garrett and the Browns still get Allen or the QB they covet, then boom.

Just a question. I think the Browns should go Garrett and let the rest of the draft come to them
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:
I'm curious as to what it would take to trade up to the #1 spot from the 3rd. Bears fan here and if we could get Garrett and the Browns still get Allen or the QB they covet, then boom.

Just a question. I think the Browns should go Garrett and let the rest of the draft come to them

As a Browns fan, I'd try to (INAPPROPRIATE) the Bears. I'd ask for #3, a 2nd, and a 2018 1st. That's too much, but it's what I'd hold out for.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:

It can vary pretty wildly based on the prospect being acquired. Trade Chart Value goes right out the window (and I think that fewer teams are using the old trade chart anyway).

At the very least, if I'm the Browns and I'm looking more at Allen as opposed to Garrett, the idea of trading #1 to the Bears would be enticing. The one player in this draft that there is almost no chance of the 49ers picking is Allen (of course, they could still trade the pick). I'm not doing it for anything less than the browns first round pick next year along with #3 though. Maybe a mid round selection this year to go with it.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
neo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
neo wrote:

It can vary pretty wildly based on the prospect being acquired. Trade Chart Value goes right out the window (and I think that fewer teams are using the old trade chart anyway).

At the very least, if I'm the Browns and I'm looking more at Allen as opposed to Garrett, the idea of trading #1 to the Bears would be enticing. The one player in this draft that there is almost no chance of the 49ers picking is Allen (of course, they could still trade the pick). I'm not doing it for anything less than the browns first round pick next year along with #3 though. Maybe a mid round selection this year to go with it.

Understandable. Would be interesting to see it happen and what it would take. We need to have picks so giving up so much where could still get Allen would.make sense. Definitely a good rebuttal if the Browns were to ask too much regardless of the perceived leverage
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams that trade for the #1 pick always get hosed. So any realistic "seems like a win for both teams" probably won't happen. And tbh, I don't think Cleveland will trade & I think it's the right decision.

Now pick #12 will likely be tradeable, unless Adams or Hooker is there. We seemingly want to acquire picks, but losing out on Garrett would be a slap in the balls.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Browns suck at picking QBs they should just get two

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:

bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:

I mean this guy gets it. Honestly, if you're going troll atleast try. I mean that was terrible [inappropriate/removed] attempt. You should be embarrassed.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen at 1 and Foster 12. Run defense will be much better and pass rush will be a nightmare with Allen in the middle next to Shelton. Ogbah will be a potential break out player too.

See what you have in Kessler and if is not it in 2018 find your QB.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett at 1 no matter what.

I'm not a huge Watson guy but I won't hate him at 12 (I'm hoping we can get Taylor).

BPA at 12

Hooker, Adams, Williams, Foster, CB, Another edge guy, etc.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
wukusimw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to come out with a safety at #12 out of Hooker, Adams, or Peppers. It is the position needing the most upgrading and safeties never come off the field. For example we took Shelton who is pretty much a 2 down player. We could take a #3 corner but teams could then go power formation to get him off the field.

Now if we let Collins go Foster would be great, but if Collins is resigned is would be hard to have him, Kirksey, and Foster on the field in nickel situations without misusing them.

Now a safety will be in there every down and all three of those guys are top athletes for the position.

You could also go DE/DT depending on what you do at #1. Say you choose Garrett you could go Thomas(who may be more of a DE), or Brantley although maybe a bit of a reach. So maybe there really isn't even a DT worthy there. Say it is Allen then maybe Barnett will still be there or the door open to choose Thomas for DE.

Of course a QB at 1 or 12 could throw a wrench in all of this.

Both picks I hope they choose players that are elite athletes at positions that cannot be taken off of the field.
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Browns fan, here's what I want:

If we stay at #1: Myles Garrett

If we trade the pick and still stay in the Top 3: Jonathan Allen

At #12, I REALLY want one of the following guys (assuming they are there):

*Mike Williams
*Reuben Foster
*Jamal Adams
*Malik Hooker

Guys I'd consider at #12 and be okay with/could be talked into:

*Cam Robinson
*Barnett

Guys who scare me that are boom or bust guys that I fear will bust/not live up to the first round hype:

The QBs:
*Trubisky
*Kizer
*Watson

Guys I don't want under any circumstances:

*Tim Williams: I just don't see it in the NFL. 24 year old rookie that I've only seen as a pure edge rusher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:

I mean this guy gets it. Honestly, if you're going troll atleast try. I mean that was terrible [inappropriate/removed] attempt. You should be embarrassed.

Not trolling if it's true

Nah but srs. Chill out

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: